The Falkirk FC Thread

As regards Morrison I think it's imperative we keep him till the end of the season, we aren't going to get much money for him in January. If he signs a PCA elsewhere then good luck to him, but we absolutely need out of this division this season and he'd be a loss at this stage. I will say any side doing well attracts attention and he won't be the only player other teams are looking at. Victims of our own success. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Err, no they wouldn't. Promising to keep on paying Finn Yeats / Call Morrison after their contracts expire in May won't cost anything until June, which would come from next years budget. 

I would disagree. If we were to offer Hendo a new 2 year contract at a higher salary than what we are paying now then that increase would be effectively immediately. That’s my understanding of it anyway. It’s like when cal has signed new contracts in the past his new wage wouldn’t become effective until the end of his old contract, it would be effective straight away. Obviously if the new contract was on the same wage then it wouldn’t make a difference. But any wage increase would have to be found from this years budget. 

Edited by Big chungus

13 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I would disagree. If we were to offer Hendo a new 2 year contract at a higher salary than what we are paying now then that increase would be effectively immediately. That’s my understanding of it anyway. It’s like when cal has signed new contracts in the past his new wage wouldn’t become effective until the end of his old contract, it would be effective straight away. Obviously if the new contract was on the same wage then it wouldn’t make a difference. But any wage increase would have to be found from this years budget. 

Surely a contract extension at a higher rate of pay signed now would kick in when the current contract expires and wouldn't therefore cost the club anything until later this summer? If not, then its not an extension that's being signed but a new contract.

2 hours ago, Big chungus said:

The club could certainly offer that, though I have no idea whether they would. 

However, let's say your theory is accurate and it would cost us (picking a number out of thin air here) an extra twenty grand out of this years budget. 

That twenty grand would pay for an extra player this season. A player who might make the difference between us getting promoted or not. 

If we get promoted, we'll be playing in front of bigger crowds so presumably bigger salaries and win bonuses for the players next season. A season that Hendo will have committed to if he signs an extension in January. So it's in his own interests for us to go up. 

Were I in his shoes, I'd be telling FFC to pay me that twenty grand in June. Out of next seasons budget. I'm guaranteed to get the money anyway, but deferring payment gives me a greater chance of increasing my income next year. 

TBH though, my suspicion is it's unlikely we'll be doing extensions until we know what league we'll be in. McGlynn told us (I think at the AGM) that if we don't go up the likes of Spencer will not be here to complete the second year of their contract. So if the Spencers, Langs, Millers et al can all walk in the summer if we fail, presumably to protect us financially if we have to go part-time, I can't see anyone getting an extension in January. Particularly on an increased salary. 

Not unless the FSS number are big enough by then to sustain a fulltime budget in league one for next season. Or the board have something else up their sleeve. 

We shall see. 

My Auld man just got back from holiday today, I 'made' him watch the Annan highlights just so I could drool a wee bit more over Tams goal!  We've had a few crackers already this season, any bairns fans with enough free time and talent that could compile a wee reel of this seasons belters?

25 minutes ago, some_guy said:

My Auld man just got back from holiday today, I 'made' him watch the Annan highlights just so I could drool a wee bit more over Tams goal!  We've had a few crackers already this season, any bairns fans with enough free time and talent that could compile a wee reel of this seasons belters?

I'm too lazy to compile that video, but I will tell you that Morrison's late, late show vs Montrose is defo the winner at the moment. We've seen some absolute blockbuster goals this season and honestly it wouldn't surprise me if Morrison's ends up not being the best.

35 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

The club’s online ticketing portal needs throwing in the bin, and start again. Having to buy one ticket at a time to cover a  group of friends all season ticket holders linked on profile. 

Seems buying for a family of 4 was problematic. Appears limited to two tickets, so 2 adults and 2 U16 had to go through as separate transactions.

Definitely not as slick as it could (or should) be.

Are there tickets left to buy online? I get taken to the Bonnyrigg vs Falkirk page on the website but can't see any link to tickets.

Scratch that, the link doesn't appear unless you're logged in but it seems I only have my own ST linked to my account so can only buy one ticket.

Edited by Rizzo

26 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Seems buying for a family of 4 was problematic. Appears limited to two tickets, so 2 adults and 2 U16 had to go through as separate transactions.

Definitely not as slick as it could (or should) be.

Did you manage to download or print them when you received the acknowledgement email ?  I’ve nothing when I hit the link

13 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Are there tickets left to buy online? I get taken to the Bonnyrigg vs Falkirk page on the website but can't see any link to tickets.

Scratch that, the link doesn't appear unless you're logged in but it seems I only have my own ST linked to my account so can only buy one ticket.

Yes there was a wee process to go through to link other ST’s to your online profile:

On-line

On-line sales will open at 9.30am on Thursday 28th December for supporters wishing to purchase ticket(s) on-line. You will need to have a login for our ticketing site. You can add friends and family members to your account, to allow you to buy tickets on their behalf, please contact Laura.craig@falkirkfc.co.uk if you wish to do this. Please note to purchase a ticket for this game all friends and family added to your account would also need to be a season ticket holder. There will be 300 tickets available to purchase on-line.”