The Falkirk FC Thread

I had the same conversation about Allan the other day, I think he’d score goals if he played regularly. Loaning him to someone else in our league could improve them without being able to play against us. He would make a difference to every team below Cove. Shanley puts him further down our pecking order 

22 minutes ago, Shabba said:

I had the same conversation about Allan the other day, I think he’d score goals if he played regularly. Loaning him to someone else in our league could improve them without being able to play against us. He would make a difference to every team below Cove. Shanley puts him further down our pecking order 

I suppose it also doesn’t help, when you’re trying to play off of somebody as unpredictable as Freddy!🤷‍♂️🤯

It makes a change for us that all we are really looking for is a cherry on top for our squad instead of  as in previous seasons 3 or 4 players to keep us in the mix. It's Hamilton who are now in that situation thankfully.  I see they are supposedly signing Ben Williamson. Saw him play one of his few games for thistle against us in the league cup and he was pretty poor to be honest and hasn't made much of an impression there at all.so if that's the level of player they are looking at bringing in then it's nothing to worry about.

Edited by Shodwall cat

56 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

That first half from Calvin Miller was the best I've seen from any player in f**k knows how long. 3 assists and a top class goal. What a player.

Also never appreciated how good the 5th goal was until I watched the replay there. 

I've been saying that Tam Lang is player of the season, but this form that Calvin Miller is producing is something quite special indeed, and he'll easily be player of the season if he keeps this up. That yesterday was a masterclass.

20 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It makes a change for us that all we are really looking for is a cherry on top for our squad instead of  as in previous seasons 3 or 4 players to keep us in the mix. It's Hamilton who are now in that situation thankfully.  I see they are supposedly signing Ben Williamson. Saw him play one of his few games for thistle against us in the league cup and he was pretty poor to be honest and hasn't made much of an impression there at all.so if that's the level of player they are looking at bringing in then it's nothing to worry about.

I'd be careful with that way of thinking, as my mate is a Morton fan and he wasn't all that bothered about losing Calvin Miller last season (and now look at him!). Sometimes it's the system, or the personnel, or just the right environment and it can make all the difference for a player.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

We talk about the performances of Morrison and Miller but if you watch closely you can see how often they are fed by McCann and Yeats. Full backs starting a lot of the moves. All good

See how far infield Yeats was in the build up to the 5th goal, any further and he'd have been on the community pitch! 

1 hour ago, Raybowski89 said:

I dunno why, but I just love the (the navy blue!) that like two folk always shout haha. I'm probably not explaining this well lol.

I love it as well. I remember a game early doors this season, can’t remember who we were playing but the Ultras started it and even all the auld timers along the Grangemouth end of the KM7 where I sit were clapping and singing along. Absolutely brilliant 💙

With a couple or so hours till the new year, for all the Falkirk supporters around the world, hope you have a brilliant new year. Special thanks to John and Paul, you’ve set the bar in equalling the best ever run of games without defeat, and testament to the guys who have signed for the NB.

Thank You.

TOP 5 TEAMS (On Points Per Game):

1.    ⁠Celtic (2.40 points per game)
2.    ⁠Rangers (2.37 points per game)

3 ) Falkirk (2.25 points per game)

4 ) The Spartans (2.17 points per game)

5)  Stenhousemuir (1.94 points per game)

The sixth best side on PPG were Dunfermline Athletic, achieving 1.94 points per game.

TOP 5 WIN %

1.    ⁠Rangers (76%)
2.    ⁠Celtic (75%)
3.    ⁠Falkirk (67%)
4.    ⁠The Spartans (63%)
5.    ⁠Stenhousemuir (56%)

Dunfermline Athletic had the sixth highest win % (51%) in the SPFL for 2023.

TOP 5 SCORERS

1.    ⁠Celtic (103 goals)
2.    ⁠Rangers (87 goals)
3.    ⁠Falkirk (77 goals scored)
4.    ⁠Airdrieonians (67 goals scored)
5.    ⁠The Spartans (63 goals scored)

Partick Thistle had the sixth best attack in the SPFL in 2023, scoring 59 goals.

TOP 5 DEFENCES

1.    ⁠The Spartans (25 goals conceded)
2.    ⁠Falkirk (28 goals conceded)
3.    ⁠Rangers (29 goals conceded)
4.    ⁠Dunfermline Athletic (30 goals conceded)
5.    ⁠Stenhousemuir (31 goals conceded)

WHAT A GREAT HALF SEASON. HAPPY NEW YEAR. 

Edited by Roboccop