The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

That is disgraceful but not remotely surprising re Holt. Agree with BB that the rot had already set in before Holt arrived tbf, and we were mainly top due to being the least shite team in a very poor league. Or to put it another way, we're already 6 points ahead of Partick's winning total from that season having played 4 games fewer. Or the equivalent of a 27 point gap over 36 matches.

However, in that January transfer window we could and should have strengthened. Instead we signed McClelland, Neilson and Fotheringham. Decent prospects but in reality none were experienced enough to really contribute anything. By comparison Partick signed Scott Tiffony - from fecking Livingston of all places - that transformed their team and off they went. 

I watched that game in Peterhead and it was an utterly miserable performance. I know we had some injuries to the likes of Telfer, Connolly, Dowds etc (leaving mainly total jobbers on the bench like Liam Kelly, Gary Miller, Robbie Leitch and Akeel Francis) but the starting 11 should still have managed to drag itself over the line: Mutch - Mercer Durnan McClelland Deveney - Morrison Gomis Alston Fotheringham - Sammon Keena 

M&M were doing okay before Holt arrived but were responsible for signing much of the shite above and ultimately weren't good enough.

It was an absolutely mental season which will live long in the memory for all the wrong reasons. Will hopefully make it all the more satisfying if we can finally get promoted this season, and do it in a bit of style as a bonus.

Holt rang my alarm bell on his first game in charge the Hibs 4 - Falkirk 3 Scottish Cup semi-final

Was obvious Hibs were going to throw all they had at us in the 2nd half. when I saw Falkirk line up with a 3 in midfield for the last 45 minutes, I knew he was going to be a disaster.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I see the game on Saturday is available to UK customers by ppv. How is that I thought you couldn't show 3pm games live?

It’s an exempt day. Guess because it’s English cup. 

53 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I see mental. Not a single live fa cup game on at 3 tomorrow either.

Gillingham v Sheffield United is on Premier sports at 3pm on Saturday. 

6 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It truly warms my heart that with all the debates, discussions and disagreements that occur on this forum - even when we’re doing brilliantly - the one thing that brings us all together in unison is that Gary Holt is a w**k. 

If we can all agree he was am arsehole as a player and was in Killie side that robbed us of the cup, a w****r as a manager throwing away 3 goal lead in a semifinal and buggering off at the 1st sign of another job and as a DOF I don't have the words. Is he really a fifer in disguise

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

I see the game on Saturday is available to UK customers by ppv. How is that I thought you couldn't show 3pm games live?

Guessing with winter break in premier league and being FA CUP weekend.

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

A good family friend was down at the stadium, the kids had a ball, and the players were absolutely top class. These kids are the future for the club, and we sometimes forget the time and effort, so many parents, volunteers and coaches give to the club. 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2024/01/04/junior-bairns-coaching-day-3/

A lady called Sarah Scott in particular has put in a lot of time and effort into the junior bairns and I hope that she gets some sort of recognition  soon of which she deserves.

57 minutes ago, Latapy is god said:

A lady called Sarah Scott in particular has put in a lot of time and effort into the junior bairns and I hope that she gets some sort of recognition  soon of which she deserves.

I would doubt if any of the Bairns fans on this forum are unaware of Sarah. Or the amazing job she's done for the club over the decades. She was deservedly recognised at the awards night last May. She's very much loved by our support and is considered a legend along with the likes of Jean Sneddon, Gordon McFarlane and Michael White. 

Recognition Night (17).jpg

43 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Dundee United say they have the best defence in the UK at the moment as they have only conceded 7 goals in 18 league games. We put 4 past them in 1 game. Some team!

And it probably should have been 5. All Callumn had to do was square it.

20 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

🆕🎙️EP:65 KEEM ‘EM COMING! 

🔵 Review the comfortable 5-0 win over Stirling Albion with Still Game legend & Bairns fan @grantisatwit 🍬
⚪️ @calvin_miller7 ⭐🙎🏼‍♂️
🔵 Goal, Game & Player of 2023 👏🏻
⚪️ Preview QOS (H) 👸🏼 &
🔵 All the latest FFC news discussed 🗞️

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.ukIMG_6979.thumb.jpeg.1975ae3e5dd6fd66d147bcae322b435b.jpeg

Cheers for the good feedback & views so far for this weeks episode 👏🏻

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Cheers for the good feedback & views so far for this weeks episode 👏🏻

It's been great to have the podcast, maybe even more so for folk like me who live abroad and don't get many chances to chat about the games. Appreciate it! (especially when we are winning!). 

20 minutes ago, tokyo bairn said:

It's been great to have the podcast, maybe even more so for folk like me who live abroad and don't get many chances to chat about the games. Appreciate it! (especially when we are winning!). 

Brilliant 👏🏻

5 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That's only in Ireland though is it not. Don't think thats being shown here. 

Ah probably right, forgot they were renamed over here.