The Falkirk FC Thread

54 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Surely Airdrie is reciprocated? I can't stand them and their fans. 

I live in Stirling, have done all my life, and it's true, any Albion I know absolutely hates falkirk. One said it was because he was jealous of the size of our club and fan base. I honestly don't care about them one way or another. Cute really. 

I was neither here nor there with Airdrie for a while and I know the rivalry was a lot bigger during our Brockville days. Given recent League 1 seasons though, true to say, their fans liked to nip so I’m heading down the road to reciprocate.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Clubs that I loathe 

Rainjurs & Sellik (obviously)

Airdrie ( fascist wanks)

Livingston (very,very dodgy)

Clubs that I dislike because of genuine sporting rivalry

Dunfermline

No thoughts either way on any other club including any of the local wee teams.

Would largely agree with this. I'd probably add Hibs to this list. Went right off them when Stubbs was in charge of them and kept bad mouthing us in that title race. Maybe any team managed by Hartley too. 

1 hour ago, Dave McInally said:

Feel the same for people who red dot things rather than debate a point. It’s supposed to be a discussion forum. Some members registered who don’t say a thing but red/green dot people.

It's not even that in the case of this.

Bigbrbairn can comment the most urbane, uncontroversial comment and immediately you know it will be downvoted. 

It keeps some folk happy, I suppose.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

It's not even that in the case of this.

Bigbrbairn can comment the most urbane, uncontroversial comment and immediately you know it will be downvoted. 

It keeps some folk happy, I suppose.

Just keep me away from those white dots.

AA46F485-7B76-49D6-9601-C58DAE2BB009.jpeg

My main hates/dislikes in Scottish football are Rangers/Celtic/Airdrie

I don’t like Stenny and Stirling but that’s more to do with how their fans feel towards us.

I’m also not a lover of Aberdeen, think it goes back to the last game of the season at Brockville when they had to beat us to stay in the Prem and duly did 2-0, their fans behaviour that day was utterly atrocious, they even done in the windows of the KC Kangaroo club, a kids play area 🙄

Quick one, if you’re NOT going to Meadowbank.

If anyone is at a loose end today, & wants some sporting action, this has had zero media coverage & isn’t even on BBC Scotland or Alba. (Only via internet)

89F8142A-B896-4FFA-9927-96C35166062C.jpeg

Edited by kiddy

4 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I see the vermin’s under soil heating has once again failed, a year on from when it magically “failed” against us, again during an injury crisis. Nasty bunch. 

Careful, the tinfoil on your hat is sharp.

I really fucking hate Celtic and Rangers. With a proper creamy passion. I really hate Dunfermline as well, but not quite as much. 

Airdrie, Livingston, Stirling, Morton and the local clubs are all very meh for me. I'd probably go for Airdrie next due to the unionist/nazi thing though tbf I reckon that's a really tiny percentage of their supporters. One of my work colleagues is an Airdrie fan and he's a good guy. Though I only started following football and Falkirk around 2002 so missed when the Airdrie rivalry was strongest and see Livingston as less of a franchise than many as they've been around since I can remember. At least these guys support their local team and I generally find my dislike comes because of the fans rather than the club itself. It really doesnt bother me that much if they don't like Falkirk - at the end of the day they're all diddy teams with very few fans and largely irrelevant to us long-term. 

I'd probably rather get one over on Hibs/Hearts/Aberdeen or the Dundee clubs as they are decent scalps for us. I'm all for certain games having that extra bit of spice but for me that comes more from having actual meaningful games during/at the end of the season rather than anything else and us not being a total basket case on the park. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Clubs that I loathe 

Rainjurs & Sellik (obviously)

Airdrie ( fascist wanks)

Livingston (very,very dodgy)

Clubs that I dislike because of genuine sporting rivalry

Dunfermline

No thoughts either way on any other club including any of the local wee teams.

Clubs I loath

Aberdeen: Whinging cheats 11

Rangers - Celtic: enough said

Hearts: East coast bigots

Morton: Dreich place, club, support

30 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

My main hates/dislikes in Scottish football are Rangers/Celtic/Airdrie

I don’t like Stenny and Stirling but that’s more to do with how their fans feel towards us.

I’m also not a lover of Aberdeen, think it goes back to the last game of the season at Brockville when they had to beat us to stay in the Prem and duly did 2-0, their fans behaviour that day was utterly atrocious, they even done in the windows of the KC Kangaroo club, a kids play area 🙄

Aberdeen fans are 95% c***s. 

17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I see the vermin’s under soil heating has once again failed, a year on from when it magically “failed” against us, again during an injury crisis. Nasty bunch. 

It’s flooded, not frozen. 

Don`t really have a hatred for any clubs (outside the old firm).

Although I`ll maybe make an exception for St Mirren, whose chairman threatened to go to court to stop us getting promoted to the Premier League if we won the vote to groundshare with Airdrie for a season. I`ll pin that one on their board rather than the fans though.

I believe Dunfermline, Aberdeen and possibly the two Dundee teams voted for us?

I'm with 60's Bairn, I don't really dislike any club in Scotland out with the Old Firm.

They are the elephant in the room and completely ruin Scottish Football (even taking their horrible fans out of it). It's like a dictatorship, for over 40 years now no other club has been the best club in the country. Rules have been tweaked to favour them. Compare that to England where the likes of even Blackburn and Leicester have won it, in addition to the likes of Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and so on. It's competitive, even with the finances argument.

It just means that for all other Scottish clubs you are essentially playing for scraps pretty much for ever. It needs changed, not sure how that is achieved though. I'm not sure we will ever see the likes of Jim Mcleans Dundee United again, or Alex Fergusons Aberdeen. There is a generation, or two generations of Falkirk fans who have never seen anything other than an old firm champion, even when Rangers had their 5 year foray in the wilderness, Celtic just picked up the slack and hoovered up all the championships while they were absent.

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

I'm with 60's Bairn, I don't really dislike any club in Scotland out with the Old Firm.

They are the elephant in the room and completely ruin Scottish Football (even taking their horrible fans out of it). It's like a dictatorship, for over 40 years now no other club has been the best club in the country. Rules have been tweaked to favour them. Compare that to England where the likes of even Blackburn and Leicester have won it, in addition to the likes of Man City, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and so on. It's competitive, even with the finances argument.

It just means that for all other Scottish clubs you are essentially playing for scraps pretty much for ever. It needs changed, not sure how that is achieved though. I'm not sure we will ever see the likes of Jim Mcleans Dundee United again, or Alex Fergusons Aberdeen. There is a generation, or two generations of Falkirk fans who have never seen anything other than an old firm champion, even when Rangers had their 5 year foray in the wilderness, Celtic just picked up the slack and hoovered up all the championships while they were absent.

There is a case that Scottish Football would get better if the bigot brothers buggered off.

Deplore the OF, obviously, because they’re a cancer on the game. And their B Teams. Used to hate Hearts because their fans are a nasty bunch, but softened since they helped us with FSS. Currently down on Cove because of Hartley, but otherwise they don’t register. 

No ill will towards local clubs for similar reasons as others, though a residual tendency to be patronising towards them just to maintain a bit of pep. I used to have a niggle about Stenny, but can’t remember why. Something to do with our homeless season.  Binos don’t register but wish they did - a strong Albion would be fun.  And just feel sorry for the Shire because they were shafted - The B-U’s, Rose and even Camelon are probably bigger clubs now.

No feeling wither way towards Morton. We nicked their manager and it blew up on our faces, so the ire is theirs alone. Other than the DA rivalry (different from genuine ill will) I have a thing about Killie because of cup final, play off, and Holt; Raith because of the other season and general shades of Pars, and Livi because of their fakery.  I have a pal who’s an Airdrie fan so don’t mind them, and recall the Broomfield visits fondly.  Special mention for serial financial dopers Dundee too. Used to have angst towards St Mirren because of all the stadium chicanery, but that was decades ago and now frankly admire them. 

That was quite cathartic!

2370D102-03FB-4970-B762-5F6C5B958249.jpeg

Edited by StuartA

29 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

They are the elephant in the room and completely ruin Scottish Football (even taking their horrible fans out of it). It's like a dictatorship, for over 40 years now no other club has been the best club in the country. Rules have been tweaked to favour them. Compare that to England where the likes of even Blackburn and

Neither of the Arse Cheeks can ever lay claim to being "the best club in the country" in my opinion. The are the biggest, for sure, but never in a month of Sundays are they the best. Horrible, horrible clubs with horrible, horrible supporters. F*ck 'em.

Edit: maybe we should all hate Aberdeen. When Sevco were in League 2 they had a chance to end the Bigot Brother's stranglehold on voting in Scottish football and they backed Sellick. b*****ds.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

I know some will read into this, but the only team I really can’t stand is Rangers.  There’s others I don’t like - Celtic, Dunfermline, Morton, Livingston, Killie - but nothing on a par with the revulsion I feel on seeing that strip.

Football has long been an arena where you can get away with saying things that would be unacceaptable in public life elsewhere.  I heard some humdingers of comments on Saturday near me that were shouted down by others.  That midset is dying slowly.  Yes some sections of fans of some teams behave badly but I don't tar all their supporters with that brush.  I was born near Falkirk so I grew up a Falkirk supporter.  If I grew up in Dunfermline I would be a Dunfermline supporter.  If I grew up in Greenock, Aberdeen, Berwick, Alloa, etc, etc.  It's all pot luck.

Of course football's fuel is rivalry.  And that's fine  It's fun to set up a baddie and knock them down, but at the end of the day due to an accident of birth we could all be supporting a team we currently "hate".

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Other than those already mentioned, I really get wound up by Motherwell.  Far too long in the top flight, a horrible ground and a nothing town.  A club who are well overdue some financially crippling seasons in the championship.  

Like both Shire and Stenny but particularly The Shire.  Would love them to get back into the leagues but with the set up there and no ground or assets I fear its never going to happen.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn