The Falkirk FC Thread

Get that in the sea. Why the f**k would any of our players want to join Hamilton. I'll rephrase that why the f**k would any of our better players want to join Hamilton. A team with not a lot of fanbase and who currently are trying to hang onto our coat tails with a manager they all want binned cos he's pish. They can have Lawal, McKay and Allan. There that's that sorted. 

5 minutes ago, BPM Again said:

... If it was me running it I would wait and get highlights out much later and rely on the full match replay at midnight ...

Recently we've seen from other clubs just the goals from their match and then the match highlights later.

Either way it's resources and time.

4 minutes ago, Kempes said:

I seem to remember Livi did this to Raith many years ago, though they bought their three best players at the time.

They did it to us as well just before they went bust the first time for spending money they didn’t have, Crabbe, Hagen and Marino Keith the season before all apparently doubled they’re wages at that time to move. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

57 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Fucking hell. 

Imagine letting that utter shit go to press 🤣

It's a pathetic attempt by Hamilton to get into our minds and unnerve the players. Absolutely pathetic!

Mind you if the rumour I've heard about us going for Scott Martin to replace Stephen McGinn next season is true, I'll be well chuffed!

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

It's a pathetic attempt by Hamilton to get into our minds and unnerve the players. Absolutely pathetic!

Mind you if the rumour I've heard about us going for Scott Martin to replace Stephen McGinn next season is true, I'll be well chuffed!

Exactly that, so transparent and shitty that McGlynn should use it to fire the players up. 

Just now, ShaggerG said:

Throw them a bone swap Agyeman for him just now and throw in a bonus McKay plus cash to us for having the rid neck to even put that story out.

7 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Exactly that, so transparent and shitty that McGlynn should use it to fire the players up. 

Agreed. 

Beat these clowns, leave them in League 1 and see how the offers from real football clubs come in. 

That and thinking so little of the 3 individuals that they would be unsettled and thrown off their trade by some social media style, contrived "fishing" trip

Surely the recent game between the sides tells you everything you need to know. A packed away stand making a fantastic atmosphere or an empty home stand with a few utter nuggets trying to make a noise in one corner.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Agreed. 

Beat these clowns, leave them in League 1 and see how the offers from real football clubs come in. 

That and thinking so little of the 3 individuals that they would be unsettled and thrown off their trade by some social media style, contrived "fishing" trip

That’s it. As comms black ops goes, it’s Comical Ali level poor. Wait til we have a minor wobble on the pitch then try to throw us off it. The only effect will be to galvanise the team.

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Agreed. 

Pretty certain the 3 players mentioned will be having a right good laugh along with the rest of the squad tomorrow when they read this. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

It does seem like our new owner does have a bit of money to spend. However I highly doubt that this will happen and I do agree that it comes across as a bit desperate.

Yes, this clown of a Director of Football must surely be a complete embarrassment to all Hamilton fans.

It just shows what utter contempt he holds your support in that he believes fans would swallow such garbage.

Mortifying for you.

I feel sorry for the Accies fans it's a blatant excuse from their board to get all the fans onside believing they are all that and a bag of chips. If we hadn't dropped two points at Edinburgh this story doesn't happen. I'm not entirely sure why they are even contemplating giving Rankin any money to spend given that the general consensus is they don't want him there.  Might be better paying him off first. 

25 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Yes, this clown of a Director of Football must surely be a complete embarrassment to all Hamilton fans.

It just shows what utter contempt he holds your support in that he believes fans would swallow such garbage.

Mortifying for you.

Yeah I do agree with you here. Like I said I really do like the current owner of the club. However like you said the DOF is a bit of a clown and does come out with a load of shite far too often. In the summer when Connor Smith didn't sign he came out and said that "his agent was being disrespectful" and now we've probably got no chance of ever signing him. If he hadn't of done that we probably would have had a good chance of getting him this window.

6 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Yeah I do agree with you here. Like I said I really do like the current owner of the club. However like you said the DOF is a bit of a clown and does come out with a load of shite far too often. In the summer when Connor Smith didn't sign he came out and said that "his agent was being disrespectful" and now we've probably got no chance of ever signing him. If he hadn't of done that we probably would have had a good chance of getting him this window.

He was a decent player him tbh very impressive when you played Airdrie in the playoff final.