The Falkirk FC Thread

If Calvin hadn’t had those two months out injured he’d easily be top of that chart, what an excellent signing the guy has been. Although Morrison tends to get more of the headlines I’d say it’s Calvin Millar who’s probably been our best performer this season. 

IMG_1299.png

Edited by LatapyBairn.

11 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Okay, seeing you're asking for proof, let's see yours. Show me the proof that the last roof repairs were paid for by the club with no contribution by the council. 

Claims are not facts until they're substantiated by evidence. My evidence is director comments on podcasts which are a matter of public record. I could add multiple personal conversations with directors and staff, but as I can't prove they took place they don't count. Just as any "I heard that" counter claims from you don't count  either. 

Evidence please HSW. 

Playing devils advocate for a moment and looking at it from the opposite side, your claim might be accurate. Possibly Falkirk could  have sponsors who have the skills, equipment and knowledge to repair a roof quickly at a low price in order to get a game on. Say we paid £1000 to a sponsor to cover costs in order to get a game on which brought in £40,000 revenue. That's a no-brainer and were I in a CEO position I would make the decision in a second and worry about getting the council to contribute afterwards. (numbers plucked out of thin air BTW, but they illustrate the point). 

If that ever did happen, I'd applaud the club for making a wise decision. Rather than using it to make digs at the council. And until you provide evidence none of us know if my speculation ever happened. Over to you HSW. 

The club stated it had to pay for roof repairs due to last winters storms, there was no mention the Council contributed and there was no statement made by the council that they had.

Not going into the stadium issue. My post related to a post regarding space in the main stand and who owns it. Commented that the club repaired the roof above it.

Some folk don't have get themselves wound up defending the stadium situation the club is saddled with.

Get a grip and put things in perspective.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Would be much more satisfied with contract extensions being announced this window than new signings in all honesty.

... although I expect at least one outgoing before the deadline. 

Can't see any movement before the SC 4th round ties are played.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The club stated it had to pay for roof repairs due to last winters storms, there was no mention the Council contributed and there was no statement made by the council that they had.

Not going into the stadium issue. My post related to a post regarding space in the main stand and who owns it. Commented that the club repaired the roof above it.

Some folk don't have get themselves wound up defending the stadium situation the club is saddled with.

Think you maybe need to take your own advice here. (I’m also pretty certain the council paid they’re percentage toward the roof repairs you mention as I know 100% was the case with the repair work done last year on a leak coming from the seat area in the main stand into a council owned section below) 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

21 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

... although I expect at least one outgoing before the deadline. 

Can't see any movement before the SC 4th round ties are played.

The only movement we can hope for is Allan and McKay being sent on loan somewhere

Lowland league might be good here Bo’ness need a striker

3 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

The only movement we can hope for is Allan and McKay being sent on loan somewhere

Lowland league might be good here Bo’ness need a striker

Lawal can go as well, 3 players I can’t see being used much between now and end of season. If somebody can pay part or all of those salary costs let them go. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

38 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If the club stated this then there will be a record of it. On a website article, a social media post or a feature in the match programme. Perhaps a quote from a club spokesman in the papers. 

Don't tell me there is evidence. Just show me it. 

29 minutes ago, Springfield said:

A good friend that stays nearby reckons the chances of this being on is slim at best. 

I'm not that far from Bonnyrigg myself, and it is a pretty chilly place at the best of times. I would also be very surprised if the game was on.

Not meant to drop below freezing from 10am tomorrow til ko and no rain in sight, and a balmy 7 degrees Saturday afternoon. Knicker wetters the lot of ye. 

Do we have the whole of the side behind the dugouts or just up to halfway line? Don’t think it was clear from the graphic 

48 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Not meant to drop below freezing from 10am tomorrow til ko and no rain in sight, and a balmy 7 degrees Saturday afternoon. Knicker wetters the lot of ye. 

Do we have the whole of the side behind the dugouts or just up to halfway line? Don’t think it was clear from the graphic 

Just up to the 1/2 way line. Fans can also stand either side of the “stand” behind the goals but don’t know if that will block the view of those sitting. 

On the game, forecast looks ok to be honest after today? 

1 hour ago, BPM Again said:

I am meant to be coming up on the train. Hopefully it thaws in time. Not prebooking the train - just in case 🤞

As I said earlier this week the weather app is predicting rain and between 2 and 7 degrees and Bonnyrigg is 3 miles away. That said my toilets and showers are all frozen this morning and I am a smelly chap sans shower. 

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I think you are correct. If I remember correctly, it was the KM Stand though so thats why the council wouldn’t have to pay anything. 

There’s a good reason I remember it as Phil Rawlins tried to spin a mistruth about the CI. 

Edited by Dave McInally

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Lawal can go as well, 3 players I can’t see being used much between now and end of season. If somebody can pay part or all of those salary costs let them go. 

All they changes on Saturday and Maciver out the squad and he still didn’t make the match day squad so fair to say he’s down the pecking order now.