The Falkirk FC Thread

I think it'll have softened up but not so sure it won't still be like concrete underneath. Might be patches that are ok but others still solid. If the ref thinks it's a risk for player safety it'll be off.  

50 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

Been pissing down all night and it’s currently 5degrees. My toilets have all defrosted ( and they are effectively outside given the lack of insulation in that part of the building). My guess is it will be on but it’s a guess. Very high winds expected though. 

🤞

on the train now so a day in edinburgh on the lash looks like a back up if it off

40 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I think it'll have softened up but not so sure it won't still be like concrete underneath. Might be patches that are ok but others still solid. If the ref thinks it's a risk for player safety it'll be off.  

I’d be surprised if it’s on. It has defo defrosted but my ground is like a brick underneath, albeit it’s sixty odd miles away.

Just now, Shabba said:

Given the forecast, a pitch inspection at 10 seems really early, the majority of fans won’t be travelling more than an hour to get there. 12pm inspection would’ve been fine

That’s what I found strange. Why not give it a bit more time. 

With all due respect to those suggesting it won't be on - your grass isn't prepared weekly by groundsmen, protected as best it can be to the elements and probably contains a shed load bricks and debris just below the soil from when your house was built!

Bonnyriggs isn't a carpet by any means but it's ongoing maintenance and preparation gives it a chance, even in the conditions we've experienced the last few days.

Not long until I'm proved wrong 🫥

28 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

With all due respect to those suggesting it won't be on - your grass isn't prepared weekly by groundsmen, protected as best it can be to the elements and probably contains a shed load bricks and debris just below the soil from when your house was built!

Bonnyriggs isn't a carpet by any means but it's ongoing maintenance and preparation gives it a chance, even in the conditions we've experienced the last few days.

Not long until I'm proved correct 😆

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Canny make up my mind whether that's good or bad for us?

I'd say it's a good thing. Means they can't have the incentive of going top of the league when they come to TFS, unless we screw up in the meantime that is.

10 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

I'd say it's a good thing. Means they can't have the incentive of going top of the league when they come to TFS, unless we screw up in the meantime that is.

Very good point, very well made!

15 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Also means that they are more likely to play it midweek and therefore have less advantage resting players. Only disadvantage is that a mid week tie vs a part time team should be more winnable as most of their players will have been working all day. 

17 minutes ago, Dave McInally said:

Also means that they are more likely to play it midweek and therefore have less advantage resting players. Only disadvantage is that a mid week tie vs a part time team should be more winnable as most of their players will have been working all day. 

Ah, that's a good point. Hopefully it's played after they've lost at TFS.