The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I can't really remember the type of Tait is. Box to box or neat and tidy? 

I'm sure he played as the 8 or 10 in McGlynn's Raith teams with Spencer playing as the 6. Tidy little technical player who isn't afraid to get stuck in too.

Excellent squad depth this season, the Tait signing further strengthens that.

Lawal & Allan missing from that too and I believe we still have one loan available.

IMG_8375.jpeg

Edited by FFC 1876

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Excellent squad depth this season, the Tait signing further strengthens that.

Lawal and Allan missing from that too.

IMG_8375.jpeg

Shown like that it's actually cover for Donaldson where we're weakest as there isn't a natural right-sided CB as cover.

Henderson/Mackie could cover both McCann or Lang.

4 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Lots of things have gone wrong before. In fact, pretty much everything.

His positive influence behind the scenes has been well documented and he would be an option, should McGlynn lose the dressing room.

We've lost 1 game in 27, clear at the top of the league and you think McGlynn’s going to lose the dressing room? 

Go ring your pants out

On 20/01/2024 at 17:25, Shodwall cat said:

It's been a good while mind you since we lost a Scottish cup tie to a lower league side. Stenny in 2018 I reckon was the last one and then before that was stenny again under Lambie.  It happens now and again just our record against lower league opposition is very good over the years. Unfortunately it wasn't to be this season.

I’m sure we lost 3-0 at home to St Johnstone in the cup under Yogi with Martin Hardie and Kevin James both scoring. If I remember rightly, we were in the SPL at that point and St Johnstone were the league below. 

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Shown like that it's actually cover for Donaldson where we're weakest as there isn't a natural right-sided CB as cover.

Henderson/Mackie could cover both McCann or Lang.

Lang would just move over as he's right sided but if there's money there our last loan should probably be used on a centre back.

Jack Milne from Aberdeen would do.

Be difficult getting a player in this window for centre half cover. Unlikely to start and it’s not a position you usually bring a sub on for. 

Reckon we landed on our feet with Shanley from that point of view as he’ll be happy to come in as cover and try and work his way in, considering his situation at his previous club.

That said if we can find good cover at centre half I’d be all for it.

Suspect we won’t get a keeper in either. I’ve loved McGlynns recruitment this year but he’s signed 4 keepers since he joined, which haven’t been as successful as his outfield recruits.

39 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

I’m sure we lost 3-0 at home to St Johnstone in the cup under Yogi with Martin Hardie and Kevin James both scoring. If I remember rightly, we were in the SPL at that point and St Johnstone were the league below. 

Aye, we neglected to mark Kevin James (twice?) as he was a real secret weapon for them. 😑

Sure Peter MacDonald destroyed our defence that day.

4 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Aye, we neglected to mark Kevin James (twice?) as he was a real secret weapon for them. 😑

Our first 2 goals were near identical, I think, barring one went straight in and one got deflected in.

I think that team we had were a top flight level side tbh, so you shouldn't count them as a loss to a lower league side. We were picking 2 strikers to play in games from Peter MacDonald, Steven Milne, Jason Scotland, and Andy Jackson. Stephen Dobbie couldn't get near the first team. Then you had Martin Hardie skelping double figures in too.

2 hours ago, JS_FFC said:

St Johnstone had a couple of cup shocks around that time. Sure they beat Rangers 2-0 at Ibrox the same season?

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

"Ken that 6ft7 defender they've got? Anybody fancy marking him? Nah? Okay then."

Always amazes me when folk the size of him or Per Mertesacker are left unmarked. How???

11 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

God knows what Falkirk are thinking here I was delighted to see him leave personally. He's a bang average player with an awful attitude every time he got subbed off he threw a meltdown. Surely he will be more of a backup? 

I can see us helping Tait thrive under McGlynn’s management. Hoping it’s a repeat of the Calvin Miller scenario where Morton fans weren’t too fussed about him leaving and he’s been outstanding since he arrived.

This is a little bit out of the (navy) blue here - Decided to stick on a documentary about Leigh Griffiths on YouTube. Some will argue that he achieved a lot, and he did, but I'd argue he squandered his talent majorly and could have achieved so much more. If his career had turned out even close to the way it really should have, he would have been nowhere near a Falkirk shirt. I still can't quite believe just how quickly he went from scoring twice vs England to struggling to score in league one. 5 short years. The guy who broke every Bairn's heart in that semi-final wasn't the same guy we got. Imagine if we'd gotten him at even 50% of his peak (I'd possibly even suggest he never actually reached his true peak!). He would have strolled it. What a shame.

PS - he scored 41 goals in 2016. 41.

Edited by Raybowski89