The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Do you think so? All it's done is create more feck ups as far as I can see us included unfortunately.

100% was far too easy for teams to force a long ball before that rule change. 

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The point is people contribute to the club in different ways based on their preferences and ability to do so. It is not as simple as saying FSS members are “stepping up” more than non-FSS members.

A non-FSS member who is an ST holder, buys a programme/50-50 tickets, merchandise, drinks at the South Stand bar and hospitality once or twice a season could easily be putting more into the club than a lot of FSS members.

To me it is ludicrous to suggest they are stepping up less than someone giving a tenner a month to the FSS simply because they are doing so via different mechanisms. 

We can play with the maths till the cows come home, but it’s brutal to criticise fans that not contributing to the FSS. I have many very close Falkirk friends who are die hard fans who each season spend fortunes on STs, new tops, training gear, 50/50 hospitality etc. Why do they not contribute to the FSS ? Their general consensus is that why should they contribute even more cash than they already give to the club, and why don’t we have a BOD capable of attracting investment, wether from the existing people or others prepared to invest. 

Bottom line for me is I contribute more through the FSS because I’m at an age now my family are grown up and I’ve got a bit more spare money. I went through a period when I was just married and had my family and I struggled to afford to pay to go to games and pay household bills. A lot of folk are suffering in the financial climate and do what they can afford to. They are no less a Falkirk supporter than me or anyone else who pumps money in because they have it.

31 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We can play with the maths till the cows come home, but it’s brutal to criticise fans that not contributing to the FSS. I have many very close Falkirk friends who are die hard fans who each season spend fortunes on STs, new tops, training gear, 50/50 hospitality etc. Why do they not contribute to the FSS ? Their general consensus is that why should they contribute even more cash than they already give to the club, and why don’t we have a BOD capable of attracting investment, wether from the existing people or others prepared to invest. 

You realise the current board have actually attracted record numbers of investment both last season and this? The pretty lofty commercial targets set have all been exceeded. 

13 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

You realise the current board have actually attracted record numbers of investment both last season and this? The pretty lofty commercial targets set have all been exceeded. 

With respect are we anywhere near the making up the -£400K ?

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

100% was far too easy for teams to force a long ball before that rule change. 

I never sat watching football before  thinking see what would make a huge difference is if you give these centrehalfs that aren't really that great on the ball the ability to go into the box and take the ball off the goalkeeper then piss about playing it across the back instead  of  simply just getting a pass at the edge of the box if they want. All it does for me is cause problems at the back and we've seen it on a number of occasions ourselves this season. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

20 minutes ago, Springfield said:

With respect are we anywhere near the making up the -£400K ?

Yes, of course we must be! Between FSS contributions and increased commercial income it’s most likely been halved or more in this year I’d say, we’ll see when accounts are published. FSS contributions alone will be contributing well over 100k and membership numbers seem to be steadily increasing as well, are you not happy at how things are being ran? Off the field as far as the club accounts go shows income has been growing healthily, it’s all there on record if you bother to check and i’m guessing when accounts for this year are published that trend will have continued if the reports are accurate regarding pretty ambitious income targets being already exceeded from merchandise , hospitality and sponsorship ect in this year.  We could of course just stop trying to grow revenue streams and cut the playing budget if that’s what you’d prefer? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Just because you call your opinion a fact does not make it so. You thinking people are not stepping up is not a fact and you feeling its unfair is not a fact. 

Personally I think FSS have done a great job in their growth and have already filled a massive part of that funding gap. I would absolutely trust them to continue on that growth trajectory as their communications have been great so far and have led to just under 900 fans joining with this growing almost every month from what I can see. I don't see why you seem to think that will halt or won't continue.  

What I think doesn't encourage people signing up is comments like yours. 

You keep bringing up that in other businesses you get more if you pay more. Clearly you're unhappy with what you're getting for your money with FSS otherwise I'm not sure what the purpose of even making the statement is. I'm happy to put my money in for the vote but if you're not maybe you should come up with some ideas rather than just complaining people aren't doing enough. 

The FACT I have been quoting and backed up by @Disco Duck is that the FSS members are putting in more in general than non members. I have conceded not all but a good chunk of them are. 

I think the FSS have done a grand job. 900ish is a good number but as I keep saying it is not enough to fill the hole.

Really not sure where you get the notion I am unhappy with my FSS lot. Maybe FSS members getting more for their money may encourage more to join? Maybe others who haven’t joined want something in return if they are parting with a minimum of £120 per year? What I am disappointed with is the amount of fans who could join but haven’t. I don’t see anything wrong with expressing that view. 

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The point is people contribute to the club in different ways based on their preferences and ability to do so. It is not as simple as saying FSS members are “stepping up” more than non-FSS members.

A non-FSS member who is an ST holder, buys a programme/50-50 tickets, merchandise, drinks at the South Stand bar and hospitality once or twice a season could easily be putting more into the club than a lot of FSS members.

To me it is ludicrous to suggest they are stepping up less than someone giving a tenner a month to the FSS simply because they are doing so via different mechanisms. 

An FSS member who does all of the above is putting in a minimum of £120 more than the non member. So the non members are contributing less. Granted not all FSS members with do all of what you list but those who do are putting in more. 

Edited by BPM

22 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Most likely? 

Well accounts for the current year obviously haven’t been published yet so how could I or anybody claim it as fact unless they are actually on the BOD or mid term numbers had been leaked!? You brought the subject of investment up so I stupidly presumed you’d actually have paid some attention to what’s been going on behind the scenes!  FFS, you don’t have to be brains of Britain to calculate the numbers the FSS are now contributing each month, add into that increased gates, a 10% hike in season ticket and PATG prices, sold out hospitality, increased sponsorship moneys, increased merchandise and strip sales, the club actually telling us they’ve exceeded a number of revenue targets for the year already ect ect! Unless they are making all that shit up it quite obviously is going to contribute to an increase in the clubs overall revenue! Last years published accounts also showed increases in these revenue streams , that is there in black and white so yes! It’s is indeed most likely we’ll see that trend continue when this years accounts are published! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

38 minutes ago, BPM said:

The FACT I have been quoting and backed up by @Disco Duck is that the FSS members are putting in more in general than non members. I have conceded not all but a good chunk of them are. 

But no one is disputing that. The issue is with you suggesting they are superior to those who don't contribute to FSS. But I can see you will just continuously and deliberately try to deflect from the actual point. So one last time - the issue is that you undervalue and disrespect the contribution of non members. It would be great if they joined but that's dependent on if they can or want to. It does not make them a lesser fan. If you don't see what is wrong with having that opinion then I can't help you.

I won't reply any more as we are going round in circles but have a nice night. 

Edited by Jimmy1876

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Well accounts for the current year obviously haven’t been published yet so how would anybody know unless they are actually on the BOD! FFS, you don’t have to be brains of Britain to calculate the numbers the FSS are contributing each month, add into that increased attended, sold out hospitality, increased sponsorship moneys, increased merchandise and strip sales ect ect! Unless they are making all that shit up it quite obviously is going to contribute to an increase in the clubs revenue! Last years published accounts also showed increases in these revenue streams , that is there in black and white so yes! It’s is indeed most likely we’ll see that trend continue when this years accounts are published! 

As said there’s no doubt the revenue streams will be increased, like all supporters, worried that without the guaranteed top spot, where we will be financially?

Just now, Jimmy1876 said:

But no one is disputing that. The issue is with you suggesting they are superior to those who don't contribute to FSS. But I can see you will just continuously and deliberately try to deflect from the actual point. So one last time - the issue is that you undervalue and disrespect the contribution of non members. It would be great if they joined but that's dependent on if they can or want to. It does not make them a lesser fan. If you don't see what is wrong with having that opinion then I can't.

I won't reply any more as we are going round in circles but have a nice night. 

If you stop accusing me of something I have not said I would leave it too. Where did I suggest that FSS members were superior? 
I am deflecting nothing. I have said the following. 

1. in most types of business you pay more you get better (that even happens now at Falkirk)

2. I am disappointed more fans have not joined as we have a financial hole that has historically never been tackled till the new Board came in and the FSS was reformed. That needs more fans to make it work. 

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

As said there’s no doubt the revenue streams will be increased, like all supporters, worried that without the guaranteed top spot, where we will be financially?

We’ll be completely stable but will have to cut our cloth accordingly like every other club has to should we be in league one again. The playing budget will reflect this, that’s life. We can’t keep paying championship wages indefinitely while spending a 6th year in league one. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We’ll be completely stable but will have to cut our cloth accordingly like every other club has to should we be in league one again. The playing budget will reflect this, that’s life. We can’t keep paying championship wages indefinitely while spending a 6th year in league one. 

Thats life ? So we just accept another year in the third tier of Scottish football and confirmation that we will revert to a part time or hybrid model.

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Thats life ? So we just accept another year in the third tier of Scottish football and confirmation that we will revert to a part time or hybrid model.

No, we accept we can only pay out what we bring in like 90% of clubs in the country regardless of what league we are in, as has always been the case,  it’s not difficult. Should we still be in this division I doubt it would actually be as severe as a part time scenario but the club needs to plan budgets for a worst case scenario as well as a best case. Do you think we are different from the rest somehow? Should we borrow money and put the club into debt? Should we rip up the fan ownership model and sell to a Mark Campbell type? Is there a billionaire sugar daddy prepared to buy us and bank roll the club indefinitely? I’d love to hear what it is you’re suggesting the club could do to increase revenue over and above what is already being done. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I reckon the club have attracted around £900k in a little over 2 years, through the patrons, FSS subscriptions, the fans bank and grants.

The previous board attracted £350k from the Rawlins who ran for the hills at the first sight of bumpy waters.

The boards before that attracted nothing for ten years but we did have the excitement of a performing seal acting as a front for a football agent who pranced around Falkirk for a few months only to be chased when the house of cards fell around his ears.

What's your angle, really, it makes no sense to me. 

Edited by AJ1981

5 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Naw, that’s life.

25 minutes ago, BPM said:

What I am disappointed with is the amount of fans who could join but haven’t. I don’t see anything wrong with expressing that view.

There’s nothing wrong with expressing that view, you’re not alone in being disappointed.

Let’s cut the bullsh*t. A very small minority of our support are likely to fall into the bracket of struggling financially to the extent that they are unable to justify an extra tenner a month. However far too many are latching onto that as a convenient excuse, and either can’t be arsed or simply don’t care enough. It’s £2.50 a week ffs! No one will convince me so many people are that hard up.