The Falkirk FC Thread

Hamilton are basically us when we came down. Kept faith with the manager that brought them down who is ultimately not good enough and isn’t getting the best out of his players. They are being run by an absolute clown, the fans are at loggerheads with the club and the stadium is getting more toxic by the week.

It’s time to put our foot to their throat on Saturday and if the result goes our way there’s a good chance the arse will fall out of their season just like it did with us.

Lets fucking go

Anyone mind when Clyde came to us in 2005 in a similar position to Hamilton? They needed to win, we needed to avoid defeat. Played out a boring 0-0 (this was the second half of 2004-2005 when we brought in Alan Kernaghan and reverted to flat back five hoofball) and Bryn Haliwell celebrated like he'd won the fucking world cup.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Anyone mind when Clyde came to us in 2005 in a similar position to Hamilton? They needed to win, we needed to avoid defeat. Played out a boring 0-0 (this was the second half of 2004-2005 when we brought in Alan Kernaghan and reverted to flat back five hoofball) and Bryn Haliwell celebrated like he'd won the fucking world cup.

Wasn't it a midweek game?

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Aye, I remember that and thinking that he had got a wee bit mixed up at the time.

11 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Yes! Sure there was a big points difference too, can anyone remember? 

18 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Wasn't it a midweek game?

Yes, a night game, I had just started covering games and thought going up on the camera gantry would be a good idea. The rain then turned to sleet in a strong wind and I came down from there with near hypothermia!! Never to be repeated.🥶

John O`Neil.jpg

27 minutes ago, Gaz said:

I could be misremembering but more generally, wasn't Halliwell a gigantic bell end at all times?

3 minutes ago, Baggio said:

There's a narrative among Hamilton fans that we are somehow being handed the league title.  Worth pointing out our PPG is the highest in the 4 Scottish leagues and our GD is the highest across the 8 main men's leagues in Scotland and England.  Only Celtic have scored more goals (1) in Scotland and they have played 3 more games.  

In short, we have been utterly relentless in the league this season and if we win the league title it's because we have have been bloody brilliant from day 1. 

Agreed with this 100%, they haven't gifted us the position we are in. We've absolutely earned it, this team would be top of this division by a big margin in any of the seasons we've been down here. 

12 minutes ago, Baggio said:

There's a narrative among Hamilton fans that we are somehow being handed the league title.  Worth pointing out our PPG is the highest in the 4 Scottish leagues and our GD is the highest across the 8 main men's leagues in Scotland and England.  Only Celtic have scored more goals (1) in Scotland and they have played 3 more games.  

In short, we have been utterly relentless in the league this season and if we win the league title it's because we have have been bloody brilliant from day 1. 

This and other teams using the "well should have done it 5 years ago as a full time team" comments to downgrade it. Or that the league this year is so much easier. All an effort to devalue the success but I don't for a second believe any of it. 

The league seems easier because we are a level above. I don't believe the teams that were here last season are weaker and I think there is maybe 1 less strong team. But we have still been exceptional. There are many full time teams that have been here for years, it's not as cut and dry as full time vs part time. But the fact we have been here as long as we have just makes it sweeter the way it's going so far. 

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Totally disagree tbh.

Dunfermline are an excellent example as they have a near identical support to ourselves. Their home crowds are up 500 this season coupled with an average of 500 extra away fans. Though they probably have benefited more than most from away fans with large supports from Raith and Dundee United both doing well. Even with the arse falling out of their season and a 5-0 loss in their previous game they still had 4.4k at EEP yesterday 

If we get promoted I'm sure we'll be averaging somewhere between 5-5.5k next season, and will be at the top end of that if we are decent on the park 

I’d also wager a modest increase in ST sales too if we get promoted, which the club usually include in their home attendance figures.

2 hours ago, Baggio said:

Anyone who wins a league title is down to what they have done throughout the season and no one else. If it was the case that we’ve potentially won it because of how poor they are, why is no one else challenging us? 

Big thanks to those who gave advice regarding the shirt. 2XL, a size up for me, was indeed ideal, although not a loose fit.

What was not ideal?

Twenty quid for international shipping, plus another 18 quid to let the shirt into the EU. Bought a Newcastle top, a Scotland T-shirt for the missus, a Scotland hoodie and paid nowhere near the exorbitant postal fees as I did with Greaves (and no customs fees)

Still, I have something new and blue for celebrating our promotion 😃😃😃