The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

That table does support that narrative btw. 8 games ago we were top.

Falkirk having a superb season and Hamilton chucking it away aren't mutually exclusive.

Sorry, what exactly is it you're suggesting Hamilton have "chucked away"? A league championship your squad are patently, blatantly nowhere close to being good enough to win. That's your definition of "chucking it away"?

Aye, no bother🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Congratulations to the team who filmed the game and put together the highlights. I watch them on a large PC screen and I have been noticing the poor picture quality and choppy framerate issues his season. The quality of the picture tonight was razor sharp and the framerate was perfect. Obiously there have been some hard work going on behind the scenes to acheive this. Bloody well done everyone involved, great work.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Congratulations to the team who put together the highlights.  I watch them on a large PC screen and I have been noticing the poor picture quality this season.  The quality of the picture tonight was razor sharp and the framerate was perfect.   Obiously there have been some hard work going on behind the scenes to acheive this.  Bloody well done everyone involved.

Yeah, thought that myself that the highlights were of high quality. I can't help but wonder however (and apologies if this has been discussed before - I'm sure it has) is there any possibility of the club TV cameras using the broadcast scaffolding to record the footage? We had a fantastic support today, even in the main stand, but the camera unfortunately doesn't show any of it. 

2 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Falkirk having a superb season and Hamilton chucking it away aren't mutually exclusive.

Sit doon and shut up.

You have “chucked away” f**k all, you have been pumped raw by a far better team.

55 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

Yeah, thought that myself that the highlights were of high quality. I can't help but wonder however (and apologies if this has been discussed before - I'm sure it has) is there any possibility of the club TV cameras using the broadcast scaffolding to record the footage? We had a fantastic support today, even in the main stand, but the camera unfortunately doesn't show any of it. 

59 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Congratulations to the team who filmed the game and put together the highlights. I watch them on a large PC screen and I have been noticing the poor picture quality and choppy framerate issues his season. The quality of the picture tonight was razor sharp and the framerate was perfect. Obiously there have been some hard work going on behind the scenes to acheive this. Bloody well done everyone involved, great work.

You are getting the recording straight off the camera rather than the stream that’s the difference 

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Yeah was just going to say that myself. The introduction off the new graphics as well are a nice touch so well done to the guys.

Looking much better today than they have for the last couple of months. 

Fantastic show/game/result and for thirty five minutes we were untouchable. Power pace commitment that simply blew Hamilton away. Sat nearly in line with the call for offside, thought their player was just on. Hamilton had a bit more resilience about them second period and gave them a weak second goal that gave them some hope, but didn’t at any stage think we’d lose the game. Some quite embarrassing officiating and some brutal challenges that were straight reds little alone yellows. Thought we were fantastic and thoroughly deserved the three points. (Slight negative - Hogarth needs to own the box more stands frozen far too often and needs to practice his out balls) Unbelievable chance to go 14 points clear which would put a hellava distance at the top. Brilliant atmosphere in town before and after and sure most of towns publicans will be waking up with smiles today.

Putting aside the one game at a time message for a minute and looking at some stats...

Hamilton have averaged 2 points per game in the first 2/3 of the season (48 points from 24 games). If they continue with the same performance level they will finish on 72 points. We are currently on 59 points so would require only 13 points from our remaining 39 points to win the league IF they continued in the same vein of form.

If Falkirk continue on the same points per game average (2.56) between now and the end of the season we would finish on 92 points. Even if Hamilton won every game between now and the end of the season they can't get near that total. Their max possible total is 84 points.

This is by no way a done deal, but the statistics would need to swing wildly for Hamilton to catch us.

Looking at the up and coming fixtures, in March we have 6 games, and 4 of them are away from home. 3 against sides we have already dropped points against this season and the other we narrowly won by a single goal (Stirling) - so the last set of fixtures like this we dropped 6 points (Cove, QoS, Montrose). Of course Hamilton are unlikely to win every game in March but we still need to be clinical, which thankfully McGlynn was at pains to labour on his post match interview last night.

I didn't see much in Hamilton yesterday to worry me, other than the striker Rose who could potentially win them some matches. The only other thing I can see changing their form significantly is a change of manager and I don't see that happening while they are comfortably 2nd.

All looking really positive, just need to keep the momentum going which I think these guys will.

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

7 hours ago, Raybowski89 said:

Is the scaffolding ours or does it belong to the broadcast company? I get what you're saying about using it but the guys are volunteers and it's pretty exposed to the elements over that side

On reflection probably a more comfortable win than it felt at the time, Accies didn’t have too many chances.

With a bit of more clinical finishing (I’m looking at you Brad Spencer) and a referee that knows the laws of the game (two handed push on the edge of the box is allowed these days, apparently), we would have been out of sight.

46 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Putting aside the one game at a time message for a minute and looking at some stats...

Hamilton have averaged 2 points per game in the first 2/3 of the season (48 points from 24 games). If they continue with the same performance level they will finish on 72 points. We are currently on 59 points so would require only 13 points from our remaining 39 points to win the league IF they continued in the same vein of form.

If Falkirk continue on the same points per game average (2.56) between now and the end of the season we would finish on 92 points. Even if Hamilton won every game between now and the end of the season they can't get near that total. Their max possible total is 84 points.

This is by no way a done deal, but the statistics would need to swing wildly for Hamilton to catch us.

Looking at the up and coming fixtures, in March we have 6 games, and 4 of them are away from home. 3 against sides we have already dropped points against this season and the other we narrowly won by a single goal (Stirling) - so the last set of fixtures like this we dropped 6 points (Cove, QoS, Montrose). Of course Hamilton are unlikely to win every game in March but we still need to be clinical, which thankfully McGlynn was at pains to labour on his post match interview last night.

I didn't see much in Hamilton yesterday to worry me, other than the striker Rose who could potentially win them some matches. The only other thing I can see changing their form significantly is a change of manager and I don't see that happening while they are comfortably 2nd.

All looking really positive, just need to keep the momentum going which I think these guys will.

This sums it up for me. The reason I don’t think we’ll be caught is because even if we do have a bit of a slip up, for me this Hamilton side don’t look likely to go on a long winning run needed to trouble us.

46 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Is the scaffolding ours or does it belong to the broadcast company? I get what you're saying about using it but the guys are volunteers and it's pretty exposed to the elements over that side

It’ll belong to the broadcasting company but wouldn’t be too much of an ordeal to ask them permission to use it. Probably need to sign a waiver or something similar but wouldn’t imagine they’d be against it. Assuming it’s staying there until the cup final possibly?

4 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

This sums it up for me. The reason I don’t think we’ll be caught is because even if we do have a bit of a slip up, for me this Hamilton side don’t look likely to go on a long winning run needed to trouble us.

I agree, if anything their form has got worse in the second third of the season.

11 hours ago, Todd_is_God said:

Genuine question, is this when you were top having played one game more?

Most other seasons a points return like Hamilton have now would be more than enough. Hamiltons 48 points is the same as top of the Championship. There’s no chucking it, you’ve just come up against a better, more consistent team with a better manager. 

It sounds like you’re going through what we went through last season.

1 hour ago, BPM said:

Really chuffed for Ross McIver. I remember getting slaughtered by a good few when I said it was a good signing as I felt he was just about Alloa’s best player. He would have been well aware how sceptical our support was.  He has taken some real physical punishment this season, no more than yesterday, and has stood up to it superbly well. Yesterday was his best game in a Navy Blue jersey. Well done lad 

Yeah he's been brilliant. All the attributes to play the way McGlynn wants and a fantastic bit of scouting from him. 

We are now 1/20 on Bet365 to win the league. Win on Tuesday and that will be 1/25 or even shorter. The Bookies don’t get many things wrong and very rarely as spectacularly as this.   

Edited by BPM

Thought the Tifo was excellent yesterday and the atmosphere from start to finish was superb, South Stand was rocking and we could even hear singing breaking out from the Main Stand. 

There is such a great spirit around TFS now and it finally feels like our proper home. Players and management team have been brilliant and yet again I have to say a special mention to the Ultras who have transformed the full match day experience, I just wish I was 40 years younger.

Edited by Harry Kinnear