The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Someone shared this earlier on our discord chat. Brilliant from Ola 👏🏻

Love the Shhhh he gave at the start so he wasn’t found out 😂

5ACF6F9F-2FA2-485F-8418-F762ECC8B157.mov 3.59 MB · 4 downloads  

Brilliant to see. He loves the club and his teammates, give him an extension!

5 hours ago, StuartA said:

I don’t agree that there’s a major rebuild in the pipeline. Looks like we’ll have a full complement of outfield players plus a couple. JMcG will have time to consider where he needs more quality or depth and he’ll have an element of certainty over the budget (though that’s down to us too). I’d hope the majority of this squad get the chance to prove themselves in the Championship. Airdrie and DA squads have competed without many changes. 

I’d hope we fare better than Dunfermline have in the championship this year. 

1 hour ago, Watson Nimrod said:

At least when he was with you there was a mechanism whereby he could be sacked…. 

To be fair, the rat didn't stick around long enough to be sacked. He allowed Ray McKinnon that privilege. Speaks volumes of the guy's character that he's done this, abandoning clubs 3-4 games into a season after signing 10+ players, at multiple clubs. Hate the guy so much it's probably unhealthy 🤣

14 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

To be fair, the rat didn't stick around long enough to be sacked. He allowed Ray McKinnon that privilege. Speaks volumes of the guy's character that he's done this, abandoning clubs 3-4 games into a season after signing 10+ players, at multiple clubs. Hate the guy so much it's probably unhealthy 🤣

Signs loads of players from the shitey English leagues and the majority end up being awful. Has done it everywhere he goes and does not change his recruitment for some reason. Assuming it was the same when he was with you

3 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Hamilton game now on Alba

A 3pm kick off is a rarity this quarter!

I’d have been fuming if it was a 7:45 Friday night game like the champ, think it’s 5 out of 6 in a row that are now moved. But 5:30 Saturday is actually great fun 

29 minutes ago, Raybowski89 said:

He was sacked on Monday 27th August 2018 after a 3-0 loss to QOTS in which Queens had 27 shots on goal and we had 3, none of which were on target. 

32 minutes ago, covefan97 said:

Signs loads of players from the shitey English leagues and the majority end up being awful. Has done it everywhere he goes and does not change his recruitment for some reason. Assuming it was the same when he was with you

He genuinely signed a collection of players that must have been the worst full time football squad in all of time and space.

16 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

He was sacked on Monday 27th August 2018 after a 3-0 loss to QOTS in which Queens had 27 shots on goal and we had 3, none of which were on target. 

Indirectly you've just put the goalkeeper chat from the other week in perspective 😶‍🌫️

Give me a ropey Sam Long or Nicky Hogarth over a fraud like Leo Fasan any day of the week and twice on Sunday's. This game sticks out as a particular nadir for him and Hartley IIRC 😬

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Indirectly you've just put the goalkeeper chat from the other week in perspective 😶‍🌫️

Give me a ropey Sam Long or Nicky Hogarth over a fraud like Leo Fasan any day of the week and twice on Sunday's. This game sticks out as a particular nadir for him and Hartley IIRC 😬

I don't think he ever saved a shot. Best thing he ever did was get himself sent off at Cappielow so someone else could go in the sticks.

2 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Scott Harrison being completely outpaced by a mid 30’s Stephen Dobbie was proper if you don’t laugh you’ll cry material. Some banter tbf

There is a video on the go on youtube of Falkirk "skills and goals" from that season. It is absolutely fantastic viewing. PTSD for many of us though, especially me at the Connah's Quay game. Never had a heads gone like it in a' ma puff.

36 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Are HSW and Raybowski one and the same? 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Hope our last game v Alloa at TFS isn’t changed to 5.30pm for Alba but I could see it happening. A late kick off is going to severely disrupt my celebration/drinking time.

Yeah, 1730 is the danger zone. Too much time before the game to have too much, but also enough time afterwards to go too far. The Wet Jeans Zone. 

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Hope our last game v Alloa at TFS isn’t changed to 5.30pm for Alba but I could see it happening. A late kick off is going to severely disrupt my celebration/drinking time.

They play all the games on the last day on the same time so I doubt it. Makes for interesting watching for the last few years when the Championship have played on Friday night.

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Dont all games on the final day have to be the same time? Would mean moving all other games

7 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

They play all the games on the last day on the same time so I doubt it. Makes for interesting watching for the last few years when the Championship have played on Friday night.

Apologies, missed this

12 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

Awe that’s excellent cheers, I can rest easy in the security that I will have enough time post game to get in an awfy mess 😁