The Falkirk FC Thread

34 minutes ago, Cappiecat1.2 said:

That's what 1000 to 1 on means. As in, theyre the odds on favourites.

Ah, fair enough. I'm not a betting man. Never heard that term before.

Also, what's a Morton supporter doing in here? 

4 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

image.gif.0d832d616a04582d591811ec7383794d.gif

Trying to escape from shitty Greenock.

I worked there for 5 years. My work colleagues used to always ask me why I chose to commute instead of moving there. Didn't have the heart to tell them 🤣

16 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Are you guys being visited by a time traveler from 2006?  

His time would be better spent popping in to 2017 and issuing the club a stern warning re Mr P. Hartley. 

Or to Hampden in 2015 to tell David McCracken to "FUCKING NAIL UM THERE!!!!!!"

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:

Here was me bored out of my mind by the Foundation roaster and then this dropped.

What a club.

Are they someone with multiple personalities……..sorry multiple user names?

Wecould win a league for the first time in 20 years this weekend. Seems someone thinks other things are much more important to Falkirk Supporters. 

Edited by BPM

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

His time would be better spent popping in to 2017 and issuing the club a stern warning re Mr P. Hartley. 

Or tell the foundation they can keep feckin Craig Campbell for themselves.

2 hours ago, BPM said:

Would could win a league for the first time in 20 years this weekend. Seems someone thinks other things are much more important to Falkirk Supporters. 

We have absolutely footballed this division to death with the best stuff we've played since the stainrod/kryptonite Sammy season..I never used to believe there was such a thing as Falkirk supporters who wanted us to fail now I'm not so sure 

23 hours ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

That Academy died when it became a clique and when the Board in that era made another crap decision to scrap it. The Foundation is about many things which includes getting kids playing football, getting them off the streets and allowing them to make friends and have experiences they might never have. Clearly this upsets the Board. Clowns. 

You clearly don't understand the concerns of those who interact with the Foundation on a regular basis.

On 17/03/2024 at 12:00, SPLwankwankwank said:

Wow, so many 'experts' on the Foundation on here.  I jest of course.  I've never read so much pish in all my life.  Perhaps you've forgotten the mistakes the club made previously when they were scrambling around for cash?  Canavan quits top job with Bairns' charity (falkirkherald.co.uk)

You seem to have forgotten how they treated Sarah and the Junior Bairns for well over a decade too.

Perhaps start questioning why the Board would attack a charity that exists to essentially recruit the next generations of Bairns players and supporters.  Numerous Board members have made ridiculous errors in judgement in the last few years.  That's a statement not a question.

You're lashing out at the wrong people.  The failings are elsewhere, even if they are your mates.  It's a pity the FSS are so very quiet about this seeing as they're meant to be the voice of the fans on the Board. 🐑 Baaaa.

On 17/03/2024 at 12:35, SPLwankwankwank said:

I see you didn't actually bother to read my post. You also have no clue what the Foundation exists to achieve. How many have come through the Academy whose job it literally is by the way? 

On 17/03/2024 at 12:42, SPLwankwankwank said:

That Academy died when it became a clique and when the Board in that era made another crap decision to scrap it. The Foundation is about many things which includes getting kids playing football, getting them off the streets and allowing them to make friends and have experiences they might never have. Clearly this upsets the Board. Clowns. 

On 17/03/2024 at 12:54, SPLwankwankwank said:

Go and watch the Inchyra video. Gordon Wright and Jamie Swinney are literally sat there. They all agreed to come out swinging at their own fans that night and now they're swinging punches at a charity. How professional. They must make you feel proud. 

On 17/03/2024 at 13:03, SPLwankwankwank said:

But you're fine with them attacking a charity that has consistently preformed well not just this season? How very weird. 

Another one not actually reading about the work of the Foundation. Sigh. 

The Club has managed to create plenty of debacles of its own. There's much more to that team being shut down and you know it. 

That team folded for various reasons. Since then they created an U16 Pro-Performance team, an U18 team and two recreational ladies teams. It would've been nice for the FSS and Club to fanfare that eh? They didn't. Also, despite the Foundation existing for development purposes (giving everyone of any ability a chance) a number of players have gone on to the Academy. Again, I'll wait for that big announcement from the FSS and Club. 

It pales into insignificance compared to the many Club disasters. 

21 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

^^ Derek Allison ^^

20 hours ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Eh? 

20 hours ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

I totally agree. One organisation is happily going about its business. We know how the other conducts itself. Nobody likes a petulant bully. 

19 hours ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

One team folding? Grow up. 

18 hours ago, Rugster said:

Apart from one post in 2023 he hasn’t posted in 17 years. Very strange. One would almost suspect AGENDA!

17 hours ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

But it's fine to constantly whine about the Foundation? It happens in the women's leagues, men's leagues and all the way down to fun 5s. Get over it. 

17 hours ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Or just posting about something current? Remember Crush Calculator? 😉

16 hours ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Strange though eh? Piling into the Foundation pages ago is fine. Standing up for them is bad. Who has the agenda? It's not me. I simply pointed out the good work they do and how respective Club Boards, which included current members, haven't done so well. 

16 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

He's obviously got a link to the foundation one way or the other and is a bit put out by any criticism that comes it's way. He's trawled through this page for the first time in a while and discovered it after we've all moved on to discussing other things and so had to bring it all back up again. 

18 posts quoted, 15 of those from the same person who @Rugstersays hasn't posted in 17 years bar once in 2023 and @Shodwall catsays obviously has a link to the Foundation. I'm sure he has no agenda whatsoever by randomly reraising stuff from weeks ago 🤔

16 minutes ago, Anthony Fitzgerald said:

I hope everyone who didn’t want separate forums for board related (and much to my surprise, Foundation related chat) are happy. This is a bin fire.

yup, i stopped replying last night and will be ignoring their posts from now on, seriously weird at best and seriously worrying at worst, for the person posting. 

Edited by AJ1981
canny spell

🆕🎙️EP:78 JOHN MCGLYNN’S NUDE CALENDAR

🔵 Review the 4-1 win over QOS with guest pundit Gordon Profit
⚪️ More info & chat on the Patron investment options 💷
🔵 Falkirk Supporters Society End of Season party & all the latest FFC news discussed PLUS we…
⚪️ Preview Edinburgh City (H)…..🏆👀

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk
IMG_8274.thumb.jpeg.bd51135e5de5b3c6b1e86661d7de6d66.jpeg