The Falkirk FC Thread

We should absolutely be keeping Agyeman and Ross. The fact both can play anywhere behind the front 3 is a bonus as well so can slot in anywhere if Morriaon, Nesbitt or Miller picks up an injury. 

Both have been unlucky that the players ahead of them have been excellent all season and have had limited game time but really like the look of what I've seen. Both would walk into any other side in the league imo and can't wait to see them unleashed on some championship fullbacks next season after being terrorised by Miller & Morrison for an hour 

28 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

Morrison for POTY is like Messi getting the balloon door, an obvious choice on his goals scored plus assists. I still think Hendo in midfield has been the difference though.

24 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

did yir maw type this for you? 🤣🤣🤣couldn't resist. 

The Balloon Door?

WTF! Did yer maw type that for you? 😂

Main Door Balloon Decoration - Decor Spree

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Right now, I’d obviously love to see Finn stay, Ross and Tait to sign, and Mackie to stay on. Agyeman is signed, which I’m happy about, and I don’t know the situation with Shanley or Allan (scoring for fun with Clyde and keeping them up).  That would be a squad of 16 or 17 champions leaving wiggle room for JM to fill some quality and competition along the spine.  Obvs depends massively on budget so I hope there’s a clamour to buy STs and anything with a steeple on it between now and June.  This is a real chance. 

Would love to keep Tait, Ross and Yeats - those 3 would be my priority.  Tait would depend on Hibs agreeing to either let him go for free or be loaned out again for the season covering some wages.  Montgomery looks on a shoogly peg there so would be good to get that deal done before anyone new comes in and decides they like him.  

I get why people are calling for Mackie but not (yet) for me.  He's done well last 2 games but they've been games where we've had a huge % of possession, won't be the case next year and while he's an option I'd like to see what others we have come the summer before committing the budget.  He deserves to start the last few games and how he does next week when I expect we'll be under a bit more pressure will be interesting.  

Shanley in the same position for me.  Wouldn't be committing money his way just yet.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

With the huge upturn/improvements in general across all the goods available (huge thanks to all the marketing team/club shop / Greaves) why not miss a trick and  get the STs available now? More time for many to budget especially with summer hols approaching when the STs normally come around. 

On 04/04/2024 at 21:56, Bainsfordbairn said:

As I've never held a flare and likely never will I have no idea if your fingers can get chunks blown out them or not. In the interests of public safety though, I'm sure our fans would appreciate some clarification. 

Can we see these images which traumatised you so much? 

i know you didn't ask me this question @Bainsfordbairn but i thought i'd share this from the first aid saftety awareness training i was at on Friday. i naively thought the fuss with them was a bit ott, getting caught up in the whole spectacle they bring but my mind is changed now. you can see ive blanked off one of the images for what i hope you and anybody else reading this will realise is a good idea. it's as bad as it looks from the edited version, no bs.

IMG_0342.jpg

Tait and Yeats would be the priorities for me. Tait has been great alongside Spencer, but could be an option further forward too. Ross would be a useful player to have in the squad, but doesn’t have the end product to justify a huge wage offer for me.

Mackie has been excellent at centre half the last few games and likewise would be useful to keep if his wage demands aren’t excessive. Shanley hasn’t had lots of game time, but hasn’t done a lot when he has played. I’d be minded to put his wages towards a striker that can challenge Maciver.

50 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

i know you didn't ask me this question @Bainsfordbairn but i thought i'd share this from the first aid saftety awareness training i was at on Friday. i naively thought the fuss with them was a bit ott, getting caught up in the whole spectacle they bring but my mind is changed now. you can see ive blanked off one of the images for what i hope you and anybody else reading this will realise is a good idea. it's as bad as it looks from the edited version, no bs.

IMG_0342.jpg

These are fireworks, not smoke bombs or flares, yes?   Flares are not designed to “report” or explode.

Edit - pyrotechnics covers a lot of different things

Edited by Disco Duck

I watched the game on Falkirk TV and knew that Tait's goal was a belter but I didn't appreciate just how good it was until I saw it from behind the goals, what a beauty. To echo everybody else, it would be brilliant if we could get him signed up for next season, either permanently or a loan.

14 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tait and Yeats would be the priorities for me. Tait has been great alongside Spencer, but could be an option further forward too. Ross would be a useful player to have in the squad, but doesn’t have the end product to justify a huge wage offer for me.

Mackie has been excellent at centre half the last few games and likewise would be useful to keep if his wage demands aren’t excessive. Shanley hasn’t had lots of game time, but hasn’t done a lot when he has played. I’d be minded to put his wages towards a striker that can challenge Maciver.

Would love to keep Tait, Yeats, and Mackie. Tait would be a top signing (arguably yesterday was a masterclass/best 60 minutes I’ve seen a young player dictate and give players like Nesbitt and Spencer so much ball to completely take the piss) Shanely feel a bit for. He’s up against MacIver who’s hold play and positioning is best in the division. (Albeit should have more chances tucked away) McGlynn will already know who’s likely going to come in/out. Really hoping Tams injury clears up with no lasting worry, which makes keeping MacKie so important for me. 

7 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I watched the game on Falkirk TV and knew that Tait's goal was a belter but I didn't appreciate just how good it was until I saw it from behind the goals, what a beauty. To echo everybody else, it would be brilliant if we could get him signed up for next season, either permanently or a loan.

For our third, is the chap who was standing on the goal line claiming for offside? 😆

2 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

For our third, is the chap who was standing on the goal line claiming for offside? 😆

Aye, I think so. 😁

At 3.53 poor Finn gets a headbutt and his foot stamped by an unsuspecting Dylan Tait.

11 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I think it's more a claim for offside against Miller but he's never off. 

I kept expecting the flag to go up at Alfie's goal, watching it back on Alba I can't see how Shanley isn't impacting on the keeper when Alfie shoots but I'll take it

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

I think it's more a claim for offside against Miller but he's never off. 

I kept expecting the flag to go up at Alfie's goal, watching it back on Alba I can't see how Shanley isn't impacting on the keeper when Alfie shoots but I'll take it

Neither are offside when Tait plays the ball through, Alfie doesn't touch or pass the ball to Stanley, so no danger the flag was going up.

17 hours ago, Baggio said:

Shamelessly stolen from Facebook 

FB_IMG_1712434995899.jpg

Love this and the positive energy the Ultras bring! 

The only other banners I can remember at TFS or Brockville was calling for a board or manager to be sacked!

A phenomenal two weeks following Falkirk. From the relief and emotion in Montrose to the extended celebrations yesterday. 12 goals in two games and a great time to be a Bairn. A mention to the commercial team who are riding the crest of a wave and could sell anything Falkirk related just now! And it will only strengthen the Club’s finances. Success breeds success.  I’m sure McGlynn and Smudger are preparing already for next season and by my count they bought themselves 5 weeks before the end of season. As mentioned the names we need to nail down are Tait, Ross, Mackie, Yeats and Shanley. I think all these players merit an extension and it’s hard to quantify the importance of a tight harmonious dressing room, who fight for each other. Every player has played their part and back the next one up. When’s the last time we had that? A proper team unit. A good while I’d suggest. 

Edited by GunnerBairn