The Falkirk FC Thread

On the topic of cashing in when the going is good, I used to like when we'd play in our new home top for next season during the last home game. Would like to see that being brought back and if it's on par with this years top it would fly off the shelves and bring in a good chunk of early money ahead of next season.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

10 hours ago, HonestAl said:

Finn Yeats would be good for Falkirk but Falkirk has and will continue to be good for Finn.

Fully echo your points regarding Yeats. He’s a young lad and ambitious. I just think Falkirk are a good fit for him at this stage of his career. As much as he is progressing as a player, the Club is also progressing up the leagues too. In that respect he could have served his apprenticeship by the time we reach the Premiership, which on balance maybe sooner than folk think given the strong momentum we’ve picked up. A win-win for the lad and the Club should an extension be signed. 

5 hours ago, Rizzo said:

For our third, is the chap who was standing on the goal line claiming for offside? 😆

I think it quite possibly was offside. The keeper is out far enough so that when miller heads the ball forward to MacIvor he's more than likely off. Who gives a feck though.

51 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Could see a Dundee or Dundee United in for him. He is from Aberdeen so perhaps the draw of being nearer home will be a factor

A good point. Although I have it on authority (his auld man!) that he’s not homesick and wants to stick to the central belt. 

5 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I think it quite possibly was offside. The keeper is out far enough so that when miller heads the ball forward to MacIvor he's more than likely off. Who gives a feck though.

I managed to get a wee sequence of shots of that and it looks like the keeper coming back plays McIvor onside.

McIvor.gif

5 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Could see a Dundee or Dundee United in for him. He is from Aberdeen so perhaps the draw of being nearer home will be a factor

He's not as good, yet, as he possibly thinks he is. Defo would benefit from the rough and tumble of a year in the Championship with us. Hard to see where he goes otherwise.

17 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

MacIver was offside unless Miller headed the ball backwards toward him?

1 minute ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Over 6k tickets sold for the Alloa game now 

With a large crowd expected for trophy day.  If the club had any sense they would put season tickets on sale for next season before this fixture.

24 minutes ago, Jgs said:

Noticed the sign outside the stadium still says next game v Cove Rangers. These sort of things really need updated a bit more quickly.

If that’s all that bothers you then the club must be doing ok

1 minute ago, Latapy is god said:

With a large crowd expected for trophy day.  If the club had any sense they would put season tickets on sale for next season before this fixture.

That would mean income in this FY and not next and also throw Cashflow out regarding VAT payments - of which the ST sales would be the biggest of the year 

44 minutes ago, Jgs said:

Noticed the sign outside the stadium still says next game v Cove Rangers. These sort of things really need updated a bit more quickly.

Agreed - they should just change it to The Champions vs All Comers and that about covers the rest of the season.