The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Like it did today?

I completely get showing for the ball but not on the touchline when Mccann's that close and that central. It was Mccann's fault but if Hogarth isn't so far over he clears that.

Hogarth was in the correct position. Just because McCann made an arse of it you can’t then try to put some of the blame on Hogarth. 

I can guarantee that if Hogarth stood in the goal mouth and a pass went back to him, which ended up in the back of the net, he would be getting crucified for making such a basic mistake

51 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’m not sure how it would be violent conduct. He didn’t swing a punch, elbow or kick out. It was a tackle, which endangered an opponent and should be a one match ban

It'll not be violent conduct, it'll be 'Serious Foul Play'. Same thing. Two game ban.

Great result today playing with 10 for 75 mins. Hopefully you celebrate it with 3 points at Annan next week 🙂

1 hour ago, Rocco said:

Hogarth was in the correct position. Just because McCann made an arse of it you can’t then try to put some of the blame on Hogarth. 

I can guarantee that if Hogarth stood in the goal mouth and a pass went back to him, which ended up in the back of the net, he would be getting crucified for making such a basic mistake

I said on the other thread that the folk blaming Hogarth are just waiting on him to make a mistake so they can jump all over him. There isn't a goalkeeper in the world who would have been expecting that pass back to where it went.

Thought Hogarth was outstanding today, he's got the potential to be a top class keeper for us.  The OG was a freak moment but it did seem a bit cocky trying to play so tightly out of our own box.  

Alfie has looked great when coming on recently too, a real threat.  Glad he's here next year he can be a real handful and a great option to have. 

Nesbitt was deservedly MOM.  I think anyone claiming to have been a constant believer in his ability over the last few years have a very short memory.  He looked great when he first came in under Sheerin then form fell away as the team hit the skids.  He's been inconsistent since then up until the start of this season when he's been superb most weeks.  What a difference team spirit and being surrounded by others on the same wavelength can do for a player. Him and Miller go way back which is probably helping them both too.  Great to see.   

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Called Reece Lyon a poor mans Liam Henderson in the January transfer thread but on today's showing I wouldn't mind him turning out in the navy blue next season. A much easier game for him given we were down to 10 men for so long but he was everywhere. 

I thought he was sh*t, no where near our team thank you.

2 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Get these arseholes telt!

There was /is a bucketmouthed clown in the KM7 up the back Grangemouth side that continually slaughtered Donaldson to the point that he was roaring at him for being shite before the ball even arrived at him!

Told him to shut his hole many a time, usually got the “I’m entitled to my opinion “ bullshite so my reply was I’m entitled to tell you that you are talking out your arse.

Don’t just sit and listen to these wallopers shout them down.

I don't have Facebook, however a mate sent me a screenshot of some old guy who sits in the SS and his comments after the game on a 'fans' page.

Unbeaten and played with a man down and some people rush home to post that crap, they are either attention seeking or just thick as fk.

Well done to the team and those who kept the atmosphere going today 👏

Brilliant draw today considering everything went against us. Will look at it again on highlights but that looked a red all day long for Coll. I'm sure we would all be screaming for it if it was the other way round. 

On to an Annan side that have picked up recently. I expect a tough/frustrating afternoon here and would take another draw to keep the run going. 

Highlights would definitely suggest it was his upper chest rather than the face that Coll kicked but it's still a red.

It does worry me that we’ll only have Mackie and Henderson for the rest of the season, especially up against Tommy Goss next week and an Annan team giving everything to avoid the play offs. One injury and we’ll have one available CB within a pairing who haven’t played much at CB this season.

Donaldson  unlucky for me. He clearly plays the ball cleanly   before bavidge actually runs into him.  I'm not sure what he's really meant to do after that . Just one of these things not much you can do about it.

The passback from McCann not sure what he's doing. Could Nicky perhaps  have dived on it and saved it when you look at it difficult to say really probably.the fact it  caught him off guard completely. Certainly wouldn't blame him.

Talking to Coll in elliots tonight and he said 'I'm just glad the Kelty player was ok" and that he was sent off for 'serious foul play' so it's a 2 game ban that the club are not appealing but he did joke that he's going 'full John Terry' on the last game 

Just watched the highlights and our second goal shows the brilliant work that Ross Maciver does that doesn't show up in any statistics.  He doesn't score or get an assist but the goal doesn't happen without him. 

My angle in real time isn't too different from the FTV angle so I appreciate other opinions but it's a very harsh red I think.  Coll gets the ball first, isn't anywhere near head height and is in no way malicious.  It is chest height and the follow through gets the Kelty player so it's a yellow but I'm not seeing a red card offence there.

Nevertheless, it gave the players another reason to demonstrate how superb they are and it gave the fans another chance to step up in support too. Think that was real collective effort to keep the unbeaten run going, against a team that I thought were very good.

2 to go and 2 more collective efforts needed but even if we come up short of an invincible season (and regardless of it "only" being league 1) this is so so good right now.

7 minutes ago, martin ritchie said:

Talking to Coll in elliots tonight and he said 'I'm just glad the Kelty player was ok" and that he was sent off for 'serious foul play' so it's a 2 game ban that the club are not appealing but he did joke that he's going 'full John Terry' on the last game 

Well, if Coll sees it differently to me then I am not going to argue! 

Full John Terry is class as long as he only means fully stripped.  We seem to have a great dressing room so hope he doesn't have his eye on a teammates wife.

3 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

It does worry me that we’ll only have Mackie and Henderson for the rest of the season, especially up against Tommy Goss next week and an Annan team giving everything to avoid the play offs. One injury and we’ll have one available CB within a pairing who haven’t played much at CB this season.

McIver played CH for a few games at Alloa last season 

4 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

“The best place to defend is in the opposition penalty box.”
Jock Stein

We'll be fine. 😁

That’s probably the best any opposition have played at the TFS this season albeit made easier with the red. Ref got this spot on but delivered an astonishing bias for the ninety odd minutes, with nearly every decision going to KH. Nisbett once again with a mind blowing display of running, tackling, passing and shutting down opponents. When you’re down to ten it’s a difficult gig, and although lucky with the one that came off bar, thought we coped well. Every player has played their part, so I’m laying off McCann who just looked disjointed for some reason. Two games till season end and no doubt will be as difficult as yesterday.