The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

We would not have to give him a deal to go if another full time club came in for him, we’d simply allow him to leave. That situation isn’t that far fetched given his form in the 2nd half of the season for Clyde probably attracted a bit of interest in him, in fact I’d wager if jobby McCall leaves Clyde and ends up at queen of the south as is rumoured it’s very likely Jordon Allan will end up there as well. 

Only if that club are paying the same wages he’s on with us, which seems unlikely.

As a minimum we’d surely need to pay him a lump sum to cover the pay cut he’d have to take. 

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, JS_FFC said:

Only if that club are paying the same wages he’s on with us, which seems unlikely.

As a minimum we’d surely need to pay him a lump sum to cover the pay cut he’d have to take. 

Not necessarily, I doubt he’ll be on much money. Another club could either match his wages/offer him similar, or perhaps offer him the security of a longer contract to compensate for a wage cut given he’s now onto the final year of his current deal. None of these outcomes are particularly far fetched IMO and given his form for Clyde since January I think he will have options. Either way any pay out from Falkirk (if any) is likely to be minimal, it’s going to be far easier to get a young goal scoring striker of our books as opposed to trying to shift a Brad McKay type. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

5 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Are the players still in this week? If so why?

They were heading to Ibiza for a few days (according to McGlynn) once the PFA awards were done n dusted. Not sure if the full squad went or just some. 

6 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No, they all went away on holiday together for a few days. 

Great. Saw a pic on twitter and thought surely they are away from it all ! Hope they have a great time and no arrests🤣🤣

40 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Tait is with them in Ibiza 👀

As well he should because he isn't going to get a game for Hibs this season. With a bit of luck he could be persuaded to stay for next season.

Hope they're all having a great time, they deserve it after the season they've just given us

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Great. Saw a pic on twitter and thought surely they are away from it all ! Hope they have a great time and no arrests🤣🤣

Hendo was tweeting this morning about 10am clearly doing a Martin Boyle still on the sauce and deservedly so.

Does Morrison get into the team of the 21st century for us?

For me it’s along the lines of:

Mallo

Ross - James - Yogi - Leahy

Latapy - Vaulks - Crunchie

Morrison - Farid - Stokes

Re Tait, thought it was interesting that McGlynn on the FD podcast wouldn't talk about how they got him.  I assume that means tapping him up and telling him there's a deal waiting for him if he quits Accies.  Depending on his Hibs wages could something similar happen there?  He tears up his Hibs contract and signs for us.  Possible.  I assume in those circumstances no fee is due as the player has effectively resigned?  

On Mackie, I'm in the 'we can do better' camp and would be a wee bit disappointed if he signed again as it uses up a spot that could go elsewhere.  He's been good recently but let's be honest, in games like Montrose there wasn't that much defending to do.  

I felt the same re Olivers new deal and that looks even odder now McKenna is likely to sign making him 3rd choice in the "10" behind Nesbitt and McKenna.  He can play up front but Saturday showed his limitations there.  

Shanley I would also let go for the same reasons.  If we want to compete next year we need to better imo.  Also while good to get most of the squad signed up early would hold fire on spending all the budget as one or two gems might become available later in the window that weren't before.  

Lastly, we might not be able to replace those leaving with the same number coming in.  All the new deals will be on more money which will eat into budget more than those same players have this season.  I'd expect us to have about 20 again next year but improving on the likes of Mackie, Shanley, Lawal etc. 

Hoping that there is a significant increase with STs and maybe a good uplift with the added player funding, that would allow a stretch with the budget, but most fans will appreciate that the club have the yearly deficit to overcome. Hoping that the new strips and merchandise are similar numbers  sales which would be great boost.

Happy enough with Mckenna as I'd imagine he won't be on too much and adds some needed experience so in that sense it's a shrewd bit of business but it does make me question the point in re-signing Gary Oliver. The below is probably word for word how you'd describe Oliver.

“He’s an attacking midfield player who can play in a number of positions, even as a striker, which is an advantage. He’s a very good footballer, he’s a great character who’ll blend into the changing room very well, and he knows a number of players who are here already. He brings experience but still has a number of good years ahead of him. He’s a great addition to what we have already and we look forward to working with him.

1 hour ago, FK1Bairn said:

As well he should because he isn't going to get a game for Hibs this season. With a bit of luck he could be persuaded to stay for next season.

Hope they're all having a great time, they deserve it after the season they've just given us

Hibs contacts think their midfield has been so awful this season that Tait will be starting for them after his displays with Falkirk.

It's just fans opinion but seams reasonable, if that's the case you can't blame Tait for wanting to play at the highest level.

It all hangs on what Hibs decide. Keep him or cash in on what they can get for him, they think £20-30k. If thats the price can the club afford it? and is it worth one less signing to offset.