The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Disappointed to see both Alloa and Montrose lose out in the play-offs. Hard pushed for a preference now between ICT & Hamilton

Inverness. Admittedly things may have changed since we were last there, but they used to have a pile of massive sausage rolls in the pressroom at halftime. Anyone who feeds me is my friend, as I'm sure you'll point out soon enough. 😎

Accies also go out of their way to be difficult. You get to the front door and they then tell you to walk up the stairs with all your kit, emerge into the stand and then walk back down the stairs to get pitchside. Rather than allow you to stay at ground level and make the ten second walk through the tunnel. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Who we signing next then?

Been almost a week without a new signing, boooooooo.

I was told there won't be many new signings so you might wait a while. Adams, Agyeman, Allan, Donaldson, Hayward, Henderson, Hogarth, Honeyman,  Lang, MacIver, McCann, McKenna, Miller, Morrison, Nesbit, Oliver, Sinclair, Shanley, Spencer, Walker & Yeats will all be here next season. 

That's 21 players. Yes, four are apprentices but as they're in their final year there may be an expectation on them to challenge for a place in the squad rather than going out on loan again. 

Never mind any out-of-contract ones who may have offers from us like Mackie or Ross. 

I suspect the summer will be quiet. Release list next week, some awards announcements, the next youth players to get modern apprenticeships and that will likely be it apart from the usual preseason fixtures and strip launch. 

I like Jordan Allan and he seems like a decent enough bloke, but surely there’s no way he’ll be here next season. He doesn’t fit our system and didn’t cut it at League One level. 

Jordan Allan will be moved on and I can’t see many/any of the apprentices being involved so I’d expect maybe 3 additions even if Mackie and Ross sign on (5 if they don’t). Much quieter than the last few years but still room to add some quality.

Harry Stone, Hanlon, Tait the ones being talked about at the moment but expect McGlynn may have something up his sleeve. 

56 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Inverness. Admittedly things may have changed since we were last there, but they used to have a pile of massive sausage rolls in the pressroom at halftime. Anyone who feeds me is my friend, as I'm sure you'll point out soon enough. 😎

Accies also go out of their way to be difficult. You get to the front door and they then tell you to walk up the stairs with all your kit, emerge into the stand and then walk back down the stairs to get pitchside. Rather than allow you to stay at ground level and make the ten second walk through the tunnel. 

Yeah, I believe the old saying is "I`d rather keep you a week than a fortnight", you could eat for Scotland.

So Hamilton still at that old ploy, do they still not allow you to sit in front of advertising boards??

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I was told there won't be many new signings so you might wait a while. Adams, Agyeman, Allan, Donaldson, Hayward, Henderson, Hogarth, Honeyman,  Lang, MacIver, McCann, McKenna, Miller, Morrison, Nesbit, Oliver, Sinclair, Shanley, Spencer, Walker & Yeats will all be here next season. 

That's 21 players. Yes, four are apprentices but as they're in their final year there may be an expectation on them to challenge for a place in the squad rather than going out on loan again. 

Never mind any out-of-contract ones who may have offers from us like Mackie or Ross. 

I suspect the summer will be quiet. Release list next week, some awards announcements, the next youth players to get modern apprenticeships and that will likely be it apart from the usual preseason fixtures and strip launch. 

Listened to the Falkirk FC podcast again to remind myself of McGlynn's soundbites on next season.

*First team squad of 20
*2/3 from the current squad could still re-sign
*Goalkeeper from a premiership club on loan(Hiya Harry)
*Maybe only 2/3 new signings

The fact he made a point of mentioning 'first team' makes me think the apprentices are in addition to that number. Yeats & Shanley have been re-signed since that aired so Mackie or Ross to complete the 3(Mackie may have done enough to make that 4). 

Current first team squad of 17, so 3 to go, 4 if Allan goes and maybe 5 if the season tickets, FSS + extra managers fund are good enough.

A GK's obviously a certainty, Ross & Tait will most likely be high on the list, a centre back and a starting striker.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

None of them were on loan at SPFL level last season so I’d be very surprised if they would be seen as ready to come in and play regularly at championship level.

Far better for them to be out playing than sitting in our stand.

35 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

A GK's obviously a certainty, Ross & Tait will most likely be high on the list, a centre back and a starting striker.

A very happy supporter if this can be achieved. Just have a look at how the cash is distributed down through the leagues. Incredible that we’ve not seen clubs fold as the financial situation must be grim for many clubs. 

4 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

Disappointed to see both Alloa and Montrose lose out in the play-offs. Hard pushed for a preference now between ICT & Hamilton

A worthy debating point here. Was a shame to see Alloa and Montrose drop out. A lot will come down to respective Club budgets for next season.  Hamilton have a wealthy owner, so too ICT do they not? However both their budgets would’ve taken a dent being in the lower leagues, so levels the playing field. Someone made a good point for both Ross County and St J to stay in the Premier, as both have considerable wealth behind them, leaving Livvy and their parachute payment; but you’d imagine they’d need to cover their overheads as their donald ducked financially. All things remaining the same, next years Championship could be the most equal and competitive in a while. For our part, we definitely have the  feel good and momentum with us right now and this should carry through to the start of the season. If we manage to finish in 4th spot I’ll be more than happy for a crack at the play offs. 

1 minute ago, GunnerBairn said:

A worthy debating point here. Was a shame to see Alloa and Montrose drop out. A lot will come down to respective Club budgets for next season.  Hamilton have a wealthy owner, so too ICT do they not? However both their budgets would’ve taken a dent being in the lower leagues, so levels the playing field. Someone made a good point for both Ross County and St J to stay in the Premier, as both have considerable wealth behind them, leaving Livvy and their parachute payment; but you’d imagine they’d need to cover their overheads as their donald ducked financially. All things remaining the same, next years Championship could be the most equal and competitive in a while. For our part, we definitely have the  feel good and momentum with us right now and this should carry through to the start of the season. If we manage to finish in 4th spot I’ll be more than happy for a crack at the play offs. 

Getting a guy like Tait on board would send a message to all clubs that we’re not here to make up the numbers. Having seen PT & Airdrie over the past week, are we that far away from being able to compete at the top? Yes there’s some decent players (Graham at 36 still looks very good) Milne was decent and Airdries middle of the park was strong, but I don’t think player on player apart from GKCF were not far away. 

1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

So Hamilton still at that old ploy, do they still not allow you to sit in front of advertising boards??

It hasn't been mentioned this season, but Michael and I both got a row at the last visit because apparently we were too close to the dugouts. 🙈 

29 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Have Inverness not been hemorrhaging money over the last few seasons? Much like Hamilton and QotS I can't see them sustaining full time football for long down here 

If ICT are struggling financially then that can only level the playing field. Respective budgets will be absolutely key next season IMO.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

If it makes you feel better to consider yourself a better fan than others then go for it my man/woman/person. 

What others do is neither mine or your business though so don't try to make others feel shite for their actions. 

I do all this and also spunked loads of money pished at the youth team speakers night so that makes me better than u haha x 

I once loudly told Leon McCann I loved him from about 20 rows back. However, I also once ripped into Paul Paton so loudly he shot me a despondent look of despair/apology. And lastly, I dribbled the  earlier mentioned drunken spiel into #CM7s ear that he had given the town its Club and its pride back. 

I don't know where that leaves me as a fan. None of them cost me any money..... but they all feel significant in some way. 

Edited by Bairnardo

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Getting a guy like Tait on board would send a message to all clubs that we’re not here to make up the numbers. Having seen PT & Airdrie over the past week, are we that far away from being able to compete at the top? Yes there’s some decent players (Graham at 36 still looks very good) Milne was decent and Airdries middle of the park was strong, but I don’t think player on player apart from GKCF were not far away. 

Agreed, making a statement would be a bold move. Wouldn’t mind the likes of Tait and Graham coming on board neither, and players of that calibre. 

Edited by GunnerBairn