The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

I liked Brough and was the only one of that useless shower that I would have kept. Bit slow but there was a player there and he tried.

Brough was decent and tbh I thought he’d maybe be kept but he got tarred with the same brush as the rest of them

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I've only included the dross Hartley signed from down south. Amazingly a couple of them have made it to a decent level 

Tom Dallison - Colchester United (League 2)

Patrick Brough - Northampton Town (League 1)

Dennon Lewis - Woking (National League, 5th tier)

Ruben Sammut - Last at Dulwich Hamlet (8th tier), retired from football age 23 and is now working in recruitment for Charlton Athletic 

Dan Turner - Brackley Town (National League North, 6th tier)

Scott Harrison - Last at Spennymoor Town (National League North, 6th tier) , retired from football age 25 

Tom Owen-Evans - Chippenham Town (National League South, 6th tier)

Rees Greenwood - Ryton & Crawcrook Albion (Northern League Division 2, 10th tier)

Paul Paton - Glenafton Athletic (West of Scotland League, 6th tier)

What happened to the wee fat Cypriot boy we signed from Dumbarton?

Great five a side type player but never a professional.

8 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Agree with that but equally not many (if any) other clubs are going to have nearly 4000 STs sold. The cautious approach is correct but also don’t think there’s any reason we shouldn’t be competitive next season. 

We have faced teams in the championship before with far more resources and finished above them. I can’t see Raith or anyone else having budgets anywhere near what Rangers, Hibs or DU had so we shouldn’t be running scared.

I do think it will be a tight league and there won’t be a big gap between 4th and 9th. We have the basis of a really good squad but still feel 2/3 quality players improving on what we had last season will be needed to compete at the top end.

A sensible approach to budgets will be needed but equally there is a bit of self-fulfilling prophecy of budgeting for 8th and finishing 8th, as it leads to lower prize money and STs for next season. Clearly the FSS numbers have not increased as much as hoped but fans have shown huge backing in other ways, which needs to be harnessed.

Being competitive depends on how many invincible's cut it in a higher league. Our new signings, Oppositions new signings and how long the unknown factor lasts in the league. We will know after the first quarter.

Hope Adams cuts it at right back freeing up Yeats for midfield. That would be a big bonus leaving GK - CB hopefully Tait CF  made up most likely of 2 signings and 2 loans incoming. For the first time in 5 years we are shopping in an up market shop. 

Going to be an interesting month

49 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

What happened to the wee fat Cypriot boy we signed from Dumbarton?

Great five a side type player but never a professional.

Froxylias?

17 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Agreed with that. Prize money alone coupled with a very speculative owner means we’re operating in different markets this summer. I’d be very happy with mid table and a cup run this season. 

I’d be happy with 4th, getting out of Premier Cup group stage for around £60K, a challenge cup win for £100K, and a Scottish Cup run. Need to build a warchest for the inevitable grass pitch which needs laid. Maybe another two Killers gigs at the stadium would help too before we rip up the astro. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Raith have speculated to accumulate tbf:

Average attendance up by 2,000 last season which will make them £500k

2nd place prize money over finishing 5th or 6th in the league is another £300k

Plus a share of 2 x 6k+ crowds for their play off games, maybe another £100k 

Obviously the cocaine money is temporary whereas the navy blue pound is permanent, but Raith should be in a position to challenge for promotion for a good few years if they don't go up 

TV+Prize Money totalled 723k

League=628k

SC=£22,500

LC=£72,000

Edited by Rovers_Lad

3 hours ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

I mind Benni Smales Braithwait being pretty shite vs Killie in his trial. Did he not come of the bench or am I misremembering?

Yeah he was hopeless, looked like he'd never seen a football before.

I don’t really get our fans saying Hanlon wouldn’t get into our team. Of course he would. 

Raith are in a completely different position to us and unfortunately for us we won’t be shopping in the same market as Raith

6 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I've only included the dross Hartley signed from down south. Amazingly a couple of them have made it to a decent level 

Tom Dallison - Colchester United (League 2)

Patrick Brough - Northampton Town (League 1)

Dennon Lewis - Woking (National League, 5th tier)

Ruben Sammut - Last at Dulwich Hamlet (8th tier), retired from football age 23 and is now working in recruitment for Charlton Athletic 

Dan Turner - Brackley Town (National League North, 6th tier)

Scott Harrison - Last at Spennymoor Town (National League North, 6th tier) , retired from football age 25 

Tom Owen-Evans - Chippenham Town (National League South, 6th tier)

Rees Greenwood - Ryton & Crawcrook Albion (Northern League Division 2, 10th tier)

Paul Paton - Glenafton Athletic (West of Scotland League, 6th tier)

Lest we forget: 

Dylan Mackin - Kilwinning Rangers (west of scotland premier)

Marcus Haber (Preah Khan Reach Svay Rieng - Cambodian Premier) - 56 goals in 56 games!  😮

Mark Russell (Portadown - N Irish 2nd tier)

Abdul Osman (Hanwell Town - Southern League Premier Division South)

Mark Waddington (retired at 24)

Aaron Jarvis (Torquay United - National League South)

Daimentas Petravicious (unknown, last seen at Aguilas in spanish second division group 4)

Leo Fasan (retired at 27)

Shane Lavery (free agent)

Andy Irving (West Ham)

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I don’t really get our fans saying Hanlon wouldn’t get into our team. Of course he would. 

Raith are in a completely different position to us and unfortunately for us we won’t be shopping in the same market as Raith

You shop enough in our secondary market.

30 minutes ago, Rocco said:

There was no need for that 😂

Or they’re our feeder club. 

FWIW I think Raith will skoosh it this season. Every other position up for grabs though (other than 10th, that’s obviously Morton)

47 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Shane Lavery (free agent)

Andy Irving (West Ham)

Lavery went on to have a decent career and Andy Irving somehow has ended up at West Ham!

The rest I shudder at being reminded of 😬

On 05/06/2024 at 19:17, Bigbrbairn said:

Think it is time that we introduced development players into squad or decent prospects will not see a good career pathway and we could lose a few

Question is, are they good enough?