The Falkirk FC Thread

On 11/06/2024 at 10:30, HopeStreetWalker said:

As I posted my Hibs contacts said a few weeks ago they would keep Tait. Looks like the new management have the same opinion.

Ample helping of humble pie for the individuals who rubbished the post.

That aged well 😂

Superb signing and as predicted nominal fee 

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Brilliant to get Tait signed up- a player with real quality.

We have the basis of a really good squad to compete now. Think one more centre half and striker could really allow us to push for the top end of the league.

This is not going to be popular, however, I'm still a little concerned about the RB situation. Young Finn's great, but I do think he may struggle a bit a league up and, although the reports are very good, we don't know if Adams will be able to make the step up. Morton have just signed Ballantyne from Airdrie; I'd have been happy to take him because he's predominantly a RB but can play anywhere across the back, which would have given us back-up for more than one position.

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

This is not going to be popular, however, I'm still a little concerned about the RB situation. Young Finn's great, but I do think he may struggle a bit a league up and, although the reports are very good, we don't know if Adams will be able to make the step up. Morton have just signed Ballantyne from Airdrie; I'd have been happy to take him because he's predominantly a RB but can play anywhere across the back, which would have given us back-up for more than one position.

I’m more than happy if he starts with Yeats at right back tbh. His performances last season merit him getting the opportunity to consolidate the position a level up.

For the first time for years I 150% trust our management team to make the correct decisions.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m more than happy if he starts with Yeats at right back tbh. His performances last season merit him getting the opportunity to consolidate the position a level up.

For the first time for years I 150% trust our management team to make the correct decisions.

Absolutely. As I say, he's been great and completely deserves the right to start. I just hope I'm worrying for nothing.

14 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I mind going to a charity night in the Welfare Hall in Shieldhill years ago and the first three songs the DJ played were Simply the Best and Penny Arcade twice🙄

Penny arcade was always the simple minded Benidorm lot before they adopted it

Nowt much has changed but it's the worst Orbison song going so I have no problem with it.

I hate it when either of the ugly sisters adopt a song a like though.

Hibs stating “the terms of the transfer will remain undisclosed, however the deal does include a sell on fee”. So my interpretation is we haven’t paid anything but a large sell on clause has been included. If that’s true, happy with that and very good business  

21 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

McGlynn thinks the new lad is an outstanding prospect. I am happy to go with his judgement 

5 minutes ago, BPM said:

McGlynn thinks the new lad is an outstanding prospect. I am happy to go with his judgement 

6 goals and 4 assists last season, handy numbers for a right back.

II felt confident about Tait. Paper talk a few weeks back was that he was leaving Hibs and coming to us. Didnt see it going another way. Delighted.

Re the Finn Yeats talk. I'm fine with him starting at RB, but I do think, owing to his physical development last season, he might surprise a bit. when/if he goes back to midfield. He was a bit easily bullied in the middle when he first broke through. He'd give a few a fright that tried it now IMO 

Just now, Springfield said:

As said class player that looked special after coming on as a sub at Alloa. Brilliant bit of business and can’t wait for the new season. Two more players and we’re not far off. 

I'd love another centre half (one that can also play right back if I'm being greedy) and a centre forward but even without either, if we can avoid too many injuries I think we're in good shape for the season ahead.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

II felt confident about Tait. Paper talk a few weeks back was that he was leaving Hibs and coming to us. Didnt see it going another way. Delighted.

Re the Finn Yeats talk. I'm fine with him starting at RB, but I do think, owing to his physical development last season, he might surprise a bit. when/if he goes back to midfield. He was a bit easily bullied in the middle when he first broke through. He'd give a few a fright that tried it now IMO 

Yeats doesn't have the height obviously but I think he's a damn back up for Henderson this season (as well as first choice right back).

6 minutes ago, One off poster said:

I'd love another centre half (one that can also play right back if I'm being greedy) and a centre forward but even without either, if we can avoid too many injuries I think we're in good shape for the season ahead.

I think it only take one injury (to Maciver) to have us struggling up front. Another striker would be my top priority- possibly a loan if there’s one available.

Terrific bit of business getting Tait back. 

5 minutes ago, One off poster said:

Agreed. A versatile defender that can play full back and centre half and another striker ideally. Not sure we will get them though, that said it's more when not if Allan heads out the door.