The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

I felt the referee was awful. He missed plenty of easy yellow’s then out of nowhere it was like Christmas with the cards flying out. There was also what looked like a deliberate handball in the first half not given so would like to see that back. 

He was rotten the whole game, some of the yellows were bizarre as were some that he let go.    The highlight was the corner he didn't give you guys in the 2nd half though.  That was box office stuff 🤣

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Two tricky games within a few days is bound  to have an effect on the players at this time of the season . They won't quite be up to full match fitness so it's no surprise they tailed off second half. You can see that brown has managed down south. Like bullen before him it's all targeted towards big physical front men but I thought our makeshift pairing coped pretty well.

IMO the SPFL should really allow unlimited substitutions in the league cup group stage. It’s a very hard thing to have to have at least half your team playing a full 90 minutes when the league cup starts so early that there’s only time for 1-2 pre season friendlies. 

The league cup group stage is a glorified pre season exercise and as such I think you should be allowed to make as many subs as you like.

15 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think Miller nor Morrison did anything special. Miller was up against a 17 year old at right back who was at East Stirling last season and got by him maybe once or twice but didn’t do anything aside from that. Morrison managed to get plenty of balls into the box but our left back wasn’t actually beaten by him and the majority of the crosses were either cleared easily enough or caught by Stone. I think Falkirk had a lot of the ball but didn’t do much with it. 

And for all your great chances, we could’ve scored a further two goals in the first half and should’ve probably had at least two in the second half. We play quite an open game at times but in the second half I don’t think we were ever in danger. 

They set up our chances off the woodwork first half and had it not been for that you guys would have been 3-1 down at HT. I agree you did have chances but they came mostly from our mistakes. The one I’m thinking of was Nesbitt losing it on the edge of your box from our corner and Oakley going through and missing. Second half it took until the very end for you to test Sneddon again as we threw nearly everyone forward for the equaliser. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

6 hours ago, Weekeith said:

Unfortunately the tail of the tape isn't what others see , look at the results tomorrow. 

Correct but you won’t get as much luck again this season than you did first half 

4 hours ago, ChrispPancake said:

yes we could have been 3-1 up at half time and no one would have thought it undeserved but fair play to Ayr, they shut the door in the 2nd half and we had no answer. Our subs were all like for like with no change to a formation or tactics that weren't working. We need a plan B or we'll end up with a lot more games like this this season as we're up against better quality. 

As a thought, why not play Alfie through the middle and get him to hold up the ball in an area that could hurt the opposition rather than out on the wing. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Away we just need to do plan A better. In terms of moving the ball and creating last night we were really good. The final pass and finishing were not up to our usual standard. Absolutely no fear if that is the standard we are up against. 

4 hours ago, North West said:

Yeah, with their wee pals fae St Mirren and Shefffield makes them both exotic and double hard as f**k likes. 

Good Falkirk lad scored the first for Forfar tonight - Forfar 😂😂😂😂😂

Think it’s been covered but a bit unlucky with hitting the woodwork three times and wasteful with another couple of chances. Thought we were slack up front and maybe not picking the right ball at times. Credit to Ayr had a go and looked to have improved with a few decent acquisitions. A draw would have been a fair result, but take this on the chin without to many hang ups.

7 hours ago, North West said:

Yeah, with their wee pals fae St Mirren and Shefffield makes them both exotic and double hard as f**k likes. 

Middle aged person with their Username based on an Ultra Group who swears a lot and uses aggressive language to appear ‘hard as f**k likes’ slags off teenage Ultra’s for being ‘hard as f**k likes’ 🤔.

2 hours ago, BPM said:

Away we just need to do plan A better. In terms of moving the ball and creating last night we were really good. The final pass and finishing were not up to our usual standard. Absolutely no fear if that is the standard we are up against. 

as I said, in the first half we were brilliant and could easily have been out of sight but the game changed at half time and we created very few real chances in the 2nd half. No team can just keep doing the same thing and hope to get the breakthrough when Ayr clearly had us sussed out in that 2nd half. As for 'if that's the standard', that 'standard' was a step up from last season and yes they rode their luck in the first half but they won the game and should have scored a second last night and that's all that matters in football.

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Middle aged person with their Username based on an Ultra Group who swears a lot and uses aggressive language to appear ‘hard as f**k likes’ slags off teenage Ultra’s for being ‘hard as f**k likes’ 🤔.

No sleep last night M8?

Nothing more to be said: we were the better team in the first half, but they scored with what from my distance looked like a bit of a lucky goal. I’m still not convinced that Dowds has much going for him other than strength. A big worry is that people will turn very quickly when things go wrong. I sat in front of someone who moaned constantly second half , shouting at McGlynn and I was expecting boos from him  at the end. We need to realise we’re not going to win every game this year.

Edited by Roboccop

I thought we did ok. We were obviously unlucky on a number of occasions. I though Spencer was slightly off his game, but that's going to happen, everyone can have a bit of an off day.

Referee was absolutely atrocious. 

Ayr looked ok, I think we'd have taken them had we our full strength team. 

Not overly impressed with Sneddon, looked a bit shaky and Hendo doing his nut at him for not coming out early in the game I think set the tone.

Adams again looking like he's been playing at this level for years.

Definitely optimistic but agree there will be the usual people turning quickly, we are not going to go unbeaten again and the fans need to stick together. The work done repairing the bond has been incredible and I'd hate to see that turn with a few below par (pardon the pun - f**k them!) performances.

In McGlynn I trust.

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I thought we did ok. We were obviously unlucky on a number of occasions. I though Spencer was slightly off his game, but that's going to happen, everyone can have a bit of an off day.

Referee was absolutely atrocious. 

Ayr looked ok, I think we'd have taken them had we our full strength team. 

Not overly impressed with Sneddon, looked a bit shaky and Hendo doing his nut at him for not coming out early in the game I think set the tone.

Adams again looking like he's been playing at this level for years.

Definitely optimistic but agree there will be the usual people turning quickly, we are not going to go unbeaten again and the fans need to stick together. The work done repairing the bond has been incredible and I'd hate to see that turn with a few below par (pardon the pun - f**k them!) performances.

In McGlynn I trust.

Pretty good summary I think. Our failure to find a decent goalie recently is a worry. I don't think Hogarth and Long were good enough last season and initial look at Sneddon suggests back up at best.

Maybe spoiled as for years we seemed to pick up a belter of a keeper at will but that could be the difference of a few points a season which could separate 3rd from 6th. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

... Keeper's absolutely got to save that and to make matters worse Stone looks to have had a stormer of a game. ...

Benefit of the doubt that Hendo's positioning made Sneddon hesitant and neither of them took control.

If you were being harsh then Adams wasn't central enough hence the mismatch which ended up with Spencer and Dowds competing for the ball.

It's going to happen and best it happens now than the league.

Watching the highlights back the goal really is a bit of a mess. For some reason Mackie is chasing the ball in the middle of the park which leaves Henderson with a 3 on 1 at the back post. 

Spencer clocks the danger and tries to get back but can't quite get round to cover. Tbf it looks like the cross takes a deflection which loops it up in the air making it difficult to defend.

The goalkeeper should definitely save it and presumably the sort of error Partick fans warned us about 

As I said the performance was the most important thing and having now seen Ayr and with Dunfermline, Morton, Hamilton & Queens Park fans in various stages of meltdown over the state of their respective squads we should be aiming for at least 5th. 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

I never thought we'd be accused of being "hammer throwers🤨 - Quite pleasing to see we've rattled a few of them 😁

I get the impression some opposing fans think we're here to make up the numbers 🫤

Edited by Blame Me
Incorrect usage