The Falkirk FC Thread

40 minutes ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

Allan away to Clyde on loan. Shame we didn't get him out on a perm.

Still need a striker and CH.

Why do we need a CH? 

Can’t see this happening but I see Todorov has left Airdrie and now we’ve announce Allan away. He would suit our style but I can’t see it happening 

3 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Can’t see this happening but I see Todorov has left Airdrie and now we’ve announce Allan away. He would suit our style but I can’t see it happening 

I thought this too. It's possible, I don't imagine Airdrie were paying him much more than we were paying Allan. Fits McGlynn's profile for a strong physical central striker.

3 minutes ago, Old Bob said:

I thought this too. It's possible, I don't imagine Airdrie were paying him much more than we were paying Allan. Fits McGlynn's profile for a strong physical central striker.

Would be crazy signing Todorov. Far too similar to Maciver.

Todorov would fit our style but I'd imagine he's already lined up to go elsewhere, Allan only going out on loan probably means we'll only have funds for a loan signing anyway.

Bobby Wales/Zak Lovelace would do.

49 minutes ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Bit of a joke signing by McGlynn. Not on Allan's part, not much he can do. Allan probably most natural finisher but does not fit McGylnns system at all. Will be interesting to see who his replacement is. 

His one complete brain fart as our manager. Abysmal signing. But that’s been his only one, a much better record than most 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Away on loan for the season, he apparently had permanent offers on the table for QOTS and Inverness so presumably Clyde must be picking up the bulk or all of his wages for Falkirk to accept they’re loan offer. 

Would doubt the wages part. He'll still be training with us. A 50/50 split on the wages at most

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Starting line-up at Edinburgh City in the 2-2 game?

Doesn't matter what anyone says he made a right hunt of it that day. We got lucky that day. There was no respect shown that day.

Edited by Hartleys18/19Army

16 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

Would doubt the wages part. He'll still be training with us. A 50/50 split on the wages at most

Well, recent comments on the Clyde forum suggested we were holding out for 100%.

And with QotS & ICT interested in a permanent signing, there’s every chance it’ll be 100%. This leaves more scope for us to bring someone in.

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Can we help you?

Unlikely.

However, regarding the original point, there are plenty of Championship players that would walk in your starting 11. I don’t need to tell you who, you’ll find that out soon enough…

From what I’ve heard from our end, I think we will be paying most, if not all, Allan’s wages. It’s been in the works for a while, so us Clyde fans are certainly pleased to get it over the line.

35 minutes ago, Replays said:

From what I’ve heard from our end, I think we will be paying most, if not all, Allan’s wages. It’s been in the works for a while, so us Clyde fans are certainly pleased to get it over the line.

Why not a transfer then?

2 hours ago, FK1Bairn said:

Doubt that, club wouldn’t have allowed the loan move in that case if QOTS / Inverness were looking to take him permanently. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.