The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

McGlynn on BBC Scotland later apparently.

No-one is discussing the foul on MacIver in the box in the first half that was ignored by the ref. I was a long way from it and the highlights don't show it, anyone closer to give an opinion?

OK -  there are about to be two more signed copies of the Untouchables Book about to be put up as prizes (Falkirk Daft already gave one away) to raise funds for the club. The FSS will have one and the other will be the Equity Bairns. Both managers and 14 players have signed it (only 5 copies were signed in this way). So keep an eye out for the competitions.

I understand there are only c. 60 copies left for sale in the shop or online.

I believe the ref was quite close to it? Wonder what his opinion was?

From BBC

Holders Rangers host Dundee, while Celtic welcome Championship side Falkirk, who shocked Hearts 1-0 in the last 16.

Think VAR must have chopped off a goal when the draw was being made. At least the Sun gave us a 3 nil win

13 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

From BBC

Holders Rangers host Dundee, while Celtic welcome Championship side Falkirk, who shocked Hearts 1-0 in the last 16.

Think VAR must have chopped off a goal when the draw was being made. At least the Sun gave us a 3 nil win

Aberdeen Live gave Hearts in the draw, How hard is it to get a score right?

38 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Hoping we get a decent allocation. Is there still a 5% rule in place for away allocation?

I think clubs have had around 2,000 from Celtic for cup ties depending on the circumstances so hopefully we can push for at least that number.

1 minute ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Problem with new recruits is who to drop? We already have a group of players good enough to start sitting on the bench. Who would have thought that 2 years ago?

I don’t think anyone is talking about dropping someone. Every single player has been outstanding and deserves their place. It’s more about depth. One could argue, that we technically only have 2 registered centre half’s on our books, with one being out injured long term. I think a signing in that department makes sense. Also frees up Hendo to move into midfield, if we got an injury. 

Just now, Big chungus said:

I don’t think anyone is talking about dropping someone. Every single player has been outstanding and deserves their place. It’s more about depth. One could argue, that we technically only have 2 registered centre half’s on our books, with one being out injured long term. I think a signing in that department makes sense. Also frees up Hendo to move into midfield, if we got an injury. 

Thought Finn Yeats filled in the midfield brilliantly on Saturday. You can see it is his natural position. Agree about CH though. We have two full backs who could fill in but it is a bit risky

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Thought Finn Yeats filled in the midfield brilliantly on Saturday. You can see it is his natural position. Agree about CH though. We have two full backs who could fill in but it is a bit risky

Yeah Finn done a great a job and is more than a capable replacement in the midfield. Also puts pressure on tait and Spencer to maintain their form. 

I'd be happy to see most of this money banked to be honest, extensions and a loan deal or 2 and then building up our rainy day fund. There has been a lot of chatter about clubs running out of cash left and tight lately, given we don't have one big rich guy having a few hundred grand in the bank could come in handy. 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Quick (probably wrong) maths.

No official attendance announced but think there was about 50k in today v Hibs at £25 an adult. There’ll be about the same in for us hopefully and the price will most likely be the same. Accounting for concessions that’ll be £1m divided by 2 so 500k gross. Then the fabled “expenses” come in, but the tv pick means an extra £30k? Plus quarter final losers is £40k more than last 16 losers. I’d say we’ll maybe get a £400-450k boost to the bank account from the tie  

It is way way more complicated than that. 
Sometimes you get all the cash for your fans. Sponsor freebees have to come off, free tickets (players comps etc.) Less VAT less 15% to the home team, less VAR costs , less, less, less. 
If there is 50,000 there best guest is 250k tops IMO. Money not budgeted but not quite as good as it looks from raw numbers. Gives the Board plenty of headroom all the same to support contract extensions, loans and rainy day money. 

1 hour ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Here you go - apparently 15% is the agreed expenses so I got my cynical point wrong.

10 Admission Charges and Shares of Gates 10.1 Subject to Regulation 10.4, in all rounds of the Competition, excluding the Semi Finals and Final Round, the Board Minimum Recommended Prices of Ground Admission or the actual minimum admission price, whichever is the greater for adults, juveniles and senior citizens shall, after deducting 15% by the Home Club, be divided equally between the two Clubs participating in each Match. Prior to the commencement of the Competition in each Season, the Board shall fix the Minimum Recommended Prices of Ground Admission or if the Board does not so fix the Minimum Recommended Prices of Ground Admission same shall be deemed to be those which applied in the immediately preceding Competition. Unless and until altered by the Board the Minimum Recommended Prices of Ground Admission shall be as stated below. The share of admission money in terms of this Regulation must be paid to the Visiting Club within ten days of the date of the relevant Match. Any Club failing to pay, detail or return as before provided, or any Club or club failing immediately to report non-payments of receipts due to it, shall be dealt with as the Board may think fit. 10.2 Where Clubs/clubs in different divisions and/or Recognise

Love you Pablo but no way I’m reading all that. 

Out Tomorrow…

🎙️EP:93 SIPPING EWEN CAMERON’S TEARS

🔵 Review the League Cup win over Hearts with Bairns fan @richard_lindsay 🏆
⚪️ Sammy returns! 🇹🇹
🔵 Ross MacIver extension ✍🏻
⚪️ Preview Partick Thistle (H) with David from @DrawLoseOrDraw podcast 🇧🇪
🔵 Latest FFC news including LIVE reaction to the QF draw 🗞️

Sponsors 🤝🏼
Falkirk FFIT T8’s & Behind The Wall

FB40140A-DBF0-41BD-A591-8D69BD4A94DB.thumb.jpeg.78336da02f8e1a32751d53b653e1181e.jpeg

Edited by RC55 FFC

This is unbudgeted revenue. I’d think investing in the current squad, via looking at extending those o/o/c in 25, to 26 & identifying/investing in probable targets (Adams, MacIver etc) would be prudent. The squad seem all in it for each other at present, so why not  secure their future. If it stretches to a loan or two to strengthen/better the side all to the good. The league is where our focus should be.

Just hope the experience of playing at a major ground, in front of a large home support doesn’t get to them & they do themselves justice.

Its where they want to be playing regularly anyway.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

From BBC

Ah! These things always even themselves out over the course of a season…….

It’s a massive occasion for these players who have blended into a one hellava close knit group. Every single player giving it their all, and the scenes at the second goal, I haven’t witnessed for a long bloody time. MCGlynn will absolutely play this game down, as weve got so many bigger games this season. 
Looking forward to the game, but the Partick game can’t come quick enough. 

Echoing points already made and we should be wise & prudent with this unbudgeted money. Would like to see contracts expiring in June 25 extended to June 26, with maybe a loan or two coming in to bolster the squad cover. Ideally should have left over cash for general operating costs and rainy day fund. The way the Club's been run up to now, I'd wager the BOD are already ticking the boxes, dotting the I's and crossing the T's. They've earned it. I'd also bet we're taking the Challenge Cup seriously too with £100K for winning it.

Edited by GunnerBairn

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Does anyone out there think we should even throw a fiver in the Pars collection bucket?

Come on Harry, you’re better than posts like this. Let’s not get too smug!!