The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Adams isn’t out of contract 

Correct but he is an assest and having him tied down for even longer than 2026 would put us in a strong position when clubs come calling.

7 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I think re-signings will be Miller, Nesbitt and maybe Alfie

For me that’s the players I’d get their current deals extended. I agree that Alfie (in the minutes he’s played) looks  slightly better balance and not the pin ball he’s sometimes known for. Looks a lot leaner and hope he stays. 

Good to hear that the board have made funds available to Mcglynn but he wants to use it on extending contracts. Fair play. As a fan, new signings get you excited but if Mcglynn does not want to upset the balance in the dressing room then I am definitely not going to criticise that. Hopefully, we can keep some key players fit and we should be fine. See where we are in January and assess the situation from there. 

Edited by Big chungus

11 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Ayr adding a couple more tonight 💰💰. If we manage to keep pace in any way this season with them Mcglynn deserves the freedom of the town 

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

19 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Weirdly I would worry about a new signing. I wouldn't want any of the current playing 16 or so to lose their place or feel unsettled. 

I know injuries can play a part but that aside I wouldn't want a new player in this team.

Or, alternatively, myriad professionals will tell you that they welcome a new signing, relish the increased competition for places that force them to maintain or up their own performance levels, and recognise the possibility that strengthening the squad actually improves their chances of success, on both a personal and collective level. I'd be far worried if anyone in our squad felt the level of threat induced by a new arrival that you seem to implying. 

We've moved up a level. We're playing against a markedly better standard of opposition than we've been used to in the previous five years. New players arriving and threatening the position of someone already at the club is just part and parcel of football. Feeling "unsettled" does not come into it unfortunately, players either deal with it or fall by the wayside. 

There's nothing so far to suggest we cannot have another vey productive season, but I do not think our squad is anywhere near big enough as it stands, especially set against that of some other clubs. If there is any money available, I'd have liked to have seen it used to deepen and strengthen the squad, new contracts three league games into a season seems totally unnecessary.

Not sure the closure of the window says much about our further transfer business anyway tbh.

Any further incoming was always likely to be a loan and there is still time to bring one in. I do think another striker should be a priority as it’s the position where 1 injury would cause big issues.

7 hours ago, Super Simon said:

Or, alternatively, myriad professionals will tell you that they welcome a new signing, relish the increased competition for places 

They are lying. They absolutely don't (well they may do except in their position)

I'm pretty sure Kieran Tierney came out with that lie when Arsenal signed Zinchenko. 

He sat on the bench for a season and f**ked off on loan. I guarantee he was pissed off when Arsenal signed a direct replacement for him.

You really need to separate out what professional players say because it looks good, against what they actually think. Very naive.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did Brown not have a similar approach at Fleetwood where he signed loads of players in every window ?

No idea 

3 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

They are lying. They absolutely don't (well they may do except in their position)

I'm pretty sure Kieran Tierney came out with that lie when Arsenal signed Zinchenko. 

He sat on the bench for a season and f**ked off on loan. I guarantee he was pissed off when Arsenal signed a direct replacement for him.

You really need to separate out what professional players say because it looks good, against what they actually think. Very naive.

I think this is way off the mark just as the other side of the arguement is. Players are conditioned that they will be dumped at any given moment if a manager finds someone better than them. That is what drives players to perform. Whether a manager has a player in his squad or not they know that is what happens in the game. Players coming or going matter little to them.