The Falkirk FC Thread

52 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

@Springfield it's a conundrum. 

Clearly there is disposable income, the fans want on-field success but aren't heeding the request for additional funding in great enough numbers. 

I don't envy the person who is charged with squaring that circle.

I don’t think fans aren’t putting additional funding in to the club- we have STs and PATG well up, hospitality consistently sold out, sponsorship increasing and retail sales at record levels.

For a multitude of reasons, the vast majority of fans aren’t wanting to do that via the FSS. I think we have to accept that and look at what else can be done.

After my Facebook profile was doxed last week by somebody who had also harassed me with unsolicited and intrusive messages as well as antagonistic posts I was told to take legal advice. It arrived this morning and for the benefit of us all, just in case any us experience this in the future, I share a summary of it here. 

The internet should be safe for us all to express our views and agree, or disagree. Even if they are unpopular. Being targeted is an unsettling and disturbing experience. On the advice of my lawyer I have deleted my Facebook account and redacted their letter to ensure there are no distinguishable details put on the internet. The legal advice was also to give no details about what happened, or comment further than this extract below.

image.png.c51bfe11080c93678b7d1db7e51e1aa1.png

18 minutes ago, kiddy said:

That is mad! Absolutely zero atmosphere.

IMG_6324.jpeg

Highly doubt they take the expected atmosphere into consideration when choosing which games to show; every team will be getting two home fixtures on TV as usual, so it'll purely be based on what and when's convenient for them.

1 minute ago, Zanetti said:

Highly doubt they take the expected atmosphere into consideration when choosing which games to show; every team will be getting two home fixtures on TV as usual, so it'll purely be based on what and when's convenient for them.

And which ones include the Navy Blue 😎

6 hours ago, Latapy is god said:

100%.  We've been told a lot of frogs heads would be getting kissed for quite time now though.

These things take time. People don’t just rock up and agree deals in 5 minutes. I would much prefer we took our time, got the right investor/s and the right deal. Much better that than take the first offer on the table. Let’s not forget Mark Campbell and some of those on the Board only willing to take the cash that suited them and not FFC. Patience is a virtue 

1 hour ago, AJ1981 said:

After my Facebook profile was doxed last week by somebody who had also harassed me with unsolicited and intrusive messages as well as antagonistic posts I was told to take legal advice. It arrived this morning and for the benefit of us all, just in case any us experience this in the future, I share a summary of it here. 

The internet should be safe for us all to express our views and agree, or disagree. Even if they are unpopular. Being targeted is an unsettling and disturbing experience. On the advice of my lawyer I have deleted my Facebook account and redacted their letter to ensure there are no distinguishable details put on the internet. The legal advice was also to give no details about what happened, or comment further than this extract below.

Hope the bstard is nailed 

You only have to look at the mess ICT are now in because of utter charlatans running their club to see why fan ownership is so important.  1.5 to 1.6 million they need to just get through the season and yet they were still signing players on Monday. Utter shambles they are in now having been held up as an example of how all clubs should be run by the media only a few years back.

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

Friday night for the Queen’s Park game is shite. Ruins a good day out in Glasgow. What happened to the evening Saturday ko’s we had last year? Much better slot 

Last season all the Championship games were on Friday nights while the League One games were on Saturday evening so this season is just following the same time slots.

Take five and read this. How on earth they are trading is beyond belief.

Inverness CT

In a letter, the club told shareholders: "We need to accept the reality of the situation that with debt by May 2025 likely to be £1.4-£1.6m to cover cash loss, potential claims and back log creditors and a balance sheet standing at negative £3.8m by the financial year end in May 2025, finding a credible buyer is highly aspirational."

3 hours ago, AJ1981 said:

I totally agree, noone should be taking someone else’s profile picture and applying it elsewhere. 

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Take five and read this. How on earth they are trading is beyond belief.

Inverness CT

In a letter, the club told shareholders: "We need to accept the reality of the situation that with debt by May 2025 likely to be £1.4-£1.6m to cover cash loss, potential claims and back log creditors and a balance sheet standing at negative £3.8m by the financial year end in May 2025, finding a credible buyer is highly aspirational."

I remember watching as a neutral when Inverness Caley played a cuptie against someone at Brockville in the 1980s / early 90s. I think it might have been Stirling Albion though I can't remember what the reason was for the game being played there.  

It kind of hurts to think that ICT rose from nothing, will probably soon return to nothing, and yet in between denied us a Scottish Cup win. 😪 

My view on clubs that achieve cups wins/league wins etc etc by spending money they don’t have is, they are plain and simply cheating.  I don’t have much sympathy for any of them and if they go to the wall so be it. Feel sorry for fans who bought into the lie but the level some of these clubs get to on the crowds they get, I’m not sure how they think it’s going to end.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

My view on clubs that achieve cups wins/league wins etc etc by spending money they don’t have is, they are plain and simply cheating.  I don’t have much sympathy for any of them and if they go to the wall so be it. Feel sorry for fans who bought into the lie but the level some of these clubs get to on the crowds they get, I’m not sure how they think it’s going to end.

They'll shaft the vast majority of creditors and then carry on and in a couple of seasons be back playing at a decent level again. Clubs should have to pay every penny off before being allowed to continue in the spfl instead of just football debt 

1 minute ago, Shodwall cat said:

They'll shaft the vast majority of creditors and then carry on and in a couple of seasons be back playing at a decent level again. Clubs should have to pay every penny off before being allowed to continue in the spfl instead of just football debt 

100% agree, I may be wrong but I’m sure us and Celtic are the only Scottish clubs who have previously paid off all debts. Certain clubs have done it time and again and the authorities do heehaw about it. 

59 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I remember watching as a neutral when Inverness Caley played a cuptie against someone at Brockville in the 1980s / early 90s. I think it might have been Stirling Albion though I can't remember what the reason was for the game being played there.  

It kind of hurts to think that ICT rose from nothing, will probably soon return to nothing, and yet in between denied us a Scottish Cup win. 😪 

Stirling's opponents had the option of a neutral venue due to Annfield's plastic pitch. I was also there & I think the final score was something like 6-2 to Stirling.