The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Complete the stadium with covered terracing. and have a nod to Brockville with the names of the turnstiles where the vocal fans always went lining one side of the pitch

Simon Stainrod Barmy Army Section, Choir Section, Houstie Hardcore Section.

Would the Ultras go there? why not ask them.

They stand anyway in their groups of friends and once exposed to the atmosphere created by being able to move about or claim your regular spot, crush barrier it should be a winner. As for capacity? how many Ultras are there? add on a % for fan growth. Jobs a good one with the depth of terracing to cope. That would free up the KMS for how can I put it - the more sedate fans. Increase capacity and should be a winner for the fans and the club solving the issue of empty seats. Would also be base to built an Ayr hybrid style stand seating, hospitality when finances allow.

How much would it cost to build a terrace though? I have no idea. 

You seem to be in the know with this kind of thing, hardcore in fact.

6 hours ago, WHW said:

Aye, think cos all the ultras cram into the one section it leaves the rest of the stand looking as if it’s not sold out, even though it is.

The club could easily confirm if this is the case by analysing how many have physically scanned through the turnstile for each home game. That data will be stored for each turnstile. 

21 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The club could easily confirm if this is the case by analysing how many have physically scanned through the turnstile for each home game. That data will be stored for each turnstile. 

I believe the club are reviewing this exact data at the moment to determine if anything needs done about under 12 STs that are being 'bought' and not used 

I don't imagine it's a big problem though. There must be 1-200 extra fans in the ultras section and maybe 2-300 empty seats across the rest of the stand. Which makes sense if maybe 100 season ticket holders can't make it, ideally these would all be resold but for example I ended up missing the Livingston game last minute 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Do you happen to know what the situation is with parking behind the KM stand? I know there's a lot of disabled parking there but don't think the full car park is for disabled folk? I would imagine that it would be a bit easier to get out of there at the end of the game too.

That’s permit too yeah 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

How much would it cost to build a terrace though? I have no idea. 

You seem to be in the know with this kind of thing, hardcore in fact.

Not at all! just a suggestion to address the situation regarding the success of the Ultras, empty seats, increasing capacity and bringing some sort of completion to the stadium.

Costs well that is for the custodians of the club to ascertain, its the cheaper option for one and addresses the issue above that many are talking about on the forum. Nice one regarding the 'hardcore' by the way missed that.

Are the Rawlings still involved with the club? If so, I take it they are just shareholders and do the square root of hee haw. Other than the Greaves sports, I can't think of anything offhand they have added to the club.

25 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Are the Rawlings still involved with the club? If so, I take it they are just shareholders and do the square root of hee haw. Other than the Greaves sports, I can't think of anything offhand they have added to the club.

No, gone since 2021 (I think after THAT meeting, you could hear the tires of the car screeching as they sped off)

19 Apr 2022 Cessation of Carrie Ann Rawlins as a person with significant control on 6 December 2021
19 Apr 2022 Cessation of Philip Norman Rawlins as a person with significant control on 6 December 2021

Going back to the Mark Campbell fiasco, a colleague of mine is from Taranto. He asked me about him, as he felt it was time that good things happened to his team after 50 years.

Following our conversation, I could hear several animated conversations with relatives back home with Italian words for "fraud", "conman" as well as references to mafia money.

It's quite interesting how critical and investigative the press has been over there with this clown, yet most of the things in our press were about how we were on the brink of rescue, with great times ahead (despite aforementioned clown not having two brass farthings to rub together)

20 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

It's quite interesting how critical and investigative the press has been over there...

I think they are as in the dark as we were. I do detect a healthy dose of scepticism from the Italian press instead of the lip-service the Scottish tabloids reporting was.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

Think they are probably still the 3rd largest shareholder behind the fan lead FSS and Patrons groups but have no representation on the board, no active involvement and are living in the USA. They seemed to loose interest pretty quickly, reading between the lines I bet if they could sell they’re shareholding they’d do it in a second, get they’re cash back and bolt. The positive in all that however is the club has been on an upward trajectory both on and off the park since the fans took control, the Rawlins headed for the hills and we removed the rest of the previous regime running the club. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not at all! just a suggestion to address the situation regarding the success of the Ultras, empty seats, increasing capacity and bringing some sort of completion to the stadium.

Costs well that is for the custodians of the club to ascertain, its the cheaper option for one and addresses the issue above that many are talking about on the forum. Nice one regarding the 'hardcore' by the way missed that.

Is terracing even allowed in the premier League? 

I get the sort of nostalgia idea of something like that but it would obviously be a no go if we couldn't use it if we got promoted. 

1 minute ago, GMBairn said:

Is terracing even allowed in the premier League

It’s only European competition where all seater stands must be used hence safe standing having a fold out chair for European use.

24 minutes ago, 101 said:

It’s only European competition where all seater stands must be used hence safe standing having a fold out chair for European use.

Well then, clearly old school terrace is a no-go for the #NBJ

1 hour ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

No, gone since 2021 (I think after THAT meeting, you could hear the tires of the car screeching as they sped off)

19 Apr 2022 Cessation of Carrie Ann Rawlins as a person with significant control on 6 December 2021
19 Apr 2022 Cessation of Philip Norman Rawlins as a person with significant control on 6 December 2021

That doesn’t mean they don’t have any ongoing interest - just they don’t have a controlling stake.

57 minutes ago, 101 said:

Excuse my ignorance on this.  Is that just Scotland? If so is there a reason for it?   From my (admittedly foggy) memory i thought all seaters came in because of Hillsborough? Taylor Report maybe?   Are we saying even England now has safe standing areas?(again this is probably my ignorance!).  I do recall something about Spurs having it? 

If so its beggars belief that there's this plus we still can't have a drink grounds when everyone else can.   I know the argument is why do you want to?(plus footage from some of the English concourses is enough to put you off) but I think it just irks me that because of a Cup Final between the ar*e cheeks 40 years ago we can't...

@fuzzydunlop this is because the average Scottish football fan is demonised by the police and a second thought to the SPFL.

Having any of the things you mention would mean treating Scottish fans with respect and moving our game on.

Both of which aren't in the interests of either.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Think they are probably still the 3rd largest shareholder behind the fan lead FSS and Patrons groups but have no representation on the board, no active involvement and are living in the USA. They seemed to loose interest pretty quickly, reading between the lines I bet if they could sell they’re shareholding they’d do it in a second, get they’re cash back and bolt. The positive in all that however is the club has been on an upward trajectory both on and off the park since the fans took control, the Rawlins headed for the hills and we removed the rest of the previous regime running the club. 

34 minutes ago, Disco Duck said:

That doesn’t mean they don’t have any ongoing interest - just they don’t have a controlling stake.

That's the thing, my take on it is with Deans and Co there they must have thought they were onto a good thing and be able to show their "expertise" either that it was part of a stitch up for the club, the fact it took till Dec/Jan time for them to do Due diligence on Mark Campbell.

just seems to be a bit of a weird one what did they want out of us and why us ?