The Falkirk FC Thread

Ever think young players sign for us, sign new contracts because they know the club won't stand in their way?

Maybe the next McGrandles, might sign for us on the basis of getting first team football and a the chance of the big move.

The major issue I feel is that Houston despite working as a head scout, seems to signing generic players from other Scottish clubs, Freed players from Mid ranking Scottish clubs. Not saying they aren't decent. Just thought he would have been able to cast his net a bit further afield and picked up a hidden gem.

I think its really poor show we didn't have any players lined up before McGrandles was sold, if the rumours of Gardyne and Graham are true, Think they might drive a harder bargain now.

I've got to be honest and say I don't think McGrandles is as good as he's being made out to be. He's clearly a good young player, but I can't say I've seen enough to suggest he'll be an International - unlike Kingsley for example, who I'm almost certain will be. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

If it is indeed 1 million, we'd be insane not to accept. Still, I'd be surprised if it was even half that value.

Ever think young players sign for us, sign new contracts because they know the club won't stand in their way?

Maybe the next McGrandles, might sign for us on the basis of getting first team football and a the chance of the big move.

The major issue I feel is that Houston despite working as a head scout, seems to signing generic players from other Scottish clubs, Freed players from Mid ranking Scottish clubs. Not saying they aren't decent. Just thought he would have been able to cast his net a bit further afield and picked up a hidden gem.

I think its really poor show we didn't have any players lined up before McGrandles was sold, if the rumours of Gardyne and Graham are true, Think they might drive a harder bargain now.

Really? You having a go at Houston for this cluster fcuk of a BOD decision to sell our best player and not give the manager a competitive budget to go and find " hidden gems" from afar? Fcuk me...

If the stories are true and the fee could be close to £1M then we have to take it, dont we?????? We have to put faith in the people involved in the Academy set up as has been proved with Arfield, Wallace, Fulton, Kingsley and now looking like McGrandles.........

If the stories are true and the fee could be close to £1M then we have to take it, dont we?????? We have to put faith in the people involved in the Academy set up as has been proved with Arfield, Wallace, Fulton, Kingsley and now looking like McGrandles.........

The people that found these kids are all gone, so is the academy set up. I'm not saying we won't bring any players through but not in the scale of the last 4 years we won't. The cupboard is getting bare and then where will we be?

Had we not had these players coming through we'd be out of the game by now IMO, part time club at very best. These directors that think they're doing a cracking job would have buried us.

What was the first thing that they chopped when the cost cutting started? The academy, aye fcukin sure I'm not putting my faith in them.

Didn't Stevie May move for £800K? Fucking bite the hand off anyone offering £1M.

Anyone questioning the board or players motives when an English Championship side comes in needs their head examined. Get a sell on clause in place pronto.

This. As long as we've got a sell on clause, along the lines of McCarthy, I'm happy to sell. How can we seriously do anything else?

I've got to be honest and say I don't think McGrandles is as good as he's being made out to be. He's clearly a good young player, but I can't say I've seen enough to suggest he'll be an International - unlike Kingsley for example, who I'm almost certain will be. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

If it is indeed 1 million, we'd be insane not to accept. Still, I'd be surprised if it was even half that value.

I will be disappointed if he does go,but feel at the moment Houstie isn't playing him in his most effective position,where the full plaudits for him come in. He has improved year in year out and can only imagine like Kingsley,he is fully focused on being the best he can. I think what sets him up on Kingsley is his position and also has shown to be superb at right back.

If the money is £1m, I don't think any club in Scotland could or would turn that down, there really is anyone to point the finger at, just get add ons in on the fee, cause if he continues to improve like he has, he won't be at his next club long

Mcgrandles should be our first million pound player but knowing our board it will be around 500k plus 'add ons' the only add on I want to see is a 25% sell on fee.

with almost no exceptions over that last - what, maybe 30 years? - our BoD have consistently sold the club short over getting real value from our player sales. Sadly the norm has amounted to them spraying their y-fronts over the first offer that comes in rather than playing hard-to-get, and certainly not sorting out sensible add-on clauses. I wouldn't hold out much hope they'll get the club the right deal for Conor either.

ah well. Be really interesting to see how - and how quickly - he progresses next. His development over the last couple of seasons since he first appeared has been great to watch. Best of luck, lad.

And best of luck to Houstie trying to get 2 or 3 decent new guys signed in what's left of the window.

Watching him recently, particulary in the Sevco game where he stood out like a sore thumb, i thought he was already ready to play at a higher level. I was surprised that no one had put a bid in for him already he just looks so good. I think he'll be worth much more in a few years time. Excellent talent and I wish him all the best.

Mcgrandles should never have been sold disgrace no matter what the fee, he was our best player by far and he was only going to get better he signed a new contract at the start of the season its way to late on in the transfer window for us to bring players in and we won't find a player as good as conor. Fuming he should have been our first £1million pound player and we should be the ones setting the fee just like hamilton did with mcarthy and dundee united did with robertson.

Mcgrandles should never have been sold disgrace no matter what the fee, he was our best player by far and he was only going to get better he signed a new contract at the start of the season its way to late on in the transfer window for us to bring players in and we won't find a player as good as conor. Fuming he should have been our first £1million pound player and we should be the ones setting the fee just like hamilton did with mcarthy and dundee united did with robertson.

Welcome to the 21st century

Welcome to the 21st century

and...

'have you met our BoD?'