The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

I'm not so sure, enough crosses yes but in terms of actual chances there wasn't many. Took a howler from their keeper for us to go infront and a howler from our keeper to level the game. 

It was chances galore at the start of the game but then it became cross, cross, cross and eventually possession/see the game out which we failed to do today.  

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Hardly heads gone. That’s two bang average performances in a row. If it wasn’t for Hogarth’s big saves last week , we’d have drawn/lost that too. All it takes is for a couple of draws and Hamilton wins (like today ) and it’s opened up again. 3 away games in a row too to some difficult places.

Exactly. Two point swing to Accies today. That’s just fact. 

To avoid “heads gone” territory though, it’s still looking good.

We really are making more of a meal of this closing out the league than we need to. 

Why on earth drop Hogarth who played well last week?

Why drop Henderson, when every time we do we drop points? Rotate only when the game is won.

19 chances again today and only 1 taken. We really do need a composed finisher next season. I know we've scored a lot of goals across lots of players but it's days like today you need a proper finisher.

The only times we drop points and struggle are when we are trying to appease everyone in the squad. Be RUTHLESS with the best starting 11 every time!

Frustrating one and this switching of goalies is mind boggling. But in the end we need 13 points to win the league and have plenty room for some draws to get there. Unbeaten run continues  

Thought we started pretty well to be honest but didn't take any chances - Miller and McCann were brilliant down that left side. After that we were pretty poor. Annan were always going to be happy with crosses into the box considering they had 3 centre halfs on.

McIver has been brilliant this season but today I thought highlighted his limitations. Anyway, not too arsed considering Long will be away and we are still unbeaten in March and on course to win the league by a canter.

Willie Gibson is a p***k.

Thought we were very wasteful (which despite our success we have been most of the season), first half especially. Was just one of those days where the ball always fell to an Annan defender and we didn't switch it up enough.

Need to improve on that against tougher opposition and the rat b*****d midweek.

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

We really are making more of a meal of this closing out the league than we need to. 

Why on earth drop Hogarth who played well last week?

Why drop Henderson, when every time we do we drop points? Rotate only when the game is won.

19 chances again today and only 1 taken. We really do need a composed finisher next season. I know we've scored a lot of goals across lots of players but it's days like today you need a proper finisher.

The only times we drop points and struggle are when we are trying to appease everyone in the squad. Be RUTHLESS with the best starting 11 every time!

I agree- I like Maciver but we will be made to pay in the championship if he continues to miss so many chances. We will need a better option there imo.

When all the glory seekers start to turn up then you are bound to get an element who don’t support the team through thick and thin. We want them to come but they are going to be more fickle. 

2 minutes ago, Jimmy1876 said:

Frustrating one and this switching of goalies is mind boggling. But in the end we need 13 points to win the league and have plenty room for some draws to get there. Unbeaten run continues  

Plenty of room for draws , I agree with you but not a home game v Annan when we have away games to Cove and Dumfries coming up.

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm not so sure, enough crosses yes but in terms of actual chances there wasn't many. Took a howler from their keeper for us to go infront and a howler from our keeper to level the game. 

You have had too much beer in hospitality. Loads of chances in the first 20 minutes and plenty 2nd half 

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I agree- I like Maciver but we will be made to pay in the championship if he continues to miss so many chances. We will need a better option there imo.

Add Nesbitt to that list, MacIver put it on a plate for him in the first half.

1 minute ago, BPM said:

You have had too much beer in hospitality. Loads of chances in the first 20 minutes and plenty 2nd half 

I thought second half was a hard watch. 

At the end of the day, we should’ve won the game but there was the odd warning that we might concede  and we did.

I hope Morrison is okay.

5 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

We have won 10 out of the last 11 before today. How much better could we have been?

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

We've been great, but the 4 points to Edinburgh and Annan dropped were completely avoidable. 

It is hardly making a meal of things winning 10 of our previous 11 games - come on 

Edited by BPM

We drew at Edinburgh, got a kick up the arse and went on a winning run. That goal at the death today will have hurt the players and hopefully will be what spurs them on to have this all wrapped up in a few weeks.

1 hour ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Folk have every right to boo that performance. The keeper is dug meat and created very little against them. The last 10 minutes we couldn’t even pass it to each other. As Sir Alex once said “they get plenty praise, so they’ll get the criticism when they deserve it”. 

We could/ should have been 4 or 5 up at half time with the amount of clear chances we created!

Just now, BPM said:

It is hardly making a meal of things winning 10 of our previous 11 games - come on 

I agree - “making a meal” is over-egging it (pun intended) but just recently with today and Kelty (which was a bit ropey) and even almost Hamilton getting back into it in our game with them, we’ve not been quite at our best.

15 minutes ago, BPM said:

“We’ve”

I don’t own shares in them. I only choose paying to watch them. 

I realised I was just a customer back in the days of BtB, when shareholders wouldn’t cover their % of debt/running costs & left it to Eddie Healey to save their investment.

“They’ve”

23 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Hardly heads gone. That’s two bang average performances in a row. If it wasn’t for Hogarth’s big saves last week , we’d have drawn/lost that too. All it takes is for a couple of draws and Hamilton wins (like today ) and it’s opened up again. 3 away games in a row too to some difficult places.

Calm down!