The Falkirk FC Thread

Should have been out of sight in first twenty or so minutes, but against a team who played for every foul and conned the abysmal officials at every opportunity, at least we kept the run going. Never seen McGlynn that hacked off when interviewed after the game, obviously watching his words. Makeshift defence next week, and with no recognised CB pairing, thankfully it’s only for one game. Annans tactics were more suited to a Sundays pub league. 

10 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Bisland proved today why he's not really had a sniff all season, Falkirk dafty of the week. 

Frustrating throwing away a lead late on against them again but the unbeaten run remains. 

MacIver at centre back next week please. Hopefully Hendo's not out for long.

Agree about Bisland and didn’t look interested, one I don’t think anyone will miss. Will McGlynn put Bisland with Mackie? Or possibly use McGinn for his farewell appearance? I’d go for MacIver at CB. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Agree about Bisland and didn’t look interested, one I don’t think anyone will miss. Will McGlynn put Bisland with Mackie? Or possibly use McGinn for his farewell appearance? I’d go for MacIver at CB. 

MacIver did play at CB for Alloa in the playoffs last year. Big call but I think it will be the same back for that finished yesterday. 

14 hours ago, GunnerBairn said:

Agreed, we’ll just need to outscore them and go all out attack. Cal’s chasing SPFL top scorer and we can make a dent towards 100 league goals. Defensively, would McGinn do a job at the back, sweeper? Helluva game in prospect next week and I think Alloa may ease up and rest a bit for their playoffs.

14 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I’d thought this about McGinn as well, looking at the available options who else do we play there if Hendo is out? Bisland played for a bit today but that’s not ideal either. McGinn is probably our best shout. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

We are a very young side now totally lacking in height at the back with Coll, Clubber and Hendo all unavailable. I would be reluctant to move MacIver back to CB as our forward play all hinges on what he brings to the team, especially if Shanley is injured.

If we can’t magic some height out of nowhere in defence, maybe we can substitute some experience and a calming influence at the back instead by having McGinn as our other CB? It’s too big a game to have young Bisland filling in at CB.

If Hamilton can beat Alloa I don't think we have to worry that much 😂😂😂

I said to my mate pre Kelty game I'd take three draws onwards but we are better than that, still would take another draw but it's been circumstances within previous two games that have seen us end up with two draws.

We have a week to work on our defence whoever it maybe, lack of height been mentioned but I don't think Alloa are direct with aerial battles, it's more on the ground

I'd like to see McGinn and Mackie in there, McGinn's experience could prove more worth to us than youthful Bisland whom was to blame for two goals yesterday. FTR I said to my mate pre first penalty that Bisland was having a cracking game.

Let's get it done with a Morrison double or hat-trick...I'm greedy I want top goalscorer in Scotland too 👌👌

Watching sportscene this morning and there is a somewhat similar  situation to last week's coll Donaldson challenge which again results in a red card in the Motherwell v Aberdeen game. All the pundits seem to think that it shouldn't have been a red though which surprised me. In today's game both harsh but intent has no bearing in today's game.

Similar circumstance to big Donaldsons red, watched it a few times, first time it looks a bad one, however slowed down its no where near as bad. The ref broke into a sprint to show the red card, so no doubts from the ref. Listening to Kettlewells after match interview who certainly opposes the decision. 

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Similar circumstance to big Donaldsons red, watched it a few times, first time it looks a bad one, however slowed down its no where near as bad. The ref broke into a sprint to show the red card, so no doubts from the ref. Listening to Kettlewells after match interview who certainly opposes the decision. 

He does stud the boy right in the guts though . Colls one from the camera it's actually difficult to see where he makes contact with him .  In today's game I don't see how you would argue the Motherwell one isn't a red even though like Colls it's harsh as another complete accident. Pundits like Neil McCann  don't seem to ever realise that intent or playing the ball doesn't matter these days  it's all about the result of the players actions which is why the ref red cards him. They criticise the officials for simply doing what they have been told to do.

Imagine it will be the same back 4 that finished the game yesterday, it least McGlynn has a week to work with them in training now. Wouldnt surprise me if we went with a slightly more rigid set up with Tait and Spencer not getting forward as much just to offer a bit more protection. 

177 tickets left for Saturday, 7041 sold 

Alloa have massive games coming up and Saturdays game to them will be don't get injured, booked, sent off and avoid a gubbing.

Falkirk should go cup tie mode from the start get a 2 - 3 goal lead and play out the game.

Our midfield will be crucial in protecting the defence and that means stopping crosses

What a game! can't wait

Really difficult decision for McGlynn to make next week re the defence. McGinn would probably be the best option IF he was fully fit, however I don't see him lasting a full 90 minutes. Does he therefore start with Bisland and bring McGinn on if necessary, hoping that Bisland is up to it and we don't concede too early? Or does he pull MacIver back into defence? Personally, I think I'd start with Bisland with my fingers crossed!

The other decision he's got is whether he starts Long or Hogarth. If we hadn't lost Donaldson and Henderson it would have been easy to play Long to let him say goodbye with one last performance, however, with such a make-shift defence I would prefer Hogarth for some continuity in defence. 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Bobby Wales would have a field day against McGinn at centre back, anyone know what's wrong with Shanley?

This.

As much as McGinns experience and passing would be handy at the back, I think Wales and Steven would target his lack of speed.

Think its going to have to be Bisland with Mackie. We have more to play for, are at home and have more firepower than Alloa, so hoping we simply outscore them as I can see them scoring. If they play Sammon, I'd be okay with Mackie marking him. I'm not sure how much hunger they will have for this game, especially if they go behind early, will want people to stay fit but not injured, try out play off tactics maybe, will be interesting to see how they approach it.

Talking of the Alloa game, only 168 tickets left...and when is the thread getting set up - needs a very good title for the championship winning final game and potential invincibles....

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Bobby Wales would have a field day against McGinn at centre back, anyone know what's wrong with Shanley?

Does him and Stevens not play on the wings? If McCann and Yeats do their jobs we’d be fine. Both Stevens and Wales were subbed at HT yesterday so I see them only playing a half again next Saturday. 

28 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Does him and Stevens not play on the wings? If McCann and Yeats do their jobs we’d be fine. Both Stevens and Wales were subbed at HT yesterday so I see them only playing a half again next Saturday. 

I think they often do, but against cove I thought Wales in particular came through the middle a fair bit. Both seem pretty quick and can cut in too. Don't think Mackie is slow though, so hopefully we'll be fine. As you say can't see them both play the whole game with the play offs immediately after.