The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I’ve noticed from the past two games that Miller & Morrison struggle to impose themselves if we’re playing a team who are set up as a 352/532. Might be something McGlynn needs to adapt to going forward if we’re playing a team who set up like this

Think it's more teams trying their best to minimise the two wingers. Hopefully once Nesbitt comes back into the starting lineup we start to see a bit of a difference from them x 

What a day….again! What a club ✊🏼💙

Bring on the Jambos next Saturday. It’s a free hit but you never know. 

Expect the unexpected etc etc 😂

Every single player was outstanding today in terms of commitment to get that win. We were a 7/10 today in terms of football, luckily for that lot. Wait till we hit a 9 & 10. Someone will get a doing. 

There seemed to be some debate surrounding the penalty award but looking at it on FTV I think it is given for the tackle on Tait just before MacIver seems to fall. Tbf there is little in protest from the Dunfermline players. I know a few around me were saying that was never a pen

Only downside from today was Nesbitt going off injured. Reoccurance ( is that a word?) of a hamstring problem, I think.

But I did notice Mikey McKenna’s name missing today - can anyone elaborate?

35 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Only downside from today was Nesbitt going off injured. Reoccurance ( is that a word?) of a hamstring problem, I think.

Hi Mate

1) Recurrence. Yes, same injury as before, McGlynn covered it in his post match interview. Out for at least another 10 days unfortunately.

2) McKenna was listed as one of the subs.

Cheers

May be an image of 1 person, playing football, playing soccer and text

1 hour ago, HonestAl said:

10 minutes ago, Russ said:

Aye McKenna was listed as a sub ih the graphic but he wasn’t on the bench. Logan Sinclair took his place instead. 

My apologies @HonestAl, thanks @Russ, I never noticed that re: the bench. So, any ideas on what's up with McKenna?

Another fantastic day out. Thought we strolled it but as mentioned, teams looking at closing the space around Morrison & Miller which is making games more difficult but expected in this division. Result never in doubt. Thought we were a 6.5/10 and a special mention to Adams. Type of game we’ve seen the occasion overwhelm young players - he absolutely smashed it. Guy looks like he’s played this level of football for years. McIver & Adams need to be offered longer deals. 

6 hours ago, bejazz1 said:

There seemed to be some debate surrounding the penalty award but looking at it on FTV I think it is given for the tackle on Tait just before MacIver seems to fall. Tbf there is little in protest from the Dunfermline players. I know a few around me were saying that was never a pen

At the game I thought he’d given the penalty for the 50-50 challenge Benedictus on Tait which would have been a joke, how ever Hosler’s attempt at a tackle deserved what he got, softish or not.