The Falkirk FC Thread

48 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

Exactly what I was thinking. Hopefully they see us as a place their promising youngsters could come on and we might get some good talent from that. 

Daniel Cummings would be a cracking loan signing. Would not be surprised if our loan CF was to be from Celtic.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

When Peter Houston was in charge we had an analyst at Falkirk called Greg Wallace. Nice lad who I got on well with. Ten minutes before kickoff he stepped out the Celtic dugout, walked up to me and asked how things were going. Turns out he's now a first team analyst at Celtic and has seen a lot of Falkirk as that's obviously part of his job. 

He thinks we'll win the league and says some of the football we're currently playing is superior to what Celtic are facing most weeks in the Premier League. Celtic seem to have a very high opinion of FFC right now. 

Couple of decent loans from them would be nice.

2 hours ago, Big chungus said:

Does anyone know the official attendance for today? 

42960 according to bbc sport. That place holds 60000, no way there was 17000 empty seats. I looked at their website last night and apart from the 500 or so empty seats segregating us, all the empty seats were sparsely dotted about the place?

2 hours ago, Silvio Tattiescone said:

How did the seating arrangements go by the way? Lots of people worried by that and the stewarding before the game- did it work out OK?

It was pretty much a free-for-all, standing room only, but the stewards were very good and just let it flow as there wasn't any bother. I was quite high up to begin with with the wee one but my wife and middle kid were in the disabled section, so my wee one joined them and I just stood at the side next to the Ultras. Not even in a seat but no-one batted an eye.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

we had an analyst at Falkirk called Greg Wallace

Before he turned his hand at cooking on TV, I wouldn’t put any emphasis on his take of your team. 

Nothing ceases to amaze me about this Falkirk team, absolutely amazing from start to finish. What could have been? But the players, management and fans are closer than ever before after that. And we're getting the plaudits from elsewhere.

Some points from today:

Celtic haven't conceded a single goal in the League all season, we knock 2 past them in 45 mins.

Falkirk are the first team to take the lead against Celtic this season, (twice).

Brendan Rodgers said Falkirk are the best footballing side he's seen at Parkhead this season.

Brendan Rodgers went in to the Falkirk dressing room post match to compliment the Falkirk players performance.

Charlie Mulgrew asked McGlynn is he'd take the Hearts job, McGlynn says he's happy staying at Falkirk, with the players, Club and fans.

Michael Stewart should buy a Falkirk top with the amount of praise he gave us during commentary.

We're winning friends and influencing folk in Scottish football and media, due to our attractive brand of football.

Let's grab the league by the scruff of the neck and knock it out the park. 🏆

COYB.

Edited by GunnerBairn