The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

Alfie been poor. This is why Morrison is always the better option for me. Alfie has pissed about too much instead of just hitting it about 3 times now. Morrison would have a couple of goals by now.

Wouldn't say he's had anything approaching enough chances to see we should have scored 2 goals?

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Wouldn't say he's had anything approaching enough chances to see we should have scored 2 goals?

He's had the ball in the box 3 times and been slow to shoot. He' s having a lot of the ball. Even there does great to get the ball off Stevenson and then the cut back is poor.

Incredibly frustrating first half. Lots of slack passes and heavy touches. Indecisive in the final third. Adams has looked fantastic, as have Spencer and Graham, but that's really about it. Rest of the team really need to step up in the second half.

Lacking the usual press up front. Seem a bit slow all over the park. The penalty apart, Raith haven’t really done anything and are happy to waste time and play for set pieces. Hopefully Miller is fit enough to come on early. Bit harsh on Alfie, he’s been our most dangerous player

1 minute ago, Shabba said:

Lacking the usual press up front. Seem a bit slow all over the park. The penalty apart, Raith haven’t really done anything and are happy to waste time and play for set pieces. Hopefully Miller is fit enough to come on early. Bit harsh on Alfie, he’s been our most dangerous player

Agreed- far from Alfie’s best game but he is creating a threat. McKenna not working as the striker and Ross just not offering enough for me.

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

Agreed- far from Alfie’s best game but he is creating a threat. McKenna not working as the striker and Ross just not offering enough for me.

Ross has been the best of the front four by a considerable distance. Alfie constantly gave the ball away in the first 30 min. He improved, as did the whole team last 20 min. There is certainly something in this game for us. 
I would get Nesbitt, Miller and Shanley on for Alfie, Yeats and McKenna after an hour 

3 minutes ago, BPM said:

Oh well had to finish sometime. Didn’t deserve to lose but not nearly enough to win 

That’s 3 defeats in 4 now if you include Stenny and Celtic.

Stupid decisions by Henderson have ultimately cost us 2 of the defeats.

Hopefully we start to get some key players back and get 3 points vs Ayr next week.

Still in a very strong position in the league albeit it’s early doors.

The unbeaten run was amazing and something I’ll not see again in my lifetime so I’m far from despondent.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Just now, Todd_is_God said:

Reckon we are about to see just how ordinary this Falkirk side is now the air of invincibility has well and truly evaporated. 

Well you'd know all about average sides as you watch one every week.

So, Raith Rovers brings to an end our unbeaten league record of 43 games.  "THEY'LL BE DANCING IN THE STREETS OF RAITH TONIGHT."

And to think that six days ago, we were 2-1 up at Celtic Park with 70 minutes played. "Football, bloody hell."

It's shocking that we didn't muster even a single shot on target against Raith.