The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

We really need to try and get someone in up front though. We've got ourselves in a great position and whilst we don't want to break the bank we can't go through the season with only really MacIver good enough to play regularly. It's the position with the biggest drop off in quality in the side when the starters out.  Every other position you've got a decent option for bar centre forward.

How long is MacIver out for? 

I only ask as we’re now in the market for another forward and a lot could come down to who replaces their striker the best. I don’t think MacIver is out for nearly as long as Dowds is though. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I only ask as we’re now in the market for another forward and a lot could come down to who replaces their striker the best. I don’t think MacIver is out for nearly as long as Dowds is though. 

Could be back next week, could be a couple of months. Waiting on a scan, but not a season ender 

Already been said by others but I’d argue that even if MacIver isn’t going to be out for too long - say a couple of weeks - I’d still be making the case for bringing another striker in. Shanley did okay when he came on today but he’s not a viable, starting replacement.  Accept the point we won’t get someone as good as MacIver, but we still need better back-up. I trust McGlynn’s recruitment and you’d think he have some contacts he could use. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not sure was said to be a tweak by mcglynn. Think they were waiting for results of a scan. You still at least have Oakley mind you. We see a big dropoff in quality when MacIvers out.

1 minute ago, falkirkbairn23 said:

I know people have said Bobby Wales, but is that even realistic? Was he not featuring in Europe earlier for Killie?

Didn’t get on today 

I know the players will get hugely disappointed tonight but it really is something to think that in 20, 30 or 40 years they will still have a place in Falkirk FC history for the longest unbeaten league run on top of being The Invincibles. No one will ever take that away from them. 

I'm not sure they will appreciate how incredibly hard that was to do until they retire.

4 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Not sure was said to be a tweak by mcglynn. Think they were waiting for results of a scan. You still at least have Oakley mind you. We see a big dropoff in quality when MacIvers out.

Didn’t really work today with Oakley playing himself. He occupies centre halves but we need someone to exploit that space. We have Alfie Bavidge on loan from Aberdeen but he hasn’t shown much either. I reckon we’ll see someone come in this week but the market is pretty slim for strikers at this stage. 

19 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

For me that ends the debate, we have to try and get someone else in.

Agreed. Don’t think Maciver is an absolute world beater, but the alternatives are such a huge drop off that we need someone else as a 2nd choice until the end of the season

31 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Didn’t really work today with Oakley playing himself. He occupies centre halves but we need someone to exploit that space. We have Alfie Bavidge on loan from Aberdeen but he hasn’t shown much either. I reckon we’ll see someone come in this week but the market is pretty slim for strikers at this stage. 

Bavidge looked better against us last season when played out wide. Never did much as a striker.

Thank you to the players, management, backroom staff, the BODs, for giving us our legendary 43 game Invincible run. It's been an amazing run with some unforgettable moments which I doubt any of us will witness again as Bairns, with thoroughly enjoyable football, breaking records along the way.

Thank you FFC.

COYB.

Difficult to accept, that our record run of fixtures unbeaten has finished, but proud as Fck that thousands of supporters have witnessed history and probably never to be repeated. Proud as fck to be a Falkirk bairn..

Another massive away support could only honour the team, and the final scene’s brought a tear for many. Superb numbers once again for five away fixtures on the bounce.

The game was littered with misplaced passing, with Alfie and others caught so many times. Big game players of late didn’t turn up, Tait, Hendo Mackie Alfie turning in below performances. from recent form. However on the whole we bossed the game without an end product.

Loss of MacIver today and the recent news of 2 months loss cannot be underestimated. McKenna & Shanley simply no substitute for the number nine. Would sincerely hope that McGlynn with the help of the FSS /BOD can get a help on this rectifying our current situation.
Firmly believe that we could sustain and maintain our brilliant start to the season, if a suitable replacement can be secured.