The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, LatapyBairn. said:

Between what both McGlynn and Jamie Swinney have said it does sound like our efforts so far have been fruitless, I get they be manager is very meticulous when it comes to recruitment and won’t just want to bring somebody in for the sake of it if he is looking for a certain standard but at this late stage it might just be worth taking punt on a player. At worst it’s not going to do us any harm anyway and at best we might land lucky. 

I’d agree with this tbh. Sign someone till Xmas, if it works great, if not, they’re here a couple months and there’s no real harm done.

I find it hard to believe there's no target man strikers out there who are better than McKenna or Shanley.

No disrespect to those guys but McKenna just isn't one, and McGlynn evidently doesn't see Shanley as the guy.

I too am running out of confidence, but for me, the need has existed all window. That the obviously worst case scenario has happened is a curse, but completely foreseeable and its not hindsight. Loads of us have been saying it for weeks. There's only one guy in the whole squad we can't cover. 

It's beginning to get late in the day now for bringing someone else in which is a major worry.  Shanley was obviously seen as a cheap backup to MacIver when the budget was extremely tight. Unfortunately that means that now it's extremely late in the day to try and pick up another forward when money is available due to the Celtic game. Could make all the difference between being  a title challenger and simply being a top 4 club this season which is a shame after our excellent start.  It will be a major downer if anyone else in the league gets one in and we don't.

3 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

Are you saying we needed to let the Honeyman go to Alloa before we can bring in a player.

Last season the release of Hayward, McKay & Lawal out on loan was very close to Long, Bisland & Tait coming in.