The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Braes_Bairn said:

Are they though? The set that were sent out last week certainly don’t make healthy reading. We’ve got very lucky with cup draws this season as Swinney had commented on a podcast earlier in the season that the bank account was now empty so no rainy day fund.

Compared to most clubs in this league that don't have sugar daddies we are doing fine.  Do you want us to remain competitive on the park or just piss about trying to avoid dropping back  into league one again?  We were never going to get out of league one and make a profit ffs I hope you never thought that was a goer.  We all.knew that without promotion we were heading for part time football. However, compare our accounts getting out of league one and the manner we did it in comparison to Dunfermline who lost over a million quid. This season is also one of keeping things tight as we don't have the prize money to match others but a top 4 finish will go far to making up that gap. Surely we all want us to be competitive . We don't want a stupid approach gambling the future of the club and to me we haven't done that but have used most of our finances to resign players which has proven again to be the right move. More time in this league or above with a successful team should see the finances improve with the hope that this will be capped off with promotion.

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I was actually party to that, I spoke to the fans liaison officer a few seasons ago and suggested that idea. Loads of clubs do it if fans can’t use ST’s for whatever reason. So that idea means we are in financial shit, holy f**k.

Tip of the iceberg. 

I really don't know what some folk want.  The last bod had us in league one with a shit manager , signing shit players, with a shit dof getting paid for doing feck all. And losing a million quid into the bargain. Now we are top of the championship getting record home crowds having just gone 43 league games without defeat and people are still whining. Takes the biscuit.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I really don't know what some folk want.  The last bod had us in league one with a shit manager , signing shit players, with a shit dof getting paid for doing feck all. And losing a million quid into the bargain. Now we are top of the championship getting record home crowds having just gone 43 league games without defeat and people are still whining. Takes the biscuit.

They're looking ahead. Clever people tend to do that 😉

9 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

What’s happening in the future then Nostradamus? Because we are letting season ticket holders who can’t make every home game let others have their seat, we’re on some smoke and mirrors downward trajectory being hidden by the board? 

1 minute ago, Senor Bairn said:

What’s happening in the future then Nostradamus? Because we are letting season ticket holders who can’t make every home game let others have their seat, we’re on some smoke and mirrors downward trajectory being hidden by the board? 

Boy revealed himself to be a bit of a fanny with that one point tbh. 

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Seriously fcked off with this thread. Some want to get a grip on here. If you’ve got any serious issue take it to the appropriate relevant people. 

It was great when One F was up and running as all the moaners were held to that. At least we have stopped the moaning about pies for the time being.

Personally I think there are those with an axe to grind since the last shambles that ran the club left and they lost any freebies or whatever they got with who their pals were at the club, but thats just me guessing. 

other than that everything seems to be positive from the club, unless you have a chip on your shoulder with the club.

8 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

Bored of you already. sam winchester yawn GIF

17 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

Christ we are certainly going to be in a better place at the end of this season whether we go up or not than we have been in a long time. We also now have players on our books that other teams may actually want to pay money for instead of us having to pay money to get rid of them.

I'd have been pretty alarmed by a £400k+ loss of it wasn't for the fact that the Club has, since the start of last season, consistency been explaining that it was budgeted for and that no matter what league we ended up in this season we had to move to a breakeven model. That's why if we didn't gain promotion we were going part-time.

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

I'd have been pretty alarmed by a £400k+ loss of it wasn't for the fact that the Club has, since the start of last season, consistency been explaining that it was budgeted for and that no matter what league we ended up in this season we had to move to a breakeven model. That's why if we didn't gain promotion we were going part-time.

A voice of reason 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

4 minutes ago, SPLwankwankwank said:

A voice of reason 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

But you are making out that there is something going on other than what Bairney is saying above, which is what the club has constantly told the fans.