The Falkirk FC Thread

55 minutes ago, MrDust said:

The Brentford model doesn't exist, when this phrase came about it was after their biggest season happened, they then got rid of the rangers management and this Brentford model tag came, they then believed this image and signed players for millions who proved to be flops where they thought would be part of this model and had a season not matching the previous season.

The Brentford model really was taking a few players from other clubs and selling for £s.....

Murray Wallace, Connor mcgrandles or Scott arfield....we were the Falkirk model as much as a Brentford model

The Brentford model quite clearly exists and for evidence that it works I suggest you read up on the owner's other club Midtjylland. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

48 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

You're a nice guy and all but cut it with the i fucking told you so pish. Can't blame a guy for hoping against the obvious. 

A few of us have been hounded on here for saying we were fecked and going nowhere. Now when its blatantly obvious we were right your wanting us to shut up.  

2 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Come on guys it was only 3 goals. Hardly exactly a doing. He needs more time.lol

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

It’s only 3 games. WTF is the panic about? Bed wetting c***s the lot of you.

You 2 can get so far to f**k by the way. Absolutely reeking of smug 'I told you so' that I actually see you both smiling when typing that pish. 

Falkirk needs sorted pronto. Being a w**k is not what is needed. You should be hurting, I doubt very much any of you are because you have this silver lining of being right. 

Easy to be negative at the start of the season then call people out when it goes wrong. If there wasn't optimism then I wouldn't bother. However the Partick thistle first have performance had alarm bells ringing and now this. No hiding place for the board, Hartley and the players. We need to assess and act now. Unfortunately I have no confidence the BOD will make the right decisions. Fucking pish lol

9 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

The Brentford model quite clearly exists and for evidence that it works I suggest you read up on the owner's other club Midtjylland. 

It came to prominence in the season they over achieved, following season they changed management bought many players for money to sell on as a profit, one player for millions who was a flop...

Sorry my opinion is it doesn't exist, same applies to us with players I stated and many other clubs, the fact the tag Brentford model came about of which they believed they didn't need a successful management team and went on stats spending millions believing the hype and then having a season struggling suggests it's not a model that can transfer to football but works in American sports.

If a model was so successful, do you really think we would the only Scottish or English club to pick up on it ?

They got lucky and so did many picking up players who had been released, that's really many clubs and not a model

Just now, Believe The Hype said:

You 2 can get so far to f**k by the way. Absolutely reeking of smug 'I told you so' that I actually see you both smiling when typing that pish. 

Falkirk needs sorted pronto. Being a w**k is not what is needed. You should be hurting, I doubt very much any of you are because you have this silver lining of being right. 

Aye it was ok for you to say your talking pish shut it etc but now when we've been proven right your all how dare you say you were rigt. Ive watched falkirk for over 40 years and im as pissed off  now as ive ever been. I can assure you if id been talking pish i  would have held my hands up and apologised instead of getting stuck into those that disagreed with me. I wouldve been quite happy to be proven wrong. If we're going to move on we all need to make sure this clown is out of our club now. Not a week down the line or month down the line but now. So whether you backed him last week or not its time to get him moved on pronto.

7 minutes ago, MrDust said:

It came to prominence in the season they over achieved, following season they changed management bought many players for money to sell on as a profit, one player for millions who was a flop...

Sorry my opinion is it doesn't exist, same applies to us with players I stated and many other clubs, the fact the tag Brentford model came about of which they believed they didn't need a successful management team and went on stats spending millions believing the hype and then having a season struggling suggests it's not a model that can transfer to football but works in American sports.

If a model was so successful, do you really think we would the only Scottish or English club to pick up on it ?

They got lucky and so did many picking up players who had been released, that's really many clubs and not a model

Disagree with all of this tbh. They've run a positive net transfer spend most seasons, usually into the millions, and are playing at a level which is above their historic average. He also took over a middling Danish side who then won their first ever title a couple of seasons ago and are now regular European qualifiers. 

Fair enough if you don't think it can work for Falkirk, but let's not kid on their isn't something in it for people who are smart enough to do it properly. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

It’s only 3 games. WTF is the panic about? Bed wetting c***s the lot of you.

Just fucking don't. I gave him more than the 45 minutes of league football you were willing to. He's a c**t, but at least I gave him a few league games to at least try and prove me wrong. He can f**k off now. 

54 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

That's who I would like at Dens.:lol: Looks like we're both in the same boat with clueless managers. One of the worst performances I've seen was with Hartley in charge, took seven off Aberdeen at home, should have been about twelve. He totally lost the plot. All the best.

Swapsies. 

48 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Shall we bring back the game that we haven't used in about 12 months?

Hide contents

Has he gone yet?

Has he gone yet? 

38 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Tail of the comet.

Arse of the donkey, more like. 

18 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

A few of us have been hounded on here for saying we were fecked and going nowhere. Now when its blatantly obvious we were right your wanting us to shut up.  

Wrap it, ring piece. 

2 minutes ago, DeeBairn said:

Just fucking don't. I gave him more than the 45 minutes of league football you were willing to. He's a c**t, but at least I gave him a few league games to at least try and prove me wrong. He can f**k off now. 

Swapsies. 

Has he gone yet? 

Arse of the donkey, more like. 

Wrap it, ring piece. 

I'll take that as the closest im going to get to ' i you were right i wisnae'

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye it was ok for you to say your talking pish shut it etc but now when we've been proven right your all how dare you say you were rigt. Ive watched falkirk for over 40 years and im as pissed off  now as ive ever been. I can assure you if id been talking pish i  would have held my hands up and apologised instead of getting stuck into those that disagreed with me. I wouldve been quite happy to be proven wrong. If we're going to move on we all need to make sure this clown is out of our club now. Not a week down the line or month down the line but now. So whether you backed him last week or not its time to get him moved on pronto.

Aye like you have about wanting Craigen Hippo and Longridge back because dunfermline are such a great side like you have told us. I said last week I would give him until today before the pitchforks come out. You have been correct. Well done. Maybe try and predict some good fortunes for us for once cos I'm sick of this division and this guff. 

Guest Back Post Misses

Settle son, I was trying to have a laugh.

I take no delight in the shambles we are or that I seemed to call it right. If you knew me you would not be saying I wasn’t hurting.

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

I'll take that as the closest im going to get to ' i you were right i wisnae'

Take it anyway you want. I've always been of the opinion that there two things in life you do consistently. Give people a chance to prove you wrong. And f**k smug people right off. 

the interview is very late in coming out might be some contemplating going on.

we as a club are in a real mess. got rid of our academy replaced by a scouting system that has brought us in some of the poorest players ive seen in many a year. out of the league cup at the first stage including a home defeat to montrose. our reserves are bottom of their league with no goals (albeit after 1 game) and our first team are bottom of the championship with zero points and playing very poorly.

some serious decisions and communication need made by our board and I want to hear from them sooner rather than later

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

the interview is very late in coming out might be some contemplating going on.

we as a club are in a real mess. got rid of our academy replaced by a scouting system that has brought us in some of the poorest players ive seen in many a year. out of the league cup at the first stage including a home defeat to montrose. our reserves are bottom of their league with no goals (albeit after 1 game) and our first team are bottom of the championship with zero points and playing very poorly.

some serious decisions and communication need made by our board and I want to hear from them sooner rather than later

There's every chance Lewis has kicked the shit out of him. 

6 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Disagree with all of this tbh. They've run a positive net transfer spend most seasons, usually into the millions, and are playing at a level which is above their historic average. He also took over a middling Danish side who then won their first ever title a couple of seasons ago and are now regular European qualifiers. 

Fair enough if you don't think it can work for Falkirk, but let's not kid on their isn't something in it for people who are smart enough to do it properly. 

It's a lot easier for an English club where a 300-500 thousand player to us is 5m + down there at their level.

The Brentford model did come out when they over achieved and following season spent serious  money based on stats to resell, please feel free to point out where I am wrong, I have Brentford supporting mate and follow mostly in rage how they are doing in 20+ yr

I really don't see the Danish link, unless they are more relative to Falkirk. The so called Brentford model which doesn't exist isn't relative to Falkirk as we have been doing what they have as others