The Falkirk FC Thread

No but if a someone else comes in for him with a better offer its seems Ayr are quite open to him going or they would've refused us permission surely. Dundee and St Mirren could be next.

Cameron has a good relationship with McCall. He’s not going to block any advances for him as he knows he’s not going to be tempted.

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

No but if a someone else comes in for him with a better offer its seems Ayr are quite open to him going or they would've refused us permission surely. Dundee and St Mirren could be next.

In all honesty, I'm not into clubs stopping managers speaking to other clubs, if a manager wants away let them go, I certainly wouldn't have anyone dictating who I can or can't speak to, doesn't show much faith in the person.

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I reckon they'll wait to the window closes so that they don'y need to give the new manager any money.

Disagree. The fact that we're speaking to people now rather than waiting to next week suggests otherwise.

I think that once everything is complete, we'll find that they wanted the new man in ASAP in order to give him a chance to make changes before the window clanged shut.

Otherwise we would surely have faffed about for a few more days. We didn't, as Ayr's statement now confirms.

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hows about we are currently interviewing candidate, talking to candidates or  simply  begging anyone that has played champ manager to take the job. We hope to announce a new manager before later today, tomorrow, never. I reckon they'll wait to the window closes so that they don'y need to give the new manager any money.

I'm in the country and can start tomorrow.... currently have us top of the Premiership in Football Manager as well...... :lol:

15 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Disagree. The fact that we're speaking to people now rather than waiting to next week suggests otherwise.

I think that once everything is complete, we'll find that they wanted the new man in ASAP in order to give him a chance to make changes before the window clanged shut.

Otherwise we would surely have faffed about for a few more days. We didn't, as Ayr's statement now confirms.

May not even get the job till tomorrow. In that case he's going to have feck all time to do anything. How will he know what positions need addressed and who is shite and whose no quite so shite.

16 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

May not even get the job till tomorrow. In that case he's going to have feck all time to do anything. How will he know what positions need addressed and who is shite and whose no quite so shite.

That applies to also if we got a manager in today, only if we appointed within would a new manager would think he knows what positions are needed. 

Id guess if a new manager outside the club was appointed today or tomorrow, he would more than likely perhaps want to bring a player or two in who he trusts and would be in the starting 11 in his opinion of which I hope none are left backs !!!

Edited by MrDust

17 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Right back would be a safe bet...

42 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

yer no gettin it. Worry about your own mess. McCall going nowhere like Dundee or St Mirren to possibly pass Ayr on the way down.

We are a mess, and it’s entirely of our own making (which is nice).

Maybe this is a whole host of historical screw ups coming home to roost. It’s hard to say, but probably not. My concern is that our BoD don’t seem to be particularly involved on a day to day basis, and have an eerily bad habit of allowing “gift of the gabs” to do what they like until it’s way to late to put the brakes on in a meaningful way.

I still reckon them having absolutely zero footballing knowledge allows this sort of buffoonery (George Craig/Paul Hartley/Mitch) to blossom.

I can just imagine these people doing something then waiting on all hell breaking loose in the boardroom, only to hear......silence. All must be ok then. Let’s get on with making hugely questionable decisions until it all turns to sh1t.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

My concern is that our BoD don’t seem to be particularly involved on a day to day basis, and have an eerily bad habit of allowing “gift of the gabs” to do what they like until it’s way to late to put the brakes on in a meaningful way.

The two "employee" BOD members are in every day and so, just about, is the Chairman. Plus one other who I see on a fairly regular basis. 

Impressive amounts of seethe being seen from Ayr fans who apparently not worried about McCall leaving in the slightest. It's showing troops.

No ones seething bud. Certainly not Ayr fans.

Can’t speak for my fellow fans but I wasn’t concerned he would leave for the team bottom of the league.

Is there a difference between “being there” and “being involved”.  If truth be told, we have all had days or weeks at our place of work we influenced very little, and perhaps let some stuff go that we shouldn’t have.

When it’s something like FFC where perhaps you can deal with the machinations of running a club, you may not however, have the foggiest about running a football team, and it’s that clash of disciplines that seems to be our eternal downfall of late.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

No ones seething bud. Certainly not Ayr fans.

Can’t speak for my fellow fans but I wasn’t concerned he would leave for the team bottom of the league.

..but you cared not for him leaving for anyone else? Interesting take on things.