The Falkirk FC Thread

49 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Ayr fan on one of the Facebook pages claiming we’ve speaking to Muirhead about a possible switch, not sure if there’s much in it.

2015-2017 he played right back which clearly wasn’t his position so people thought he’d slide back into centre half with no issues but any time he’s played there he’s not been too great and always good as losing his man wether in a. 3 or a 2.

Great guy and a change is probably what he needs, should’ve happened in tbe summer imo.

43 minutes ago, PipoIsABairn said:

If you get the Muirhead from a last season and before then you'll get a player. If you get the Muirhead from this season, you may not be impressed. That being said, you'll never miss a penalty again.

Muirheads always been murder. He's just even worse now than ever.  He should've been punted after he cost us the playoff semi against United.  Great guy to have on the bench and bring on in the 5th minute of injury time to take a pen but thats about it.

I’ve not much issue with Muirhead tbh. He’s a steady defender for this level with the added bonus of a good penalty. Nothing more, nothing less.
Was a steady defender. This season he has looked disinterested and lacking in concentration. The one that aummed it up for me was in the Pars game when he returned a throw in the the thower from about 6 yards away by volleying it straight over their head then just wandered off. Hes been doing that all season. When he moved into the central 3 defenders I thought it might mask his deficiencies but it didnt. I dont hate Muirhead. He really stepped up last season, but as others have said its not working for him here anymore and it will continue to cost us. McKinnon is changing things because he needs to and unfortunately I think Muirhead has to be one of those changes.

He dick punched a *** and leathered Jimmy Craigen though so he goes with my warmest regards.

He's an enigma, no doubting his passion at all which has rightfully endeared him to a lot of the support. His biggest quality is probably that he doesn't hide in games and always wants the ball, this is also one of his weaknesses as he can't complete a 5 yard pass. I think if you have someone decent next to him and get him to do the simple stuff that a defender does then he'll be a good signing for this level.  Playing him at RB for so long was criminal though and led to so many wasted moves as he aimlessly launched the ball forward or passed it to the opposition.

The last Dunfermline game his performance was one of the worst I've seen from a Falkirk Captain in many year.  Feck all passion. Second goal he stood and watched as the boy toed it in the net. There wasnt one bit of aggression and attempt to drive the team on. It as embarrassing and I'd be quite happy never to see him in the navy blue again after that.

If Muirhead has been enquired about, hopefully he wasn't included in the 3 players supposedly going this week (one being Dallison) as I'd be disappointed to see Fasan or Paton survive this window. If that can free up and extra wage we can use to get a right back in it's a great bit of business for us

I guess the other point to make is that if Ayr are genuinely interested then that makes it easier for McKinnon to deal. He's gonna have trouble clearing too many more now with straight up pay-offs so i'd imagine that it's easier to negotiate if a player has a club willing to take them. I'd be surprised if Muirhead chose to stay in that situation given he was dropped for the Ayr game and will likely see that as a sign of things to come. If it's a choice between Muirhead leaving for free or Harrison being paid to go then i'd guess that the club would take that even if Muirhead is the better player when playing well.

Id be extremely upset over this. Captain fantastic, probably the best penalty taker I’ve ever seen in my lifetime. Excellent at throw ins. One of our top goal scorers from last year. Steady at right-back but much better when moved over to his actual position (ball playing centre half).

Also punched a *** in the baws.

Personally I think if Ayr are looking to go up, Aaron ‘Aero’ Muirhead would become a key player in the promotion bid.

Very upset to hear this.

Brilliant! Absolutely convinced this is a fabulously disguised whoosh SB. Ian McCall probably on the phone right now....
Nevertheless, he’s a player I think that a lot of fans will remember when he leaves with affection. Not because he’s a great player...hell no! But he always gives 110%, sometimes with the most calamitous outcome that you gotta laugh....

I’d be sad to see Aero go - not everyone’s cup of tea (understandably) and has a shocker in him (Dunfermline). But seems like an honest bloke and always puts in a proper shift, chasing down lost causes and putting himself about which seems surprisingly rare.

Hes not been great this season but would rather have him in our current predicament than not.

Plus he hits a thunderc*nt of a pen and that really gets my blood flowing so it does.

12 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If Muirhead has been enquired about, hopefully he wasn't included in the 3 players supposedly going this week (one being Dallison) as I'd be disappointed to see Fasan or Paton survive this window. If that can free up and extra wage we can use to get a right back in it's a great bit of business for us

You'll be disappointed  then, there is no chance Paton will be going anywhere, plus he is on a two-year deal. Muirhead's beyond abysmal performance against Dunfermline is hopefully the last we have seen of him.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

You'll be disappointed  then, there is no chance Paton will be going anywhere, plus he is on a two-year deal. Muirhead's beyond abysmal performance against Dunfermline is hopefully the last we have seen of him.

Aside from his weekend cameo at right wing!