The Falkirk FC Thread

25 tickets? That's it? We could give away 4000 for each home game and still have swathes of empty seats.

As an aside, should we not be going round local schools and giving primary kids free tickets? They're free to get in anyway, but actually having a ticket is more of an incentive to go.

Morton ran summer soccer camps across Inverclyde which were attended by hundreds of kids, all of whom qualify for a free matchday ticket. The only restriction is that, under a certain age - (12?), they have to be accompanied by an adult. Through the school term, we are in every school in the area and run "Mini Morton" after school coaching sessions which, again have free match day tickets available to participants.

I thought we had pinched the idea from Falkirk?

Morton ran summer soccer camps across Inverclyde which were attended by hundreds of kids, all of whom qualify for a free matchday ticket. The only restriction is that, under a certain age - (12?), they have to be accompanied by an adult. Through the school term, we are in every school in the area and run "Mini Morton" after school coaching sessions which, again have free match day tickets available to participants.

Aye Falkirk do the exact same thing

That'll be Tom Elliot surely?

That'll be Tom Elliot surely?

Yes indeed! And what a steal he has been! To date our community programme has been hugely successful and more or less self funding. The basic aim is to help generate the next generation of Morton fans but it also has the advantage of identifying local kids with the talent to be taken into our youth academy before traditional poachers of our area - the old firm, St Mirren and Aberdeen - muscle in.

Its just a pity we hadnt thought about all these initiatives when we had a decent team playing in the SPL. If we'd given out more free tickets to kids then when they actually had an entertaining team to watch and we could better afford to let folk in for hee haw then perhaps more of the yougsters of today would be watching the team already. Same old story though that when things are going well there's very little initiative to do these things. Only when things tail off do we start finding ways and means to get fans to turn up. My worry is that as per usual we get a decent crowd on saturday boosted by the various offers available but then the perfomance on show by the team is poor and therefore you arent encouraging any of these people to come back and pay the full fare.

I'm no fan of the British Army or current foreign wars and I also hate the tabloid portrayal of the army. But I do think people who place themselves in life-threatening situations daily (for right or wrong reasons) deserve some respect and reward, if the club can give free tickets to them then I see no reason why they shouldn't do so.

Serving troops should get hee-haw. Paid a wage? Pay your way!

If they're dishing out freebies then teachers, doctors, nurses, police and fire-fighters should be given a higher priority than members of the armed forces.

So what?

I don't think the armed forces would appreciate it.

Edited by Johnny van Axeldongen

Someone on One F claiming they spoke to Dale Fulton, now with Stirling Albion, and he said that Jay is currently training with Stoke City. How credible that is remains to be seen, strange one if true though.