The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Felt he never really got a chance with us.

Utter demon in the air so far with us. Scored some cracking headers. 

17 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

Given some of the comments that have been revealed and other comments leaked we all know how folk work but can see a few things first thing being another comment came from ML a while back explaining the idea of closing the academy was put to her i think she has been thrown under the bus by the rest of them the rest of the MSG are pulling CC strings and he is coming out with the ideas to put to ML and sell it to her.

Not too mention with last season tell one things of largest budget ever then reality being a million miles from the truth.

This could well be true.

As I mentioned a few months back Peter Houston was on BBC Sportsound saying ML was a passionate supporter of the academy "then this new CEO came in and everything changed" , next thing it was gone.

Regardless of what you think of the decision , the way it was handled was abysmal.  And we are now suffering the fall out of not keeping a non-elite academy in some form like other similar clubs to us have in place.  

CC despite the wondrous little things he did was a complete disaster for us , and MR's withering guilt-filled tribute to him when he was sacked tells us he was their puppy that they left out in the rain.  

As much as our squad doesn't need the extra game, there is a reasonable chance of us progressing on the league Cup still. An away draw against one of the ugly sisters might loosen the purse strings for an additional couple of bodies.

We'd need 4 of the six possible scenarios below to come up. Three of them, A, B and H, will be more likely than not to happen.

Group A. Hearts (through) to beat East fife away
Group B. St Johnstone to beat Forfar away
Group C. Hibs (through) to avoid defeat away to Elgin on the TV on Friday
AND
Arbroath to lose at home to Alloa
Group D. Dundee to beat ICT at home by 2 goals
OR
ICT to beat Dundee
Group E. No result puts us above both Morton and Queen of the South
Group F. Draw between Airdrie and Hamilton and Airdrie to win on penalties.
Group H. Dunfermline to avoid defeat at home to East Kilbride.

Apologies in advance for any hopes raised and dashed come Saturday tea time.

As much as our squad doesn't need the extra game, there is a reasonable chance of us progressing on the league Cup still. An away draw against one of the ugly sisters might loosen the purse strings for an additional couple of bodies.

We'd need 4 of the six possible scenarios below to come up. Three of them, A, B and H, will be more likely than not to happen.

Group A. Hearts (through) to beat East fife away
Group B. St Johnstone to beat Forfar away
Group C. Hibs (through) to avoid defeat away to Elgin on the TV on Friday
AND
Arbroath to lose at home to Alloa
Group D. Dundee to beat ICT at home by 2 goals
OR
ICT to beat Dundee
Group E. No result puts us above both Morton and Queen of the South
Group F. Draw between Airdrie and Hamilton and Airdrie to win on penalties.
Group H. Dunfermline to avoid defeat at home to East Kilbride.

Apologies in advance for any hopes raised and dashed come Saturday tea time.

We are out. Can’t finish in the top two with Livingston and Ayr. Maybe better to watch but it is nothing to write home about

16 hours ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

You're misunderstanding my reply, MT - which was in response to your query, not pointed at your personal character. You asked a genuine question, I offered my understanding of what was said, and how I believe it to be interpreted by a reasonable person. My comment about deliberate misinterpretation was offered toward the person at Ochilview who caused the shitstorm in the first place, not yourself.  The nuances of the written word, indeed. 

Fair enough.  

I do understand however, how the bloke's comments had the potential to be 'misinterpreted'.  I see the resulting charge as less inexplicable than most on here do, even if I think the correct verdict was probably ultimately reached.  

Language matters, and some phrases are more charged with significance than others.  

My point anyway was to agree with the poster who said that the really irksome aspect of the coverage was the implication that "fans" plural, were responsible for the issue arising.  As I've posted on here before, there was never anything collective about what happened, but the impression created for any casual observer would be that there had been racist chanting or something similar, which is wholly unfair.

Saying so prompted Bairnardo to get all excited, shouty and sweary of course, but that's probably to be expected.

17 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I think it was a good bit more than a two point deficit that he had to claw back.  However, he got us up to 8th place but then his cautious tactics, playing for draws instead of going for the win,  cost us in the end. I would like to give you half a Greenie.

Three points maybe then?  

I'm pretty sure it wasn't much more.  I remember asking before, and the response indicated that despite an awful start, Hartley was ditched early enough for Falkirk to not be very far adrift at that point.

Three points maybe then?  

I'm pretty sure it wasn't much more.  I remember asking before, and the response indicated that despite an awful start, Hartley was ditched early enough for Falkirk to not be very far adrift at that point.

The players Hartley signed made it impossible for falkirk to gain many points, 5 players were ditched as soon as McKinnon came in and saw them in training.

We are out. Can’t finish in the top two with Livingston and Ayr. Maybe better to watch but it is nothing to write home about
Nope. We're likely out. We can finish second above Ayr. Unlikely they'll lose to Stranraer, but there have been lots of strange results so far.

With the size of the squad going out could be a good thing
It could be one extra game for the current squad but a couple of extra players for the 14 league games between the transfer windows, and onwards.

21 minutes ago, ka202 said:

The players Hartley signed made it impossible for falkirk to gain many points, 5 players were ditched as soon as McKinnon came in and saw them in training.

Yes, but the scale of the points deficit at the time is the thing being discussed. 

46 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Three points maybe then?  

You might be right MT, just checked and I hadn't remembered that we had ditched Hartely so soon and that McKinnon had joined us on 31st August. In McKinnon's defence, he only had the pile of shoite that Hartley had signed to work with, apart from Zak Rudden. He wasn't able to get the best of signings in January either but he was able to make fairly wholesale changes and get something approaching his own team out on the park. As I mentioned, he did get us up to 8th and then he got vertigo and started playing far too cautiously. And here we are, League 1.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Senor Bairn said:

Still can’t get round my head that Ruben Sammut has signed for Sunderland. How good are these c***s agents.

Anyhow, bus sorted for Peterhead I am fackin buzzin.

He's signed for the Sunderland u23 team. Doubt he will get anywhere near the full team in his time there.