The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Stainrod said:

There are no buyers , at best we will get some shares exchanged. We must be the only club in Europe with more directors than players!

If there are no buyers, then why did I see the BTB guys this morning? Why did I overhear a conversation from a director about the timetable for the presentations?

There are still three prospective buyers who want to take ownership of the club away from the MSG.

On 24/07/2019 at 13:34, Monkey Tennis said:

Did the criticism of the player not involve a "Get back to where you came from" element or something similar?

Probably not intended to be racist, but somewhat unwise I'd have thought.

Get back to the shit league you were playing in or something like that. If anyone thinks that is racist then they need their arse kicked. Even if you misheard you would surely ask the person to clarify what they said instead of telling someone they have been racially abused and therefor getting the police etc involved.

13 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

Still can’t get round my head that Ruben Sammut has signed for Sunderland. How good are these c***s agents.

Anyhow, bus sorted for Peterhead I am fackin buzzin.

Signed for their youth team. Unfortunately we signed him for our first team.

If there are no buyers, then why did I see the BTB guys this morning? Why did I overhear a conversation from a director about the timetable for the presentations?
There are still three prospective buyers who want to take ownership of the club away from the MSG.

Bainsfordbairn, the hero we deserve and also the one we need right now

Listening to the  always excellent Walking Down Hope Street podcast, Tom Taiwo is the ex-player guest.

He is convinced we should never have sacked Houstie, although he admits he's loyal to him. Listening to the tails of the couple of seasons he was there under Houstie it was evident we were a zillion times better then than now . TT claims the bad start was mostly down to a massive mental hangover from the Killie play off the season before. The 2 months before he was sacked was his only blip and beating Rangers & Hibs was a regular thing under Houstie. 

Whereas I accept Houstie's recruitment wasn't great towards the end , I can't help feeling we would have been challenging for the title again this season rather than  in League 1 now if we still had Houstie. 

There is no doubt he is a better manager than Ray and obviously the greasy gypsy nightmare.

Sorry for bringing this up again , but it was TT who did first. 

Bollocks I can more or less guarantee they will do a deal with Kenny and David nobody else with any sense would buy the club . It’s all smoke and mirrors nobody is fooled !

39 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:
1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

Bollocks I can more or less guarantee they will do a deal with Kenny and David nobody else with any sense would buy the club . It’s all smoke and mirrors nobody is fooled !

Alan Gow was at TFS yesterday so its safe to say he is involved with a bid.

He’s maybe signing.

Listening to the  always excellent Walking Down Hope Street podcast, Tom Taiwo is the ex-player guest.
He is convinced we should never have sacked Houstie, although he admits he's loyal to him. Listening to the tails of the couple of seasons he was there under Houstie it was evident we were a zillion times better then than now . TT claims the bad start was mostly down to a massive mental hangover from the Killie play off the season before. The 2 months before he was sacked was his only blip and beating Rangers & Hibs was a regular thing under Houstie. 
Whereas I accept Houstie's recruitment wasn't great towards the end , I can't help feeling we would have been challenging for the title again this season rather than  in League 1 now if we still had Houstie. 
There is no doubt he is a better manager than Ray and obviously the greasy gypsy nightmare.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, I do miss Houston though, he put together some of the best teams we’ve had in years. His recruitment was always hit and miss though, he signed some gems like Taiwo and Grant, but also signed a vast amount of utter guff.

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Houstie was, and always will be, a Falkirk legend and I love the guy.

With hindsight it maybe was a mistake to sack him but it’s all in the past now.

Whats clear is that since the park our performance on the pitch has really deteriorated but I think the malaise was started by Hartley and the shit he bought will take us years to recover from.

3 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Surely no? we also finished 2nd the season after the killie  play off.  Perhaps he's thinking of the Dundee utd 2nd leg when we were a goal up at half time and looking fairly comfortable until it all slipped away and we invited them back into the game? Houston was a good manager but like every one says his recruitment was a bit suspect. He was coming to the end of his working life and was bad for always taking the most convenient option when searching for players

He’s maybe signing.

Let’s hope so because that would be a safer. Ask yourself why would a group of business men from east bengal want to invest in Falkirk a venture that doesn’t make any money , is never likely to and requires a significant amount of effort just to remain solvent and keep trading . The ONLY way forward is to allow a new supporters group to own the club.

8 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Get back to the shit league you were playing in or something like that. If anyone thinks that is racist then they need their arse kicked. Even if you misheard you would surely ask the person to clarify what they said instead of telling someone they have been racially abused and therefor getting the police etc involved.

I generally agree, but the point is that none of us are entirely clear on what exactly was said.  It came in the context of the worst result in the worst season you've had.  Tempers were high I'd imagine, and staff and their loved ones were probably feeling embarrassed, embattled and defensive.

I don't think it's impossible to see why this case went further. Again though, I'm not saying this in a spirit of wishing to crucify the fan involved.  I'm doing so in a spirit of criticising the collective aspect of the allegation that ensued from your board and media.

7 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Let’s hope so because that would be a safer. Ask yourself why would a group of business men from east bengal want to invest in Falkirk a venture that doesn’t make any money , is never likely to and requires a significant amount of effort just to remain solvent and keep trading . The ONLY way forward is to allow a new supporters group to own the club.

I agree with your second sentence but not the first. 

There are people with first-hand knowledge of what's going on (not me - I just speak to some of them)  and that knowledge confirms that you're wrong. Some of them post on this thread. Two of them could blow you out the water with evidence, but wont, for reasons of confidentiality. 

I'd suggest you need to open your mind a little. Just because you don't know about something doesn't mean it's not real.  

I agree with your second sentence but not the first. 
There are people with first-hand knowledge of what's going on (not me - I just speak to some of them)  and that knowledge confirms that you're wrong. Some of them post on this thread. Two of them could blow you out the water with evidence, but wont, for reasons of confidentiality. 
I'd suggest you need to open your mind a little. Just because you don't know about something doesn't mean it's not real.  

I know business sense and can evaluate risk reward and believe me there is no reward worth the risk of investing in Falkirk. Unless you are a true supporter there is absolutely no financial benefit full stop. As I’ve said there is no rational reason why they would invest here. India is one of the most corrupt countries in the world yet it’s full of investment opportunities including within the footballing world. I’ll hope for the best and yet I fear the worst. I know at least three people who know the two people you know who’ve forgotten the three people who know the truth but they’re all keeping things confidential . Of Course I don’t know the two people who you know who allegedly know the truth so using your logic maybe they’re real !

Just now, Stainrod said:

I know at least three people who know the two people you know who’ve forgotten the three people who know the truth but they’re all keeping things confidential . Of Course I don’t know the two people who you know who allegedly know the truth so using your logic maybe they’re real !

Image result for friends they don't know that we know gif

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

will need to give it a listen. Excellent series.  Just finished the Jim Jeffries one.  I know theres a lot of folk still see him as a Judas,  but what he did for the club in his time here was amazing. He did come across as still genuiniely caring about the club. Loved the story of him signing Stainrod.  Also him and Billy Brown getting the car after training and driving down to England to scout players.  It didn't end great for us(even that sounded messy)but my best time watching the club so forever grateful for that.

series has been great so far so will have a listen to the Taiwo one today.

I know business sense and can evaluate risk reward and believe me there is no reward worth the risk of investing in Falkirk. Unless you are a true supporter there is absolutely no financial benefit full stop. As I’ve said there is no rational reason why they would invest here. India is one of the most corrupt countries in the world yet it’s full of investment opportunities including within the footballing world. I’ll hope for the best and yet I fear the worst. I know at least three people who know the two people you know who’ve forgotten the three people who know the truth but they’re all keeping things confidential . Of Course I don’t know the two people who you know who allegedly know the truth so using your logic maybe they’re real !
The bid isnt from Indian investors, its from Gow himself.