The Falkirk FC Thread

I could never see the merits in Nelson. Thought Jakubiak was the better prospect.
I cant speak for his time at Dundee and it seems they dont rate him. I thought his work rate was fantastic, his hold up play especially back to goal and turning defenders was very good and his finishing had laterally been improving noticeably for us. He was open enough to speak about it most weeks, doing extra work on it etc and it was bearing fruit.

Have to agree though that Jakubiak was quicker to find his shooting boots and a more dangerous striker. Would still have Nelson back without question though

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant speak for his time at Dundee and it seems they dont rate him. I thought his work rate was fantastic, his hold up play especially back to goal and turning defenders was very good and his finishing had laterally been improving noticeably for us. He was open enough to speak about it most weeks, doing extra work on it etc and it was bearing fruit.

Have to agree though that Jakubiak was quicker to find his shooting boots and a more dangerous striker. Would still have Nelson back without question though

Jakubiak is without a club at the moment. Watford released him.

16 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Tommy Robson released by Partick, worth bringing back or best left alone ?  Liked him going forward but not the greatest defender

Just no. Vastly, vastly overrated to begin with, been extremely poor in an absolutely horrific Partick team and, provided we retain Dixon, not a priority position to fill. One day very soon we'll need to start to looking forward as a club instead of back to the Robsons, Nelsons, Jakubuakiaks, whoever, none of whom were anything special in the first place. Some day we'll break the habit of a lifetime and sign a player on the way up rather than regurgitate the same old dross on the way down.

23 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I cant speak for his time at Dundee and it seems they dont rate him. I thought his work rate was fantastic, his hold up play especially back to goal and turning defenders was very good 

I've never seen this fabled 'hold up play' or 'turning defenders' as his first touch is catastrophic. Simon Murray levels of pish. 

He runs about a lot though. Usually trying to collect his first touch right enough. 

I've never seen this fabled 'hold up play' or 'turning defenders' as his first touch is catastrophic. Simon Murray levels of pish. 
He runs about a lot though. Usually trying to collect his first touch right enough. 
I have noted via a few Dundee match threads of games I watched that he isnt universally liked up there [emoji23]

Cant deny Robsons passion for the club was good at going forward but weak defensively.  Andy Nelson once he got his first goal was doing better as his confidence was up not an out an out striker but if i was to compare him to a past player would probably say Carl Finnigan without the red cards

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I have noted via a few Dundee match threads of games I watched that he isnt universally liked up there emoji23.png

Haha! I feel pretty sorry for him. He never really impressed but hit a goal run in the top flight and, as is the norm at Dens, a large section of fans made him out to be Caballero-esque. He's had his off field problems and a few injury problems too so I wouldn't be against him getting one more season to try and turn things around. Big *however long* coming up for him at Dens. 

How's Todd been? 

Haha! I feel pretty sorry for him. He never really impressed but hit a goal run in the top flight and, as is the norm at Dens, a large section of fans made him out to be Caballero-esque. He's had his off field problems and a few injury problems too so I wouldn't be against him getting one more season to try and turn things around. Big *however long* coming up for him at Dens. 
How's Todd been? 
He looked like there might be something there, certainly looked to get on the ball and get forward which we lacked from midfield. Then he got injured. Never really got much of a run going. I quite like the look of him but probably splits the fanbase on whether or not hes what we need.

Fairly sure he signed for 18 months so we will get a proper look at him come October hopefully.

Just no. Vastly, vastly overrated to begin with, been extremely poor in an absolutely horrific Partick team and, provided we retain Dixon, not a priority position to fill. One day very soon we'll need to start to looking forward as a club instead of back to the Robsons, Nelsons, Jakubuakiaks, whoever, none of whom were anything special in the first place. Some day we'll break the habit of a lifetime and sign a player on the way up rather than regurgitate the same old dross on the way down.

Didn’t we do that under Hartley? Did not end well.......

53 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Tommy Robson released by Partick, worth bringing back or best left alone ?  Liked him going forward but not the greatest defender

Dixon is better and we’ll have the young left back as back up. 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

No he’s not got a club. Can’t see him getting a gig in the Premier League although Tbf the quality in that league is rank rotten too 😂.

An awful long way down to Scottish League One though. Maybe if we had been a Championship club....

Thing is its that time for any player thats got a club then happy days but for those that are free agents do they piss about with negotiations too long and price themselves out a move and risk not earning.anything till the january window.  Lot of clubs have cut fringe players, high earners and evem their academies (just as well we dont have one or we would be screwed)

Baptie was part time and it worked back then, with the better resources these days if its the right player we shouldn't discount it.

Was the original speel on Sammon not that he was on a 1 year deal with an additional year if we went up, have I imagined that or did someone bugger that contract up?

3 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Baptie was part time and it worked back then, with the better resources these days if its the right player we shouldn't discount it.

Was the original speel on Sammon not that he was on a 1 year deal with an additional year if we went up, have I imagined that or did someone bugger that contract up?

The second year option must have been upto the player is the only thing i can think of, is he not local so any move away would have meant travel time, petrol money etc