The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

It affects far more than just Hearts. Presumably Falkirk, Raith, Dundee, Partick, Pars etc all have strict plans in place to resume preseason training within the next couple of weeks, possibly as soon as Monday, and remove players from furlough. Well, thanks to Cockwomble and his gang of clowns, forget them. As their obvious response to the "Dylans, Jonnys, Mattys, Leighs, Bolis" and assorted other Premier League thickheads indiscretions is to punish the lower league diddies. You could not make it up. Anything goes, as it long as it does not affect Big Peter's mob and their pathetic 10-in-a-row. I'd be amazed if we even get started, you can see the Championship/League1/League 2 seasons being pulled altogether coming a mile off. Only in Scotland.

Sadly I agree,   lower league football looks to be " collateral damage" and if it means teams going under, there will be blood on the SNPs hands for this clusterfuck.

9 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Sadly I agree,   lower league football looks to be " collateral damage" and if it means teams going under, there will be blood on the SNPs hands for this clusterfuck.

Did you mean SPFL or were you making a wee political point?

51 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Not sure why clubs who won't be playing fixtures till October would be wanting to pay wages from before August 24th anyway.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

After the antics of the past week, I think it’s fair to say, down in the depths of the seaside leagues, one breach of the required protocol will inevitably result in probable suspension, most likely shutting down the leagues. Beginning to wonder how on earth part time teams ( and some full time teams) will be able to control/support the current “bubbles”

Are teams in leagues 1 & 2 going to be able to control/afford the testing required ?

I recall our chairman stating that he was surprised by the amount of teams that signed up for the new season, beginning to wonder if it’s who falls first 

I agree with everything said in your post.

But would add what has happened to the Anderson cash that clubs received - a few months back that was being heralded as the saviour of Scottish football by the media. I thought that was to be used for testing.

11 hours ago, AGPar said:

It affects far more than just Hearts. Presumably Falkirk, Raith, Dundee, Partick, Pars etc all have strict plans in place to resume preseason training within the next couple of weeks, possibly as soon as Monday, and remove players from furlough. Well, thanks to Cockwomble and his gang of clowns, forget them. As their obvious response to the "Dylans, Jonnys, Mattys, Leighs, Bolis" and assorted other Premier League thickheads indiscretions is to punish the lower league diddies. You could not make it up. Anything goes, as it long as it does not affect Big Peter's mob and their pathetic 10-in-a-row. I'd be amazed if we even get started, you can see the Championship/League1/League 2 seasons being pulled altogether coming a mile off. Only in Scotland.

You couldn’t make it up. Within days of the Bolingoli debacle training for the lower league clubs get’s pulled which will have a detrimental impact on pre-season meanwhile Celtic go out and spend £5m on a new striker. 

What a fuckin set-up we have in Scotland.

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

I had completely forgotten about his miraculous “gift” if memory serves me, didn’t he make it solely based on youth or community investment? and not directly into the coffers of the clubs chairman’s ?

Same thing is it not,   would imagine the money will have been spent 'wisely' signing players in the hope the testing regime would have fizzled out by october,  if anything the testing might get ramped up in order to play,   a lot of sweaty brows and loosening of ties in the boardroom to come i think for all teams.

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Good point. This is a fucking nightmare. It will be interesting to see how successful other teams are when they re-launch their leagues ??

It depends on how realistic the business plans were the clubs put together. With so many variables it would be good business practice to base the budget on the worse case scenario. With that you factor a further minus into the figures you base your budget on. Have courses of action already in place for whatever scenario unfolds. Get this wrong as you highlighted then football clubs will go out of business.

It's only a matter of time !

14 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It depends on how realistic the business plans were the clubs put together. With so many variables it would be good business practice to base the budget on the worse case scenario. With that you factor a further minus into the figures you base your budget on. Have courses of action already in place for whatever scenario unfolds. Get this wrong as you highlighted then football clubs will go out of business.

It's only a matter of time !

Surely they will have budgeted on worst case ?? I hope.

Wheres it lacking for me is the clubs lack of risk and control awareness. Aberdeen and Celtic‘s issues have highlighted this is an area of concern.

Nobody in their right mind would use a worst case scenario as their budget - rather they might make some pessimistic assumptions in some budget areas. Worst case scenarios are usually non viable.   In this situation a worst case scenario might say be full wages for a season, no crowds for a season, two tests a week for a season, minimal advertising, sponsorship, hospitality, merchandise revenue and little or no fan donation/fund raising, plus much reduced Spfl/Sfa payments.  Start out with that budget and you wouldn’t bother signing any players or starting a season

4 minutes ago, Cowden Cowboy said:

Nobody in their right mind would use a worst case scenario as their budget - rather they might make some pessimistic assumptions in some budget areas. Worst case scenarios are usually non viable.   In this situation a worst case scenario might say be full wages for a season, no crowds for a season, two tests a week for a season, minimal advertising, sponsorship, hospitality, merchandise revenue and little or no fan donation/fund raising, plus much reduced Spfl/Sfa payments.  Start out with that budget and you wouldn’t bother signing any players or starting a season

During this pandemic all companies will be baselining their budget on worst case scenario buddy.

14 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I think if we lose anyone at the back Gaz Miller to be either Centre half/RB push Mercer to Right CH Dixon to move Left CH and Blair Sneddon on LB (Dixon to talk him through the game) assuming something happens to Hall or Durnan (more like Durnan for a suspension) 

Don't think miller has the pace for centre half never mind right back and it would mean one injury and your changing 2 or 3 positions instead of just slotting in a decent replacement.  Centre half is a must.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Don't think miller has the pace for centre half never mind right back and it would mean one injury and your changing 2 or 3 positions instead of just slotting in a decent replacement.  Centre half is a must.

Jon Mitchell ? free agent. Could cover all positions in defense and a midfield option as well. 

32 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Surely they will have budgeted on worst case ?? I hope.

Wheres it lacking for me is the clubs lack of risk and control awareness. Aberdeen and Celtic‘s issues have highlighted this is an area of concern.

It's called due diligence ! It is usually the Company secretary to be the impartial party that ensures this is carried out. 

18 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It's called due diligence ! It is usually the Company secretary to be the impartial party that ensures this is carried out. 

Yes I know mate and clearly certain clubs aren’t doing this very well.

Although Tbf to Celtic if by allowing Bolingoli to fly to Spain means they get their money back on him from Amiens they’ve played a blinder.