The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bantabairn said:

There is absolutely no chance that testing will be scaled down, and although I dont think we will see a second wave as most are predicting, it’s a safe bet that we will see pockets of outbreaks which will result in quarantine. An interesting few weeks ahead.... 

Do you not think the SPFL / SNP  are trying to 'smoke' out the clubs they know have zero chance of complying with testing and regulations due to financial or stadium\ training issues..   Basically Scottish football's equivalent to 'ethnic cleansing '..

4 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Have you noticed what's going on in Melbourne? All it takes is one breach from a traveler coming back from a hotspot and this virus spreads like wildfire. Australia had effectively wiped it out and now it's back more deadlier than ever. 

Your use of the word ‘deadlier’ is stretching it a bit considering you had 4 deaths yesterday.

How many died from cancer or heart disease?

In fact how many die every day in Oz?

14 hours ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I also heard that testing will cost the club £18,000 a month. I cannot see football at this level re-commencing in October.

From the figures given by Tynierose for testing that's probably not far off the mark. 

However, previously testing only had to be done once a week. Then the sheepies misbehaved  and the govt doubled the frequency. If they're happy with the new processes it may drop back again. 

If that happens  then the "benefactor windfall" would likely cover testing costs for all clubs until January. 

Apart from Hearts, who already spent it on lawyers, legal fees and fines. 

49 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

In essence clubs outwith the top flight need to know immediately what the criteria is going to be clearly for getting back to playing and when crowds are getting back in itherwise financial disaster awaits.  But hey its OK there will be four old firm games.  c***s.

Football's not going to happen outside the Premiership while testing and BCD is required, apart from some cobbled together mini league of clubs willing and able to do it. It's impossible for the authorities to give a definite answer about the criteria 2 months in advance. I'm hoping that temperature testing and capped crowds will be sufficient by then, at least lower down the food chain from the Championship. 

Edited by welshbairn

27 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Your use of the word ‘deadlier’ is stretching it a bit considering you had 4 deaths yesterday.

How many died from cancer or heart disease?

In fact how many die every day in Oz?

More people have died from COVID in the last month in Victoria than the whole of the previous 3 months across Australia. That's what I mean by more deadlier. 

They have only now begun to get a handle on it, you can't take yesterday in isolation. But it's far from over.

48 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

At the start of this whole episode Maxwell publicly stated the aim was to ensure the survival of the 42 league clubs at the end of it all.  He immediately therefore paid scant regard to the 150 odd teams in his organisations pyramid at tier 5,6,7.  In my opinion they only care about the top flight and sky money.

Now the deal they have is for testing at 75 quid a shot, twice a week for say 20 players and staff is 3k a week.  Who can afford that long term if it becomes a mandatory criteria for getting games on outwith the top flight.

Add in the caveat of no crowds then we will see a pile of clubs going bust.  It's going to be stop start all season due to spikes,  local lockdowns etc.  A shambles in essence awaits.

Is it almost a case of saying let's just pull the season before it starts, or shall we batter on?

I've seen people on here saying Falkirk are in a good position financially but how long does that last paying wages with no crowds etc.  It's a difficult one.

In essence clubs outwith the top flight need to know immediately what the criteria is going to be clearly for getting back to playing and when crowds are getting back in itherwise financial disaster awaits.  But hey its OK there will be four old firm games.  c***s.

You're right. I'm less optimistic than I was a couple of weeks ago. There seems to be a feeling that kicking off the Premiership means we are on  the way to recovery. A lot can still happen and the financial implications will still be felt for years, even if limited crowds are allowed later in the season.

Season 21/22

Sevco & Celtic invited to English Championship after several English clubs go bust following the collapse of football on both sides of the border in January. 

Scotland goes semi-professional with approx 20 clubs left standing.

SKY pull out. Coverage on BBC Alba only. 

4 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

Season 21/22

Sevco & Celtic invited to English Championship after several English clubs go bust following the collapse of football on both sides of the border in January. 

Any chance of tonights lottery numbers ?

58 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

More people have died from COVID in the last month in Victoria than the whole of the previous 3 months across Australia. That's what I mean by more deadlier. 

They have only now begun to get a handle on it, you can't take yesterday in isolation. But it's far from over.

Approximately 450 people die in Australia every day. 
Just putting your 4 from yesterday into context.

Droylesden in the NPL have withdrawn before a start date is even finalised. Look like the Chair decided on damage !limitation. This should leave them free to 're-apply a couple of divisions down.

http://droylsdenfootballclub.com/news/club-statement-droylsden-football-club-to-resign-from-the-league-and-all-cup-competitions/

20 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Approximately 450 people die in Australia every day. 
Just putting your 4 from yesterday into context.

You can't catch cardiovascular disease in a pub and pass it on to your elderly parents.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Great point.

you could also include smoking and excessive eating.

Lots of self- inflicted diseases.

^^^ "Loads of folk get ran over but we dinnae ban cars" type shite

Spoiler

Please don't grass me up to the free speech union. I don't know what I would do

38 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

^^^ "Loads of folk get ran over but we dinnae ban cars" type shite

Reveal hidden contents

Please don't grass me up to the free speech union. I don't know what I would do

"Since we built the sea wall there's been no flooding. Let's tear down the wall."

Season 21/22

Almost worth it to be rid of those two pollutions.

Tom Forsyth an appreciation.

Lot of people think Tam or Jaws as he was called was nothing more than a hard man are wrong. Hard man ? yes oh yes. But he could sort somebody out in a fair tackle and that takes skill and timing.

He was also an under rated footballer with good close control and passing ability.

My memory that will stick with me was a Scotland v Wales game at Hampden. Terry Yorath was boasting before the game he was going to do this, he was going to do that, so and so would not have the ball for long you get the drift. Anyway Terry was running with the ball full pelt until Tam put in a challenge - none of the sliding business. Upright challenge on the run won the ball. Yorath came to an instant halt as he emptied his lungs, snotters and spit. It was like something out the Dandy arm and a leg on the left and arm and a leg on the right. The Ooooooooph from Yorath could be heard by all. Of Tam went leaving the mangled lump in a heap. He was not seen for the rest of the game - not interested if Tam was within 30 yards of him

For the rest of the game the chant was - Tam Forsyth they call him jaws - He's got Yorath by the the balls.

Edited by HopeStreetWalker