The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Just noticed that Queens Park signed Simon Murray, there goes any chance of Sammon ending up there now, thanks a lot Ray. 

Is this going to be an exercise in topping what he blew at the Bairnabeu? With feck all support, but £5M in the bank & Haughey backing them too, it looks a recipe for disaster.

It's got a Gretna plan  written all over it

Edited by kiddy

49 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Till they get fed up losing money then they'll be back to their norm. Anyone pumping cash into a side that attracts a few hundred fans at best is off their nut.

They had over 700 at their last home game last season. 

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Sleeping giants imo.

Is it that far off a full time Championship size team?

They've apparently got a decades worth of guaranteed investment from Haughey, plenty of time to add 200-300 fans, plus increased away supports.

You look at Hamilton, Livingston and St Johnstone, and a club with 1000 fans surviving in the top flight isn't ridiculous. 

Couldn't help but snigger at Dave Mac doing the 50/50 draw " and for once I'm not in a ridiculous t shirt" just stuck in our ludicrous home top meh 

I think I would rather have had any of his daft T’s than that drain cover

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think I would rather have had any of his daft T’s than that drain cover

Plainer the better Navy blue, V neck, White trim. If there has to be a pattern then a 2 tone navy blue stripe like the Spall mid 80's strips which were  a good balance between commercial sales and a FFC top.

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

They had over 700 at their last home game last season. 

Yeah there you go only 700 on a very good day  and yet they're full time and spending far more cash than they will ever bring in.  They're two biggest crowds were both on days where neither rangers or Celtic were at home which happens very rarely. Vast majority of crowds were around the 500 odd mark. I'd love to know their wages as a percentage of turnover. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

10 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it that far off a full time Championship size team?

They've apparently got a decades worth of guaranteed investment from Haughey, plenty of time to add 200-300 fans, plus increased away supports.

You look at Hamilton, Livingston and St Johnstone, and a club with 1000 fans surviving in the top flight isn't ridiculous. 

Are St Johnstone worried they might not be able to muster enough fans for a COVID19 reduced capacity match test case? 

8 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Are St Johnstone worried they might not be able to muster enough fans for a COVID19 reduced capacity match test case? 

Considering the post you quoted literally has me saying St Johnstones crowd size is shite and tinpot, why do you think telling me St Johnstones support is shite and tinpot is going to bother me?

47 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Considering the post you quoted literally has me saying St Johnstones crowd size is shite and tinpot, why do you think telling me St Johnstones support is shite and tinpot is going to bother me?

I wasn't telling you , I was asking a question - hence the question mark at the end. 

1 minute ago, Hank von Hell said:

I wasn't telling you , I was asking a question - hence the question mark at the end. 

Yes. St Johnstone are worried we won't have enough fans to fill 10% of our stadium. Thats because our support is shit and tiny, most of us are farmers and are out harvesting, and we should probably be in the fourth tier if the league was decided on crowd size. 

There we go, I've saved us all a day.

30 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes. St Johnstone are worried we won't have enough fans to fill 10% of our stadium. Thats because our support is shit and tiny, most of us are farmers and are out harvesting, and we should probably be in the fourth tier if the league was decided on crowd size. 

There we go, I've saved us all a day.

Glad You cleared that up for us 😊