The Falkirk FC Thread

One of our best performances of the season last week when we played two upfront. Had it not been for Sammon's shite finishing we'd have won comfortably. If they revert back to one upfront tomorrow i'll be seething as i've already bought the pay per view.

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely loathe those Interviews.

Complete nothingness!!!

I've yet to hear them say "we are going there to play on the front foot, get stuck in and leave nothing on the park" or even something along those lines. All to often it's "we have studied their strengths and weaknesses, we have had a good week training, the boys look sharp blah blah" which invariably means we turn in a total shiteshow of a performance and look like we haven't a clue.  Said it before but McCracken is from the Houston stable of "try not to lose" while Miller usually echoes the same sentiment while both trying to be the players best pals and having a laugh. 

12 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I've yet to hear them say "we are going there to play on the front foot, get stuck in and leave nothing on the park" or even something along those lines. All to often it's "we have studied their strengths and weaknesses, we have had a good week training, the boys look sharp blah blah" which invariably means we turn in a total shiteshow of a performance and look like we haven't a clue.  Said it before but McCracken is from the Houston stable of "try not to lose" while Miller usually echoes the same sentiment while both trying to be the players best pals and having a laugh. 

Houston was a far, far better coach/manager than McCracken.

Interesting to see a competent Premiership outfit in Dundee Utd struggling against that awful Forfar side (who are playing their 5th game in 11 days)

It would suggest the expectation that we can just turn up and win easily against these teams is a tad misplaced 

Saying that, it would be nice to set up to actually attack teams though and I'll be raging if we revert back to 4-5-1 tomorrow 

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

20 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Interesting to see a competent Premiership outfit in Dundee Utd struggling against that awful Forfar side (who are playing their 5th game in 11 days)

It would suggest the expectation that we can just turn up and win easily against these teams is a tad misplaced 

Saying that, it would be nice to set up to actually attack teams though and I'll be raging if we revert back to 4-5-1 tomorrow 

Prepare to be raging. As much as we hate Hartley he’s a better manager than what we have at the moment and that scares me for tomorrow. I hope To be proved wrong.

5 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You'd think that since our co-managers David Brent and Gareth Keenan get interviewed on various matters regularly someone might ask?

Indeed, I appreciate they are volunteers working on the behalf of the club but by god ask what the people want to know. 

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

You'd think that since our co-managers David Brent and Gareth Keenan get interviewed on various matters regularly someone might ask?

😂👏

I think I’ll give this one a miss tomorrow. Coming off a nightshift and with the early kick off I’ll maybe just sleep on.
The thought of getting up at 12, watching us absolutely shit the bed against fucking Cove and the subsequently putting me on a downer the rest of the day is just depressing.

3 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Houston was a far better coach than either of these two. If he was half as good at signing players as he was coaching ones he'd inherited he'd still be in charge.

34 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Houston was a far better coach than either of these two. If he was half as good at signing players as he was coaching ones he'd inherited he'd still be in charge.

Houston done little of the coaching more McDonough with Houston supervising and stepping when in required.

I’m still seething he gave Alex Harris a 2 year deal.

Indeed, I appreciate they are volunteers working on the behalf of the club but by god ask what the people want to know. 

The lad doing those interviews isn’t a volunteer. Lewis Connelly is but not the other lad

Guest Ecosse83
7 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Houston done little of the coaching more McDonough with Houston supervising and stepping when in required.

I’ve heard McDonough is really really good and well thought of as a coach. 

Edited by Ecosse83

9 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Final nail in his coffin unfortunately. As soon as someone says he's the type of player that just needs an arm around the shoulder you know they are never going to work in the Scottish championship. I still remember some numpties creaming over a couple of half decent performances against dross in the league cup group stages before he returned to type.

Alarm bells were ringing on the recruitment front as soon as he signed Taylor Morgan even after having him on trial for weeks.

Edited by Shadwell Dog