The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, banditjag said:

I know this is none of my business, though respectfully submit a strong Falkirk like you were under Jeffries, is a huge must for the central belt, so here's my tuppence worth re new manager. I know Kenny shields had a bit of a howler in his last post in Scotland but was excellent in all departments at killie and left the club in a decent place and has been phenomenal in his current role. Perhaps too much in the McIntyre mould? I think your club needs a McIntyre type manager to stop the rot, change the direction of the club with a view to identifying a younger progressive type later cos you don't have time just now to f**k about with untested wanna be's.

I agree it needs to be along the tried and tested route. McIntyre and Shiels just don't inspire mat all though. There really isn't body in Scotland, that we could realistically get, that would interest me. I mentioned yesterday about Peter Grant because it would be a cheap option and I'd be fascinated to see how he done with better resources although plenty fans won't look past the fact he has just been relegated with Alloa.

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Wow. Assuming you are at least mid-forties, you're life must be in some fucking state if you're a grown man getting wound up by another football team this much at half 11 on a Thursday morning. Capital letters for the word pish as well. Absolute minter. 

I’m not wound up. I’m just laughing at how bad your club is doing as a full time team in a seaside league.

This collapse is fast becoming similar to @virginton team Morton a number of years ago. 

I’m not sure who I’d like to see win if you make the play offs and end up playing the soap dodgers. 

The title is still within your grasp. But do your players have the bottle to stand up and be counted?

Judging by the comments on here you don’t seem to believe they can turn it around. 

Got to go. I’m just waiting for a delivery of more popcorn 🍿 for the weekend. We are one of the big teams that don’t play this weekend as we are in the quarterfinals of the Scottish cup on Monday. Toodle  pip.

Edited by Guest

Guest Peter LaFleur

I think that’s absolutely plenty of the “-zo” and “-zy” patter.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

We've tried the experienced manager whose been sacked elsewhere and we've tried the complete rookie with zero experience. Neither has went well.  I still think we need a young manager on the way up who has cut his teeth elsewhere and is looking for a next step. Someone briming with confidence .

Guest Peter LaFleur
9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've tried the experienced manager whose been sacked elsewhere and we've tried the complete rookie with zero experience. Neither has went well.  I still think we need a young manager on the way up who has cut his teeth elsewhere and is looking for a next step. Someone briming with confidence .

Agreed. Petrie is the only manager from league 1 I’d be happy with but sounds like that’s not a go’er.

It doesn't make any sense to say things like  "we need an experienced manager this time" or "we tried a rookie before and look what happened"

It doesn't matter whether the new manager is a rookie or has been around the block - there are countless examples of successes and failures of each. 

Whats important is the next one is a success - regardless of their background.  

I think we would be an attractive proposition to a lot of managers. Reviving Falkirk would be decent for someone to have on their C.V. I know there is risk attached but if you are an out of work manager who has maybe worked at a bigger club surely working at us and taking a punt on getting us back to a decent level is worth the risk. I have no insight on what we would pay a manager but it has to be better than no wages at all. Advertise and lets see who applies.

7 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:
It doesn't make any sense to say things like  "we need an experienced manager this time" or "we tried a rookie before and look what happened"
It doesn't matter whether the new manager is a rookie or has been around the block - there are countless examples of successes and failures of each. 

Whats important is the next one is a success - regardless of their background.  

Aye it's like when Scotland are looking for a boss and people don't want a foreign manager because Vogts didnt work out.
All about providing the right structure to allow people to succeed, if you're bringing in a rookie then you surround them with experience (potentially could have helped M&M, I'm not counting Holt here).

Edited by ilostmyself

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

McDonaugh? I know he's moved upstairs at Edinburgh City but could he be tempted back? Gary Naysmith has continued the good work he begun.

Good coach but doesn’t fancy the management game apparently 

5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Good coach but doesn’t fancy the management game apparently 

Isn't the whole point of having a Director of Football that you're splitting off the "management" from the "coaching"?  It's noticeable that M&M's titles were First Team Coaches and that's what the Club Statement referred to. So maybe we're not looking for a manager as such, but a good coach?