The Falkirk FC Thread

I'm pretty comfortable in my job. I'm good at it and I'm consistent. I enjoy it. I start a new job on Tuesday. It's higher profile and pays more. Am I up to it? Time will tell, much the same with Loy. He's got the tools to succeed. No reason why he can't. Folk get new jobs, get over it.

What Falkirk fans need to ask themselves is this? Is Loy an Alan Gow or a Darren Barr?. Barr performed better once his deal with Hearts was announced (TBF he hadn't been great that season up to that point). Gow vanished and took the huff with us for not accepting his ghost like performances. From what I have seen of Loy, he ain't no coward. I'd expect he'll continue to try like a bear for us.

The most inconvenient aspect for me will be remembering to unfollow him on Twitter come the end of May.

Back Post Misses, on 24 Feb 2015 - 19:27, said:

When billy big times like Dundee are back offering cash they can ill afford and don't need to be paying they are always going to get players to sign for them. Good luck to the lad TBH, I would have done the same as him in his position. If he puts it in until the end of the season fair enough. I personally think he will TBH.

:lol:

Guest Back Post Misses

Also, Dundee never intended to announce it. Papers beat the club to it so they announced it early.

Same thing happened with Greg Stewart last season. None of us knew about Roberts until it was leaked on the Falkirk side either.

Oh those nasty journalists Eh?

Back Post Misses, on 24 Feb 2015 - 21:31, said:

What is so funny? Do you know what he is on?

Back Post Misses, on 24 Feb 2015 - 21:34, said:

Oh those nasty journalists Eh?

I'll put you down as another frother.

DEV LGE : FALKIRK 2 – 1 DUNDEE

Falkirk were well worth their victory in freezing conditions following an impressive first-half showing. The visitors rallied in the second period but the Bairns missed several chances in the dying minutes to confirm their superiority.

Alan Maybury, Alex Cooper and Taylor Morgan added experience to the starting line-up and there was also a surprise appearance from Liam Rowan currently on loan at Arbroath.

Dundee were hemmed in during the opening stages and Taylor Morgan created a chance in the 8th minutes when his shot from an acute angle was fumbled by Brodie allowing O’Hara to force the loose ball goalwards but it hit the post. Cameron Blues managed a follow-up shot but it was deflected high over the bar.

Shots from O’Hara and Rowan posed problems as Falkirk imposed their authority on the game. Then an inswinging corner from Cooper rebounded off the shin of Liam Dick and skidded just wide of goal.

Falkirk deservedly went in front after 18 minutes. Cooper’s trickery on the left bought him space to deliver a powerful cross and KEVIN O’HARA did the rest with a measured header into the far corner of the net from six yards.

Cameron Blues scrambled a shot just wide as the home side continued in the ascendency before the lead was doubled in 26 minutes. TAYLOR MORGAN waltzed his way past two challenges on the edge of the box then carefully curled a right-foot shot round the goalkeeper for a fine goal.

Morgan was involved again on the half-hour mark, racing clear of the Dundee defence but waited too long to unload his shot allowing Priest to block the effort.

HT – FALKIRK 2 – 0 DUNDEE

Dundee made two changes at the break and although the tempo of their play rose, they posed little goal threat.

Michael Martin was yellow carded in 54 minutes for a trip on Colquhoun before the visitors nicked a goal back on the hour-mark.

The Falkirk defence looked slow to react as the ball fizzed across the face of goal where JOHN BLACK was handily placed to shoot past Bowman from point blank range.

Bowman made a great save from Wighton as Dundee threatened to square the match but tiredness seemed to take its toll on both teams and the game began to degenerate into a midfield slog.

Falkirk finished the stronger – O’Hara rolled a shot home after Brodie had denied Shepherd with a fine save but was ruled offside. Then Shepherd’s deceptive cross in 82 minutes came back off the face of the bar with Brodie struggling.

Shepherd had another great chance late in the game but Brodie pushed the powerfully struck effort wide of the upright.

FT – FALKIRK 2 -1 DUNDEE

FALKIRK : Bowman; Rowan, Gallagher, Martin (Cather 71), Maybury, Dick, Blues (Langton 77), Blair, Morgan, O’Hara, Cooper. Subs not used : Fairbanks (GK), Hamilton, Nash, Shepherd, Johnson.

DUNDEE : Brodie; A. Black, C. Black, Priest, Allan, Waddle (J. Black 45), Avoilo (Gibb 45), Colquhoun, Skelly (Davidson 74), Wighton, Cameron. Subs not used : Gourlay (GK), Warwick, Cunningham, McHardy

Referee : Steven Reid

DEV LGE : FALKIRK 2 – 1 DUNDEE

Falkirk were well worth their victory in freezing conditions following an impressive first-half showing. The visitors rallied in the second period but the Bairns missed several chances in the dying minutes to confirm their superiority.

Alan Maybury, Alex Cooper and Taylor Morgan added experience to the starting line-up and there was also a surprise appearance from Liam Rowan currently on loan at Arbroath.

Dundee were hemmed in during the opening stages and Taylor Morgan created a chance in the 8th minutes when his shot from an acute angle was fumbled by Brodie allowing O’Hara to force the loose ball goalwards but it hit the post. Cameron Blues managed a follow-up shot but it was deflected high over the bar.

Shots from O’Hara and Rowan posed problems as Falkirk imposed their authority on the game. Then an inswinging corner from Cooper rebounded off the shin of Liam Dick and skidded just wide of goal.

Falkirk deservedly went in front after 18 minutes. Cooper’s trickery on the left bought him space to deliver a powerful cross and KEVIN O’HARA did the rest with a measured header into the far corner of the net from six yards.

Cameron Blues scrambled a shot just wide as the home side continued in the ascendency before the lead was doubled in 26 minutes. TAYLOR MORGAN waltzed his way past two challenges on the edge of the box then carefully curled a right-foot shot round the goalkeeper for a fine goal.

Morgan was involved again on the half-hour mark, racing clear of the Dundee defence but waited too long to unload his shot allowing Priest to block the effort.

HT – FALKIRK 2 – 0 DUNDEE

Dundee made two changes at the break and although the tempo of their play rose, they posed little goal threat.

Michael Martin was yellow carded in 54 minutes for a trip on Colquhoun before the visitors nicked a goal back on the hour-mark.

The Falkirk defence looked slow to react as the ball fizzed across the face of goal where JOHN BLACK was handily placed to shoot past Bowman from point blank range.

Bowman made a great save from Wighton as Dundee threatened to square the match but tiredness seemed to take its toll on both teams and the game began to degenerate into a midfield slog.

Falkirk finished the stronger – O’Hara rolled a shot home after Brodie had denied Shepherd with a fine save but was ruled offside. Then Shepherd’s deceptive cross in 82 minutes came back off the face of the bar with Brodie struggling.

Shepherd had another great chance late in the game but Brodie pushed the powerfully struck effort wide of the upright.

FT – FALKIRK 2 -1 DUNDEE

FALKIRK : Bowman; Rowan, Gallagher, Martin (Cather 71), Maybury, Dick, Blues (Langton 77), Blair, Morgan, O’Hara, Cooper. Subs not used : Fairbanks (GK), Hamilton, Nash, Shepherd, Johnson.

DUNDEE : Brodie; A. Black, C. Black, Priest, Allan, Waddle (J. Black 45), Avoilo (Gibb 45), Colquhoun, Skelly (Davidson 74), Wighton, Cameron. Subs not used : Gourlay (GK), Warwick, Cunningham, McHardy

Referee : Steven Reid

Karma imo

Well that bit's just pish isn't it. Your perogative to jump to conclusions though.

I'm not sure who is jumping to more conclusions. I find it highly unlikely that Falkirk would offer oor Rory a 3 year deal. The security Dundee have given him. It is an assumption but it's a fair one.

This chat about Dundee signing players we can't afford is a bit of a leap though. We have signed a championship striker - not a caniggia.

Our board have been clear the budgets have been set and looked at and won't be exceeded. For next season (the budget this affects) we will release a couple of players from deals that auto renewed at end of last season (Iain Davidson, Kevin McBride,) I imagine Kyle letheren might leave. These players will probably be on the same or more than Rory Loy is getting.

You can jump to your own conclusions about Dundees spending if you like - it really makes no odds to us. It does however leave you looking like a speculative, bitter, seething mess :)

As you were.

Iain Davidson and Kevin McBride will more than likely be on more than Loy is considering they've been at the club for a good period of time and Bomber offered massive wage rises and automatic extensions to the team that got us up. Part of the reason why Hartley has been so keen to remove the majority of Bomber's players, even the ones that could play a part such as Peaso.

Iain Davidson and Kevin McBride will more than likely be on more than Loy is considering they've been at the club for a good period of time and Bomber offered massive wage rises and automatic extensions to the team that got us up. Part of the reason why Hartley has been so keen to remove the majority of Bomber's players, even the ones that could play a part such as Peaso.

You do know a manager has no control over wages ect?

gav-ffc, on 25 Feb 2015 - 08:15, said:

You do know a manager has no control over wages ect?

Maybe at your club, but Bomber and Scot Gardiner had pretty much full control over that aspect during their time.

Still has to be signed off by the chairman anyway.

Crazy if they were allowed free reign.

We are telling you that's how it is. We know more about Dundee FC than you funnily enough. I agree it was a shite way to run things - thankfully we are through that now!

It was a feature of pre season that Hartley tried to shift the "bomber brigade" as it was common knowledge they were well paid championship players with generous incentives on their contract regarding promotion. They are all earning more than they probably should be.

I would wager Dundee pay more than Falkirk when both are in the championship and therefore probably significantly more in the premiership.

Just because you sign someone doesn't mean you become a high earner at that club. Like Greg Stewart Loy will need to earn the right to be in that bracket.

I was looking for a figure.