The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Unfortunately at the minute no fan has a say as no director is an elected representative of the fans group and that won’t properly happen till May. Also from an optics point having a board made up of 6 patrons doesn’t suggest the balanced model that it aims to strive for. 

Anyway I’ve got a lot more faith with this new board than the last even if 2 of the old board still remain. 

Hopefully Monday will provide us with more information about plans going forward but things are certainly looking more positive. Definitely need to not rush in to this appointment though as need to make sure it’s the correct one. 

I understand the reasons why elections had to be postponed until May with regards to the two FSS directors, the supporters society hadn’t property launched yet and a temporary appointment had to be made. However if you were to join today you’ll get the chance to elect two permanent BOD members in 4 months time. Incidentally the patrons group which is also a fans group did have democratic elections to select both Kenny Jamison and Keith Gourley (both of whom I rate highly) who will now remain on the board permanently for 3 years unless a vote of no confidence is passed which I believe requires 75% of the membership. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's just one of the old board is it not?

I thought Gordon Wright and Ronnie Bateman were on the old board?

This may well work out, and I really fucking hope it does, but I worry that at the exact time we shouldn't be taking a gamble, that is exactly what we've gone and done. However, I'll get behind him to see how it goes.

Nevertheless, 'Head Coach' also seems to suggest that Holt is staying, which in and of itself is a fucking disgrace.

This may well work out, and I really fucking hope it does, but I worry that at the exact time we shouldn't be taking a gamble, that is exactly what we've gone and done. However, I'll get behind him to see how it goes.
Nevertheless, 'Head Coach' also seems to suggest that Holt is staying, which in and of itself is a fucking disgrace.

I honestly don’t know who would mot have been a gamble tbh.
More inspiring that Rice that’s for sure….

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I understand the reasons why elections had to be postponed until May with regards to the two FSS directors, the supporters society hadn’t property launched yet and a temporary appointment had to be made. However if you were to join today you’ll get the chance to elect two permanent BOD members in 4 months time. Incidentally the patrons group which is also a fans group did have democratic elections to select both Kenny Jamison and Keith Gourley (both of whom I rate highly) who will now remain on the board permanently for 3 years unless a vote of no confidence is passed which I believe requires 75% of the membership. 

I think it’s more about representing fans in the meantime but we’ll learn more on Monday that will hopefully help those of us that have joined up feel like we a voice within the club before May.