The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

There's every chance I read it wrong tbf.

"

• we had 720k in bank at start of 2021/22 (we were lucky due to apparently receiving a sell-on clause for Will Vaulks and some residual Rawlins investment)
  • since taking over in 21/22 the new board are running at 2 times the normal operating loss (anticipated loss this year will be a staggering 900k+)"

Reads to me that you had over 700k in the bank at the start of last season (21/22), and the anticipated lost for this season will also be 900k? Or by this year are they meaning the season just gone? 

You are reading it wrong as is Sarah reporting it 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Opportunity missed for me. Lots of great commercial opportunities for local businesses on the back of events with c.20k people in attendance. Should be a big part of our Commercial Managers remit and if it’s not the commercial manager should make it so.

Should be remembered the Council get a cut of every £ spent using the stadium. Council staff for example deployed will be back charged with a massive mark up. Then the Council owned parking the club don't get a coin on.

Council must be pissing themselves laughing at this money pit they conned the club into becoming.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Should be remembered the Council get a cut of every £ spent using the stadium. Council staff for example deployed will be back charged with a massive mark up. Then the Council owned parking the club don't get a coin on.

Council must be pissing themselves laughing at this money pit they conned the club into becoming.

^^^ An absolutely mind-boggling sense of entitlement

Last time I checked, the big bad council didn't put a gun to your heads, forced you to leave Brockville and set up a new stadium that your club doesn't own. That was your club's free choice - and in the short term, you benefited from it.

Now the shortcomings of that trade-off are simply playing out as expected. And the idea that Falkirk will be getting much benefit at all from concerts once every other more significant party involved takes their cut is wishful thinking. 

11 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Yes, but sure there are opportunities for events like this with local restaurants, pubs, businesses etc etc ? We must be all over that side ? Surely to God.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes, but sure there are opportunities for events like this with local restaurants, pubs, businesses etc etc ? We must be all over that side ? Surely to God.

Who else have we had? Elton John, Little Mix? All of whom added significant £££ into the pot I seem to recall.

5 hours ago, Senor Bairn said:

I'm sure the gym equipment could be moved...

As good a show last night probably was, football comes first regarding the pitch and if it's deemed insufficient by our new coach, ex 'players' and medical staff then surely it's a red flag. 

Is there much gym equipment left?

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Do you? It looks like you lost 900k, and are going to lose another 900k this year. 

What on earth are you addresing and how slowly are you doing it? 

Where are you getting these figures? The last set of accounts showed a 240k loss which was covered via cash reserves. The current set of accounts still to be announced I think is we’re the circa 900k operating loss will be but again, that has been covered via cash reserves. I wasn’t at the meeting but my reading from it is the club are now drained of the cash reserves we had and are predicting a 450k operating loss this year which without further external investment is obviously a worry, perhaps somebody who was there could fill me in but the plan for that seemed to be solely to grow commercial income with a plan B of using the Killers concert cash ring fenced for the pitch replacement as a back up if targets weren’t met. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

3 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^ An absolutely mind-boggling sense of entitlement

Last time I checked, the big bad council didn't put a gun to your heads, forced you to leave Brockville and set up a new stadium that your club doesn't own. That was your club's free choice - and in the short term, you benefited from it.

Now the shortcomings of that trade-off are simply playing out as expected. And the idea that Falkirk will be getting much benefit at all from concerts once every other more significant party involved takes their cut is wishful thinking. 

Club have made a lot of cash out of the gigs over the years as the accounts have shown. The poster you quoted isn’t correct either in that the council make something off every pound, they don’t. They will of course be benefiting from renting out the car parks & hospitality lounges but nothing compared to what the football club make from the events for the use of the pitch, land for the stage & all of the stands seating which are the football clubs to use/sell. 

Even if we only made a couple of hundred grand after each concert then it’s more than any other football club from that stream. 

Most clubs, especially those with ageing stadiums, could only dream of renting out their stadium to something other than an U18 football tournament. 

6 minutes ago, Jackie Myles said:

Is there much gym equipment left?

Yes. It’s fully stocked and won’t be leaving the stadium and neither it should. The players will still use the stadium for their gym work, recovery work in the indoor warm up room & the physio suite etc. 

30 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Great for the local restaurants, local pubs, businesses but they have nothing to do with the club.

23 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Great for the local restaurants, local pubs, businesses but they have nothing to do with the club.

Which is where the new commercial role comes in…ie sponsorship, advertising boards (which are mostly all visible at the concerts).  

Guest Ecosse83

I’ll be honest I have no idea what the club makes from the concerts but yesterday was such a great day. The town was buzzing before it and the atmosphere was fantastic. 

Wetherspoons had to shut the bar for 15 mins though to clean some pint glasses boooooooo 😂

I’ll be honest I have no idea what the club makes from the concerts but yesterday was such a great day. The town was buzzing before it and the atmosphere was fantastic. 

Wetherspoons had to shut the bar for 15 mins though to clean some pint glasses boooooooo [emoji23]
I dont understand how any pub could have been busy, I assumed every c**t that had a ticket was on the M9 car park

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
34 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Wetherspoons had to shut the bar for 15 mins though to clean some pint glasses boooooooo emoji23.png

I dont understand how any pub could have been busy, I assumed every c**t that had a ticket was on the M9 car park

Hello and welcome to our new Commercial Manager !!

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Which is where the new commercial role comes in…ie sponsorship, advertising boards (which are mostly all visible at the concerts).  

The club missed a trick by not having a stand - could have sold shop goods and STs ( and scarfs)

Poor decision by the new commercial manager……😂……still time for tonight…..

Edited by Springfield